Overall, was the School Certificate what you expected? (1 Viewer)

The School Certificate was...

• Cake/Very Easy

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Easy

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Fair/Average

Votes: 35 51.5%
  • Hard

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • Very Hard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WTF IS THIS!? So hard man!

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Wait, the SC was this week?!

Votes: 3 4.4%

• Total voters

Reptave

HSC
stop feeling sorry for yourself you loser. regardless, its the SC. it cant be unfair! also, we got a high marker prac and a desalination 7 marker last year. you shoukd love the longer responses. you get to show off what you know so the more you get the easier the paper. if you expect any subject in the hsc to be full of 2-3 mark questions then go work at macas loser.
"Describe the human rights issues facing Australia in the present and explain the effects on society." -- 15 marks. >.<

I must admit that I found science to be much easier than the practice papers, and that English was of similar difficulty to the previous papers and my yearly (not that it was easy or anything ='P), but the mathematics paper was horrid IMO. Much harder than last year's paper. And I think I did well enough in HSIE; I spent the first five minutes sorting my paper into a pile so that I could work on it in the order I wanted to (short responses, multiple choice, long responses). Well enough, considering I referenced 'Forrest Gump' and 'Tropic Thunder' in my long response about why Australia got involved in the Vietnam War. I wrote 2 paragraphs on Vietnam (15 marks) and 2 pages on the Whitlam Dissmissal (5 marks), because I Wikipedia'd Whitlam the night before. LOL!

chakibu

HSC
English was strange, I didn't like the speech at all, because practically, if you tried to draw out a thankyou for that long, you'd sound like a bit of a twit. The writing task was quite easy, the conservation questions were right up my alley. I also felt more confident in the multi choice, they were far easier than the trials at our school. Overall, I'm pretty confident. I'd estimate about 90-95%

Science is where I always fall down, and I'm not feeling overly confident with it. I felt like it was based more on knowledge than the trials, and it threw me off a bit. Maybe 75ish %?

Maths was brilliant. I'm feeling really confident about it, but it is my best subject. I know I got the number line thing wrong, but that's the only thing I have trouble with, the shaded and unshaded dots. The last question was a killer! But I think what I put down for it would have to earn me a mark. Or at least half a mark, because the branch of maths that the question is dervied from is taught in ext 1 year 12 maths. I've done so much studying for it, and I think I got the rest right. I'm betting on a 98%. Allowing for either one more unidetified error, or not getting the mark for the last question.

History was addressing things that I had a broader knowledge about that in my trials. The essay question I thought was a bit awkward, though. I wasn't quite sure of any other influences aside from the Domino Theory and Menzies. I guessed that the US being there had something to do with it, so I went on about that for a while. Later my mum told me that it was a huge reason for us going there. I was proud. The question about sources was really awkward. 'Well, you pick up the sources, you get information from them, and that's how you use sources!' Not that I actually wrote that, but it was just silly. Maybe 90-96%?

Geography was amazing! I was so pleased, my Geography teacher is incredibly efficient, and taught us absolutely everything that was covered in the test. The clinometer question was just something that she covered 'just in case' and it appeared, miraculously! The human rights essay was really good, I felt, especially considering the Sri Lankan asylum seeker issue that is facing the country presently. Markers love when current affairs are brought into the question, and I got to put in my knowledge on that. I got a 90% in the trials, and I think I did better in this one. 96-98% I think.

Overall, it was easier than I prepared for, but I wasn't expecting rocket science.

drown in ink

HSC
my school purposely ddnt even tell us we cud walk out. i guess they thought we were goin to do any bettr by just sitting there

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I swear there were only 4 boxes....
Haha yes there was but there were 3 ones already filled in, idk why i was counting this stuff - just had tons of time left at the end.

CecilyMare

HSC
I thought I would be the geographically geniusest of all geography geniuses because I know the secret behind earthquakes.

I'm nice, so I'm going to share it with you guys.

What did one earthquake say to the other earthquake?

“It's all your fault!”

sunnaye

HSC
Human Rights? Did anyone actually learn that in school?

Board of Studies was quite unfair to actually change the whole expectation just like that without warning.

I heard it happened with the HSC tests too? With the random spring in expectations~ Like they suddenly want us to do better or something. =='

We should go complain! LOL. jokes.

but seriously.. HUMAN RIGHTS?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you talking about that flow chart that we had to complete? That was only 4 marks.

It was pretty fair/average, I must say that some of the extended responses were a lot more retarded than previous papers'.
As for Geography, I expected an extended response on one link or a geographical issue. But the again I liked the Reconciliation/Human Rights question. I guessed two MC. :)

As for Science, I expected a question on a type of electromagnetic wave and its scientific or medical use. Luckily I got a question that I wanted, which was
the extended response, one type of renewable energy and its effect on the environment. I think I got 3 MC wrong and 1 one - word answer wrong.

As for History, I was suprised because it followed a similar convention to previous years. History was excellent. That can be said about English aswell, although this MC had quite a few questions that were hard or ambiguous. I already know what I got for English, 92.

As for Mathematics, I found it harder than previous papers and probably got a band 5 for it. I found myself rushing MC and sitting in the exam room for 20 minutes trying to figure out last question. Lol, a 97 in 5.3 to a figure probably in the mid 80s for SC. F%$K!

I haven't got my results back (exception English) but anticipate a Band 5 for Maths. Apart from this everything was average and definately easier than Trials. There's no point crying over spilt milk. :(

Last edited:

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I was one of the five that voted for "WTF THIS IS SO HARD MAN" and now that I've received my results I do believe the SC was aligned considerably because I was absolutely sure I would have a lot more wrong than my SC mark.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I was one of the five that voted for "WTF THIS IS SO HARD MAN" and now that I've received my results I do believe the SC was aligned considerably because I was absolutely sure I would have a lot more wrong than my SC mark.
Hi-5 9 (no pun intended), your on the same boat as me. I got quite a lot wrong after looking at the Maths paper published, like 19 wrong. I count questions not sure as wrong. Gah.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)