Overrated Artists and Bands (1 Viewer)

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
whats the point of stating the obvious? it would be better to have an underated thread.

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
I always thought Metallica was shittier than everyone made out. Even the supposedly good years were pretty lame. OK, but not great.

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
sorry mr brightside haha I just really don't like them

dawso
I don't like missy higgins, and all the others I mentioned... It is not to do with if they wrote the songs themselves or not... its more to do with the songs they write aren't good IN MY OPINION (note IN MY OPINION)...
Although I do tend to like people who write their own songs alot better than people who use image to sell their cd's.

I don't judge people on their musical tastes either, its a free country ppl can like who they like... my sister annoys me cos she plays "My Humps" way way way way too much, and all her other "cool" songs that become very bad when heard for the 100000000000000th time..

oh and funkoncrack get stuffed
(4 ppl who don't know he is my BF in real life trying to shit me)

M.I.A-187

HSC
I gonna add metallica cause i think they falls off a bit after black album

And 2pac...but he is overrated for a good reason :cool:

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
green day
tool
the veronicas
every single person thats ever been on australian idol
missy higgins
black eyed peas
madona
foo fighters
celine dion
akon [ hes fucking shit and we all know it]
silverchair

dawso said:
i find 2 things about this thread really funny.....

1-everyone has different tastes and everyone admits this yet we all still fight about different bands being shit
2-i think its a general concencous that simple plan and good charlotte suck...lol, i even know the most emo of emo children and they even hate them

in regards to ur "overratedness" of pete murray, missy higgins and the veronicas, i disagree as these three as far as i can see....dont love themselves and are very humble about their talent and actually make music unlike some artists, aka - pussycat dolls where its all about the sex appeal/image

in regards to ur hate of all rappers....yes, i hate rap as well....however, some stupid fuckers out there love it so let them waste their money on the shit...i just wont spend $200 to go see some black dude bitch about the hos that hes slept with....

the end :D
your opinion on music is invalid because your taste in music is limited to sliverchair

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Tulipa said:
if i do remember correctly someone used to LOVE the song seventy times 7 by brand new...

am i wrong :p ?
still dont mind it
haha but funnily enough my favourite brand new song is

am i wrong

ahaha

but what im saying is they only have a couple of good songs and dont deserve the props they get from the music community

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Serius said:
green day
tool
the veronicas
every single person thats ever been on australian idol
missy higgins
black eyed peas
madona
foo fighters
celine dion
akon [ hes fucking shit and we all know it]
silverchair

your opinion on music is invalid because your taste in music is limited to sliverchair

yes, my opinion on music is invalid, as it is limited to silverchair (not sliver...although it should have been sliverchair...long story, no need 2 to explain daniel's johns dislexia right now....) anyway, yes, my taste is only silverchair, and thats why i have an unpaid debt logo as my signiture and have just started another thread confessing my love and devotion to the against me and lagwagon tours, of course i "only" like silverchair...

ZING

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Going for one, I'd have to say the Foo Fighters.

They're a good band. At times I'd say they're great. They deserve their success.

But they're not gods. They get you to buy the albums with 3, 4 good songs, the rest of the album filled with slower tracks, which made most of Nothing Left to Lose unlistenable. They put out some great stuff for sure, but the amount of people who just suck up to them, damn.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
dawso said:
yes, my opinion on music is invalid, as it is limited to silverchair (not sliver...although it should have been sliverchair...long story, no need 2 to explain daniel's johns dislexia right now....) anyway, yes, my taste is only silverchair, and thats why i have an unpaid debt logo as my signiture and have just started another thread confessing my love and devotion to the against me and lagwagon tours, of course i "only" like silverchair...
your ignorance of rap has allready clearly been highlighted, now back to your shit band music, pop and anything in the top40 or on channel v
this is the "music" thread, not the shitheap generic, pre-packaged "noise" for the masses thread

dawso

HSC
Serius said:
your ignorance of rap has allready clearly been highlighted, now back to your shit band music, pop and anything in the top40 or on channel v
this is the "music" thread, not the shitheap generic, pre-packaged "noise" for the masses thread
ok, u got me, i only listen to "pop and anything in the top 40 or on channel v" ....just like unpaid debt, i mean, man, i saw them on the top 40 and i just fell in love, i mean, cause they get played on channel v every day....and as to against me! geez, i saw yumi talking about them on channel v last night, and lagwagon....man they were number 4 on the charts just last century!

as to the rest of my music, propogandhi...now theres a pop band if ive ever heard one. and what about lost in line? geez, theyre not only a great band but i first saw them on idol i think it was....as to the rest of the bands currently in my playlist......lets go through them.....im sure u can also find this list on the top 40 cant u....

jebediah
neil young
alkaline trio
strung out
crowned king
no use for a name
propoagandhi
lagwagon
rancid
the mighty might bosstones
the ramones
the offspring
steppinwolf
28 days
against me
anti-flag
bad religion
bagster
fat mannequin
cherry poppin daddies
the clash
the disables
fenix tv
frenzal rhomb
godmsack
goldfinger
grand fatal
gyroscope
irrelevent
lawerance arms
the living end
lost in line
mad caddies
me first and the gimme gimmes
millencolin

ok, thats just the first 3rd of my current playlist...tell me wat percentage of that is "pop" or "top 40"....in fact....tell me how much of that u have even heard? and anyone who has heard my stuff...feel free to tell jarad what you think of this music....ill accept any objections cause everyone has different taste in music as i have stated all along....

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
iam hoping thats albums and not tracks, cause otherwise your music repitoire is quite small

me? 10 Gb and counting[ counting as in, dling 4 albums right now man i love 1500/512]

hey guess what? all your music there is bands?
no matter how underground you think your shit is, its still soft

rap rips on it anyday, but u know what? i can still appreciate different types of music, like punky/pop...not exactly my fav music but i can still listen to it

instead u label a multi million dollar genre, arguably one of the largest and most influential genres around as shit and its just some black guy [ heard of eminem? haha] bitching
now correct me if iam wrong, but i would like to see some of your favourite vocalists get out the same number of words, let alone sylables in 10 of their songs compared with 1 rap.
the ryhmes are better, the pace is faster, the beats are bigger, in those ways rap is better than anything u listen to

you need to expand your horizons and learn to appreciate some of the big genres, as well as the really small ones...and by big i dont mean pop, i mean good music

dawso

HSC
Serius said:
iam hoping thats albums and not tracks, cause otherwise your music repitoire is quite small

me? 10 Gb and counting[ counting as in, dling 4 albums right now man i love 1500/512]

hey guess what? all your music there is bands?
no matter how underground you think your shit is, its still soft

rap rips on it anyday, but u know what? i can still appreciate different types of music, like punky/pop...not exactly my fav music but i can still listen to it

instead u label a multi million dollar genre, arguably one of the largest and most influential genres around as shit and its just some black guy [ heard of eminem? haha] bitching
now correct me if iam wrong, but i would like to see some of your favourite vocalists get out the same number of words, let alone sylables in 10 of their songs compared with 1 rap.
the ryhmes are better, the pace is faster, the beats are bigger, in those ways rap is better than anything u listen to

you need to expand your horizons and learn to appreciate some of the big genres, as well as the really small ones...and by big i dont mean pop, i mean good music

thats bands....and thats just my current playlist...not all my music

and yes.,..they are bands....note that bands actually MAKE music...more than just singing along....however i do appreciate some solo artists....missy higgins, ben lee, pete murray (cause they also actually MAKE music)

and i didnt say rap was shit....all i said was that i didnt want to pay the overpriced tickets that those guys have to see them...that was all, i urge you to go watch them if that what you enjoy

in regards to the speed of the singing....heres a song you can download with those 3 albums ur getting (despite the amazing illegalness of this because ur downloading music by people who are only in the scene to make money.....however most of my music is by people who want to spread their word so it can be easily and legally downloaded for free :D)

maxwell murder - rancid

or if u want a peice of really quick singing, try 2 get joel turner's these kids

the solo by his brother is awesome and this song has everything that makes a good song

-a message
-a beat
-actual music making....not just a computer!!!

dawso

HSC
mr_brightside said:
you suck...
somebody told me....that i didnt say that??? wtf went on there?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
dawso said:
thats bands....and thats just my current playlist...not all my music

and yes.,..they are bands....note that bands actually MAKE music...more than just singing along....however i do appreciate some solo artists....missy higgins, ben lee, pete murray (cause they also actually MAKE music)

and i didnt say rap was shit....all i said was that i didnt want to pay the overpriced tickets that those guys have to see them...that was all, i urge you to go watch them if that what you enjoy

in regards to the speed of the singing....heres a song you can download with those 3 albums ur getting (despite the amazing illegalness of this because ur downloading music by people who are only in the scene to make money.....however most of my music is by people who want to spread their word so it can be easily and legally downloaded for free :D)

maxwell murder - rancid

or if u want a peice of really quick singing, try 2 get joel turner's these kids

the solo by his brother is awesome and this song has everything that makes a good song

-a message
-a beat
-actual music making....not just a computer!!!
joel turner counts as rap, note:beatbox whats that connected to? rap and i know for a fact he can rap anyways

halfway through your post i was gonna use joel turner as an example of some1 who can rap and playes the music with it

any shit u have that u think is fast cant really compare to rap, ill play u some next party if u want, but bone thugs n harmony song "thug love" is fair fast at the start

the thing is that rap isnt about the primitive instruments in the background, its about the message, and its about how it ryhmes together
best example would be tupac - changes cause we need to change the society we live in to elliminate racism, not change black people because they are seen as criminals

note: joel turner isnt really quick, thats around average speed or abit slower in rap :D

because at the end of a day, for a song to sound good it isnt all about the vocalist and what notes he can hit, a good ryhme is better on the ears and is cleverer than a good voice, not to say i dont admire a good voice, but alot of todays music that isnt rap is like 2 lines of shit like ryming "maybe" with "baby" and then back to the chorus and a good balance is needed if u r going for the type of song that *needs* a good voice.

good music comes in it aswell, but rap has progressed alot since the 1980's where it was just a simple beat and the rapper keeping the rythm, nowadays some decent music [ good beat still essential or the rapper cant do anything] is a must have.

i guess what iam trying to say is that at the end of the day, rap is hands down lyrically superior to any other genre. Rap also holds it own among the best in terms of a good beat, because it is essential for the ryhming... alot of rap incorporates other stuff, like decent vocalists in the chorus.
*dont phunk with my heart* anyone? " i wonder if u take you home, would u still be in love baby" man good sounding voice right there.
and a decent tune in the background or during the chorus is usually there aswell, the music or instrumenal bit is not very good compared to what bands put out, but it isnt advertised as rap's strong point, its the icing on the cake if u will

Last edited:

dawso

HSC
Serius said:
joel turner counts as rap, note:beatbox whats that connected to? rap and i know for a fact he can rap anyways

halfway through your post i was gonna use joel turner as an example of some1 who can rap and playes the music with it

any shit u have that u think is fast cant really compare to rap, ill play u some next party if u want, but bone thugs n harmony song "thug love" is fair fast at the start

the thing is that rap isnt about the primitive instruments in the background, its about the message, and its about how it ryhmes together
best example would be tupac - changes cause we need to change the society we live in to elliminate racism, not change black people because they are seen as criminals

note: joel turner isnt really quick, thats around average speed or abit slower in rap :D

because at the end of a day, for a song to sound good it isnt all about the vocalist and what notes he can hit, a good ryhme is better on the ears and is cleverer than a good voice, not to say i dont admire a good voice, but alot of todays music that isnt rap is like 2 lines of shit like ryming "maybe" with "baby" and then back to the chorus and a good balance is needed if u r going for the type of song that *needs* a good voice.

good music comes in it aswell, but rap has progressed alot since the 1980's where it was just a simple beat and the rapper keeping the rythm, nowadays some decent music [ good beat still essential or the rapper cant do anything] is a must have.

i guess what iam trying to say is that at the end of the day, rap is hands down lyrically superior to any other genre. Rap also holds it own among the best in terms of a good beat, because it is essential for the ryhming... alot of rap incorporates other stuff, like decent vocalists in the chorus.
*dont phunk with my heart* anyone? " i wonder if u take you home, would u still be in love baby" man good sounding voice right there.
and a decent tune in the background or during the chorus is usually there aswell, the music or instrumenal bit is not very good compared to what bands put out, but it isnt advertised as rap's strong point, its the icing on the cake if u will
fuck i cant be bothered makin all my comebacks, im off 2 the pub to get drunk

quickly though.....yes jt is rap but i never said rap was shit, i just said i didnt wanna pay a shit load 2 see some american black rapper bitch, thats all

no jt isnt very quick, although the section i refered to i now find out is only in the nonradio mix which means you have to buy it and not be cheap....so uve never heard it (it is in fact his brother as previously stated....his brother came 5th at the world champs of speed rapping apparently...)

ok, u play me some of ur shit u went on about (cant be fuked readin it all) and ill play you some of the good shit...actually, save that, come down 2 the oxford tonight and hear some good music, starts at 9:30

i notice u didnt listen 2 my rancid.....unlucky, ur missing out

now off 2 get my results and head down the pub

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
U2​

Seriously, they are the single most overrated band in the world. bono is a twat. That is all.

M.I.A-187

HSC
Everybody, Chill :) it just a matter of opinion course pplz have different taste and they like and dislike different things. Plz try to accept what pplz sort of don't like and cut off teh insut (that just make you look "groupish").

Add in overrated band :KISS. (seriously)

Add in overrated pop stuff: T.A.T.U (oh plz...)

Overrated Rapper: 50 cents still :/ (do i really need explaination???).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)