• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Out of these two "qualifications" which is more highly likelly to INVESTMENT BANKING. (4 Viewers)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Out of these two "qualifications" which is more highly likelly to INVESTMENT BANK

All those things you named are subsidiaries of a retail bank. Its actually a line in all our paperwork and pitchbook disclaimers. Anyway this discussion is moot because i would know best where i work and im not here to debate that.?

but i do work for one of those banks i listed and im at the stage where i sift through resumes and do campus recruiting so im happy to answer questions on interviews,etc

I also coordinate summer internship assessments and training so happy to answer any questions on that as well
newbie, that's why I don't bother posting on this forum.

Only people like serimfy bother. Look at all these kids... not even sure why you bother explaining to them. In the meantime, what should I do post-retirement? Need some cheap apartments to buy - was thinking of Whampoa Gardens seems to have come down to around 7k/sq ft. Quite like it because MTR being extended. Also quite like Telford. Any thoughts? Hate TKO though.

Am too overweight in Melb/Syd properties atm.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Out of these two "qualifications" which is more highly likelly to INVESTMENT BANK

Those are divisions of an universal bank. You may know well where you work but we are just intrigued by what you said.

Do you work in HR? Why are you doing campus recruiting now when they were done in either March/April or mid-August? Also, it's nice of them to let you get online and chat during work hours or are you on leave presently?

PS. The investment banking division is as much a subsidiary as the retail bank division so I really have no idea why you called them a retail bank.
Blah blah blah noobface...

http://www.anz.com/corporate/products-services/financing/mergers-acquisitions/

http://www.efinancialnews.com/story/2011-04-15/whither-standard-chartered-oil-and-gas

runnable

HSC

Your immaturity is humorous.

I explained the concept of retail banks + investment banking division quite clearly. ANZ colloquially is the retail bank portion just like Bank of America colloquially is the retail bank portion. The banking group is the universal bank.

Last edited:

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

Your immaturity is humorous.

I explained the concept of retail banks + investment banking division quite clearly. ANZ colloquially is the retail bank portion just like Bank of America colloquially is the retail bank portion. The banking group is the universal bank.
What are you talking about kid?

Let me see... this is what you said when Newbie said he works in the investment banking division of a retail bank.
"Unfortunately there's no such thing. Institutional banking perhaps? "

Just admit you were wrong. What a fool.

Are you even working yet? Or are you retired like me?

runnable

HSC

What are you talking about kid?

Let me see... this is what you said when Newbie said he works in the investment banking division of a retail bank.
"Unfortunately there's no such thing. Institutional banking perhaps? "

Just admit you were wrong. What a fool.

Are you even working yet? Or are you retired like me?
As I explained before. Investment banking division is seperate of the retail banking portion. So there is no such thing as the investment banking division of a retail bank. Just like Chase Bank and Citibank do not have an IBD. ANZ Banking Group has a M&A practice but it is not the IBD of the retail bank, ANZ. ANZ Banking Group is what's credited when it's listed as financial advisor, just like Citigroup is what's named when listed.

Have the courtesy of understanding what people are saying otherwise you're wasting everyone's time. I'm done entertaining your immaturity. I expected more from you with your credentials.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Seriously, this is just a minor technicality and doesn't change anything so I don't see why you two bother arguing/debating these points.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad

Because I like putting kiddos in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)