Overloading Question (1 Viewer)

ace

is retired
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
Full fee... I don't even know how hecs works. I've paid full fee for the past three semesters.
Since you seem to be a FULL FEE person, yeah my question didn't really mean anything, through what i was trying to get at.

Anyone out there, who is a hecs/ commonwealth supported (as they call it now) person do an extra course in there degree, but it was not charged at the hec's rate? (i.e the full fee $2000+ for just that course itself, etc.)

damn, full fee for hte past 3 semesters, that's like 20k a year, either your loaded or moving into poverty :p

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
ace said:
Since you seem to be a FULL FEE person, yeah my question didn't really mean anything, through what i was trying to get at.

Anyone out there, who is a hecs/ commonwealth supported (as they call it now) person do an extra course in there degree, but it was not charged at the hec's rate? (i.e the full fee $2000+ for just that course itself, etc.)

damn, full fee for hte past 3 semesters, that's like 20k a year, either your loaded or moving into poverty :p
Oooh whoops I mean hehehe upfront hecs payer. What a moron. CMI is eating my brains out. When I read 20k, I was like what the.... :p
It was just charged at the HECS rate, the extra I did.

ace

is retired
HSC
Good to know that about the cost. Hmm, I might think about overloading now.

PinkKiller

HSC
N/A
ace said:
You can only overload (that 27 thing i was talking about), after your first set of results. Since overloading is somewhat based on results. Since there is nothing to gauge your performance in first year, first session, then it won't let you overload.

If your trying to enrol for 2nd session though of 1st yr, and it doesn't let you go to 27uoc, then talk to the faculty your in and yeah, they shouldn't reject ya (well im assuming you didn't fail stuff of course) (Failing stuff always changes the way things work for you)
ok so you mean i have to wait for my results to come out first then be able to overload (or at least try if i can :p)?

sunny

meh.
HSC
From memory anything that is done after your course is over (all UOCs completed) is considered non-award, and you need to pay full fees.

I Robot

HSC
Full fee as in?

HECS upfront fees (ie Band 2 subjects: $684 for 6UOC), or

Full Fees (no exceptions) (ie Band 2 subjects: $2340 for 6UOC)?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
sunny said:
From memory anything that is done after your course is over (all UOCs completed) is considered non-award, and you need to pay full fees.
How will they know if you're doing these additional courses in the midst of your course? They just ask you to pay the HECS rate.

sunny

meh.
HSC
I said:
Full fee as in?

HECS upfront fees (ie Band 2 subjects: $684 for 6UOC), or

Full Fees (no exceptions) (ie Band 2 subjects: $2340 for 6UOC)?
Full fee as in full fee - from what I understand after you have finished your degree HECS does not cover anything extra.

InfiniteQ said:
How will they know if you're doing these additional courses in the midst of your course? They just ask you to pay the HECS rate.
It will just count towards your overall UOC count if its in the "midst" of your course. Its when you finish your 144 (or similar) UOC and you enrol in more subjects it would become non award.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
sunny said:
Full fee as in full fee - from what I understand after you have finished your degree HECS does not cover anything extra.

It will just count towards your overall UOC count if its in the "midst" of your course. Its when you finish your 144 (or similar) UOC and you enrol in more subjects it would become non award.
Hmmm I'm gonna email them after exams & suss it out a bit more cos if it's non award then you should be able to get it off your transcript but they say that's not an option.

martin

Mathemagician
HSC
How does this work if you have say two subjects to go and you do 4 in your final semester. Do you have to pay full fee for two of them?

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
does anyone know anybody who overloaded to 30+ UOC before? And what kind of marks they got before, and after.. the change of attractiveness before and after overloading etc..

I'm currently in the situation of being in either 21/27/33 UOC. If I can get a preloadable subject I'd choose 33.. but yeah, advises?

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
underthesun said:
does anyone know anybody who overloaded to 30+ UOC before? And what kind of marks they got before, and after.. the change of attractiveness before and after overloading etc..

I'm currently in the situation of being in either 21/27/33 UOC. If I can get a preloadable subject I'd choose 33.. but yeah, advises?
Contact hrs - other committments (like work) and see how much time you're left with. I have a friend who is doing comm/law & is doing quite a few subjects cos she wants to finish early and she's still a D avg type student. Just depends on how much time you're willing to put into it... it's harder when the subjects aren't related too.

sunny

meh.
HSC
martin said:
How does this work if you have say two subjects to go and you do 4 in your final semester. Do you have to pay full fee for two of them?
I'm actually trying to find out about this myself now - I only have 24uoc left to do for the next year and a half, giving me only one or two subjects to do in my final semester. I want to fill that up so I have less subjects to do when I transfer into honours year.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
Did a search on myunsw:

Its a dead link though.

faculty of Commerce and Economics
Overloading. Each course is usually 6 units of credit. Students are permitted to
enrol in a maximum of 24 ... No overloading is permitted in any semester. ...
www.ceinfo.unsw.edu.au/pgNewStudEnrol2001S2.html - 36k - Cached - Similar pages

Who is my school exactly?

cus I wanna take fins1612 and fins1613 together next session..

mitch_07

HSC
sorry to sound like an idiot but whats wam and how is it calculated
thanks

sunny

meh.
HSC
Eagles said:
Depends on your degree.....(its kinda stuff you should already know). Like InfiniteQ already said, overloading depends on your school/faculty.

mitch_07 said:
sorry to sound like an idiot but whats wam and how is it calculated
thanks
WAM - Weighted Average Mark.
You can find your WAM (you don't have one yet if this is your first year first session) under "Academic Transcript" in myUNSW. It is essentially an average of your final marks in each subject, weight by the number of units they are worth.

ace

is retired
HSC
Eagles said:
Did a search on myunsw:

Its a dead link though.

Overloading. Each course is usually 6 units of credit. Students are permitted to

Here an archived link of that thingy above (Commerce ver)
http://web.archive.org/web/20041022234201/http://www.ceinfo.unsw.edu.au/ce_reenrol.html

Im not in commerce, so oh well. What a petty faculty, not letting you overload.

The cse version
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/tc/overload.html

Oh boy, I'm going to overload like crazy now.

Since its all nss based, let's see em stop ya from overloading :p :cool:

I need to check on that full fee non-award crap though. don't want a big ass bill (like full fee like) at the end for 1-2 subjects.

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Eagles said:
Did a search on myunsw:

Its a dead link though.

cus I wanna take fins1612 and fins1613 together next session..
Your school is school of banking & finance for fins.

This is taken from FCE FAQ:

Question
Can I do more than four courses per session?

Answer
The maximum number of units of credit students of this Faculty are permitted to enrol in, including General Education courses, is 24 per session.

Students in their final year may be permitted to overload, usually in their final session, to satisfy degree requirements only, and also only where their academic record indicates that such an overload is unlikely to result in failure.

If you fit into this category and would like to apply to overload, please submit a written application to the Faculty Student Centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)