Over 18's only... (1 Viewer)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
dont u think its a bit stupid that its only over 18's?they will lose so much money!i was goin 2 go & i am over 18 but my boyfriend isnt. it sucks- so much for the bigest end of HSC party...

i know the bos prob wasnt allowed 2 coz of the venue but surely they could have come 2 some agreement? like sanctioning the bar to over 18's only?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by MaryJane
i know the bos prob wasnt allowed 2 coz of the venue but surely they could have come 2 some agreement? like sanctioning the bar to over 18's only?
Legally the bars are only allowed to sell alcohol to people aged 18+ anyway

It's either has to be 18+ with alcohol or all ages without alcohol and those who want some wouldn't be able to bring alcohol in. "They'd have to go consume them in a park somewhere like little year 9 kids and then come along" (hint hint Laz) haha :D

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
yeah i agree! it sux :(

ah well...hope everyone thats going has lotsa fun

Winston

HSC
Even if they do check for ID at the bar, cant a 18 yr old friend buy a under age a drink, that's the biggest concern.

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
wait a minute..

Ms 12 said in the formal afterparty thread that her afterparty was at One World Sports (where this BOS party is) and that they had both over and under-18's (they used those bracelets for those over 18).

If it goes for them, shouldn't it go for this? (Same location & management).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by j-belle
wait a minute..

Ms 12 said in the formal afterparty thread that her afterparty was at One World Sports (where this BOS party is) and that they had both over and under-18's (they used those bracelets for those over 18).

If it goes for them, shouldn't it go for this? (Same location & management).
This event has 1000 people, theirs had less than 150. It's a simple matter of what is and is not manageable. 150 is a relatively small number, and the bar attendant would be easily able to ask each patron to flash their band, though with 1000 potential customers this is not the case.

Last edited:

j-belle

suki :D
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
This event has 1000 people, theirs had less than 150. It's a simple matter of what is and is not manageable. 150 is a relatively small number, and the bar attendant would be easily able to ask each patron to flash their band, though with 1000 potential customers this is not the case.
OK, well I think we can assume that they will have enough bar attendants to service the 1000 people, as not everyone will be buying drinks at the same time, and will line up etc. The bar attendants (at any party) never check the wristband itself, they just glance to make sure that you are wearing it (which takes no extra time whatsoever, it could even be done whilst pouring the drink).

So whether it's 150 or 1000 people in there, if the bar is being used, I think the wristband idea has the same usefulness (seeing as though they never waste time even in a smaller event inspecting them individually, they just make sure that it is there) :)

wacked-boi

Wrist bands would not work , 1000 people think about it. People would be buying drinks for people under 18 and their's no way to police it with such a big crowd.

Arkhon

Do you reckon they would let in a friend of mine? Her birthday is on the 19th and the party is 9pm - 3am (18th - 19th). Is 3 hours going to stop her from going? Or should we wait and all go at 12:01am so she can get in? :p

Huy

HSC
N/A
LOL!

Good question, they'll let her in after midnight, but I don't know about before (since she is, technically, 17 and underage).

I think, to be safe, that you should wait until she's 18 (by the clock) and they'll let her in for sure. :)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i think guards should let her in. she wont be different or mature in 3 hours. it depends on her luck and on security guard, by law( i dont think) she is not allowed

Arkhon

hmmm, tough decision
I don't live in the city so I don't really want to go all the way into the city only to have to find something to do for 3 hours...hmmm
oh well, I'll have to think of something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)