oweek question (1 Viewer)

kenshinx77

HSC
I have a really quick question regarding oweek, hope u guys can help...

I am currently enrolled in engineering/ commerce which mean that i am in the faculty of engineering....

is it necessary for me to attend the australian school of business orientation???

=) thx for the help guys

jooyang91

HSC
im also a commerce/engineering student but i will not be attending the asb orienatation because i am only enrolled in engineering courses for the first year.. i'll probably attend next year's orientation for asb..
but.. i guess u can always attend both orientations as i heard there are alot of freebies and i believe its a good opportunities to make new friends..
hope it has helped..

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
In an unrelated matter... I have a few friends coming with me on the Monday who aren't enrolled at UNSW. Will they be able to get into the FBE welcome with me, or do they have a list of the students who are actually enrolled and only let these ones enter? I suppose it would be the same as if my parents were to come lol.

netracer

HSC
I have a really quick question regarding oweek, hope u guys can help...

I am currently enrolled in engineering/ commerce which mean that i am in the faculty of engineering....

is it necessary for me to attend the australian school of business orientation???

=) thx for the help guys
Hey speaking from experience, it wouldn't hurt to attend the ASB orientation as the plans could change next year. For example when I started in 2008, we were told about the core courses and what majors required what, but this is different to 2010. So if you are unsure about your majors in commerce etc, it might clear things up if you go this year because it might be different next year.

But keep in mind that most of the information would be available online.

simon2004

hi biopia,

your friends and/or parents will probably be bored if they came to your FBE welcome. I suggest you tell your friends to explore campus, get some coffee etc for the hour and meet you for a tour in the early afternoon; and to tell your parents to go to the monday evening vice-chancellors welcome to students and their families, and go with them. after the students and families welcome, send your parents on a parent tour, while you should rock down for the pre-screening movie night of O-week - showing "The Blind Side".

see www.oweek.info/whatson for more info on welcome times and locations

for kenshinx77's question, if you have the time, go to both welcomes and they will have different important information. if you can only make one, there is no big problem though

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Thanks heaps for that =]
I also rang the FBE people and they said that only students will be allowed to enter anyway =]
Thanks heaps for all your suggestions =] They are very helpful.

kenshinx77

HSC
cheers guys for the help i guess i might attend afetr all =)

dawdlex3

HSC
I remember for my Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences welcome, they didn't check whether you were a student there. You could just randomly sit inside as long as you don't make a disturbance. Most of the stuff they say there would be found online, but it's always more assuring to hear it spoken to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)