Outcomes of Failing (1 Viewer)

mattylo

HSC
If you fail a first year subject, do you have to repeat it? (even if you dont need to do it) or can you just replace it?
Also does it cause lower employability? and i also heard it doesn't let you get into honours?
Does anyone know the passing rate of 'fundamentals' of physics phys1111, FUNDAMENTALS MY ASS, GUYS THIS IS THE WORST SUBJECT EVER AND YOU EVEN HAVE TO PASS ALL COMPONENTS, i think i should just give up? because its occupying all the time i need for my other subjects.

Last edited:

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
It depends on the subject and what degree you are doing. Engineering for example doesn't require ypu to do phys111 although you must do and pass phys1121 (which is the normal physics course).

D94

HSC
N/A
If it's an elective, you can do another elective in replace of that. If it's required for the degree, then you have to pass the course.

Don't see why the "pass all components to pass the course" is such a big deal.

Kittikhun

HSC
I did PHYS1111 last year. The lecturer said the failure rate for the first semester of 2012 for this course was 30%. Apparently, the failure rate is higher for PHYS1121 and PHYS1131. All respect for those who do higher physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)