our hazza (1 Viewer)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
So what's the deal with Harry Kewell? Is he off to Liverpool or not. First it's on then it's not. It seems as if he wants to go to Liverpool, but Leeds just want to get as much money out of the deal as possible, and who can blame them with all their financial worries. It seems as though there have been 3 late offers made to Leeds, that are all greater than the one made by Liverpool, especially by Chelsea. And speaking of Chelsea, this is going to be a very interesting season or two, with the new owner going on a spending spree.
I do hope that Hazza ends up going to Liverpool, because I've been wanting to see Owen and Kewell play together for a while now. I think it's going to be a very interesting combnation, and one that can definately pull of something grand. If they get Hazza, I reckon that the Liverpool are almost going to be the team to beat this season.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Chelsea was bought by a russian businessman. would be interesting what changes hed make.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by ezzy85
Chelsea was bought by a russian businessman. would be interesting what changes hed make.
Yeah and he's also got a small stake in CSKA Moscow, so this is his second soccer club...not much considering he is the second richest man in Russia and in the top 50 of the world.
News is he wants Thierry Henry, and now I ain't too happy. I'm sure that Henry wants to stay at Arsenal, but if the offer is large enough there is a chance that Arsenal would take it, since they need money at the moment, with them building a new stadium and all. But I'm sure Henry will stay, since there are always rumours about him, and yet he's still here.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Before there is a spending spree there will have to be a fair bit spent on removing most of Chelsea's debt...

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Originally posted by Generator
Before there is a spending spree there will have to be a fair bit spent on removing most of Chelsea's debt...
The debt is gone. It was only like 80million pounds, and that's nothing to a billionaire. I think he paid it off on his first day on the job. But it will definately be interesting to see how much he spends on new players and how many he actually gets. My prediction is not more than 4.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Eh, so I don't follow the pom's league to the extent that you all do...
I really couldn't care about Kewell. I just hope that Emerton shows that he is by far the better player.

is a roflcopter
HSC
nah emerton isnt better than kewell
but wayy better than viduka that fat cunt :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
The guy who signed wif parma last year(bresciano?)'s transfer fee owns them both... added 2gether:D

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I would have to disagree on the Viduka business. I believe he's a very good player, very similar to Christian Vieri actually. Except better than Vieri, becuase he's not just a poacher of goals, but he also does a lot of the support goals and provides many assists. Even if he doesn't get the goals he's usually working his ass off in the "engineroom". And even when it comes to goals, he's scored his fair share: top scorer in Scottish league in his last season there as well as that mad run of goals at the end of the season just finished.
Soo don't you go knocking Viduka, when he could actually be our saviour next World Cup qualifications.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
'cept our mids are shit and he neva gets the service like he did at celtic or at leeds(on the rare occasions that they r in form)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I guess this is the silver lining of Oceania loosing the direct qualifacation...this way if we do get to the world cup we'll be a better team for it and then hopefully do something more than just show up (maybe win a game or at least a couple of draws), as opposed to beating American Samoa and rocking up all macho "yeh we have the world record for goals in a game" and then Brazil beating us like 5-0 with a second rate team.

Generator

HSC
N/A
No, Okon is pathetic and Farina is a fool for using him in the centre of the field. If he was replaced, thought that's unlikely, then we would have a great team.
Viduka won't get us into the World Cup, though he won't be a peripheral figure either. It will be Emerton, Moore, Kewell (that was hard to type) and Bresciano who will be our major players over the next few years.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)