P&o Pacific Sun Schoolies Cruise 2004 (1 Viewer)

cows_go_moo

Throbbing Member
HSC
pungpui said:
- tipping is usually a must but i guess for schoolies...i dont think they'll expect much

in the documentation we got the tipping is automatic. 4.50 is taken from your cashcard account everyday.

And where abouts do we get these patches from?

Rhi Kate

...!
HSC
Hey you have probably already answered this on one of the previous pages but i really couldn't be bothered to read them all sorry - how can under 18's drink on board and what should bwe all pack ( i stress abit when i pack for things lol)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
pungpui said:
a word of advice from someone whos been on over 15 cruises...incl pacific sky and pacific sun (when it was the Carnival Jubilee) if your prone to sea sickness (espeically since this is the South Pacific...far rougher than Mediterrenean or Caribbean):

- DONT take the pill...take the patch...pill makes u drousy and feel lousy...patch is invisible and doesnt have this side affect of the pill

- If you can, request a cabin as middle down the ship as possible, both in terms of not too far near the front or back...and to the top and bottom...a ship works like a pivot point, obviously as the ship rocks, the front and back are the most unstable which is a shit when your trying to sleep...also not too far up top coz it also is unstable...but if your too far down it gets very creeky and noisy from the ship being flexible...noisy creeking is a bitch to try and sleep...
the older the ship, the more creeky it is...

- use the cruise cash card...when they ask you to give credit card details and whatever for the cash card, dont assume 'oh i'll just use cash'...on the ship literally everything u need to pay for is on the cruise cash card account...most places dont accept cash and you'll be fucked wen u wanna drink

- tipping is usually a must but i guess for schoolies...i dont think they'll expect much

- room service is usually free 24/7 on most cruises...but i heard somewhere that P&O Australia has introduced charges...so dont take my word for it and check if you want it (if ur 2 sick to leave the room)

- go2 the pyjarma party...its fuckin hilarious!
does the patch work after youve already been sea sick or do u have to put it on before you get sick for it to work?

pungpui

HSC
on Star Princess earlier this yr, I went wit my family (4 ppl) for 14 nights round Aust and New Zealand...P&O is the parent company of Princess Cruises (Star Princess), and they charged automatic $US10 a day per passenger...$US10 X 4ppl X 14 nights = $US560...nearly $AUD1000 for tips!!!

What i found out was you can go to the purses desk and ask them to cancel the automatic charge on the afternoon you embark...should be able to...say that you wanna give tips yourself (bullshit!)...much better and saves you money for booze...

In regards to the patch, i hadnt actually heard of it till I was actually on a ship, and when i go cruising i only buy it onboard...cant b bothered on land...so im not sure if they sell it @ the chemist or anything...u can always ask...reminder...anything you buy from the ships medical facility is much more expensive on land and they dont have everything...dont buy medical stuff from south pacific island...too dodgy...avoid it.

The patch pretty much prevents you from getting sea sick, but if your already sea sick, it helps ease motion sickness...so put it on whenever...wat i did was not even bother bout em till i get sick...then buy em. In Caribbean its really calm...much bigger and newer ships there...didnt need it...but pacific sun size in the south pacific...u may need it!

Since its an Aust ship the legal age is 18...on a US based ship legal age is 21...so i dont have experience in trying to get into clubs coz i'm nowhere near 21...but apparantly if ur sneaky enuf...get a fake ID...lol...its not like there r bouncers there! Pyjarma Party is usually at the back on deck anyway...in a public space...on pacific sky theres a pool there, so they drain the water @ nite, plug it up with boards and it just becomes more floor space for partying!

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
pungpui said:
on Star Princess earlier this yr, I went wit my family (4 ppl) for 14 nights round Aust and New Zealand...P&O is the parent company of Princess Cruises (Star Princess), and they charged automatic $US10 a day per passenger...$US10 X 4ppl X 14 nights = $US560...nearly $AUD1000 for tips!!!

What i found out was you can go to the purses desk and ask them to cancel the automatic charge on the afternoon you embark...should be able to...say that you wanna give tips yourself (bullshit!)...much better and saves you money for booze...

In regards to the patch, i hadnt actually heard of it till I was actually on a ship, and when i go cruising i only buy it onboard...cant b bothered on land...so im not sure if they sell it @ the chemist or anything...u can always ask...reminder...anything you buy from the ships medical facility is much more expensive on land and they dont have everything...dont buy medical stuff from south pacific island...too dodgy...avoid it.

The patch pretty much prevents you from getting sea sick, but if your already sea sick, it helps ease motion sickness...so put it on whenever...wat i did was not even bother bout em till i get sick...then buy em. In Caribbean its really calm...much bigger and newer ships there...didnt need it...but pacific sun size in the south pacific...u may need it!

Since its an Aust ship the legal age is 18...on a US based ship legal age is 21...so i dont have experience in trying to get into clubs coz i'm nowhere near 21...but apparantly if ur sneaky enuf...get a fake ID...lol...its not like there r bouncers there! Pyjarma Party is usually at the back on deck anyway...in a public space...on pacific sky theres a pool there, so they drain the water @ nite, plug it up with boards and it just becomes more floor space for partying!
oh dayem so u cant go for a midnight swim

Italia

HSC
SKA said:
nah i've only been on one other cruise and they drained all the pools at night....think cause its something to do with the law.......you'll notice during the day the pools don't look as calm as the brochures the water rocks around........i guess at night this is dangerous......expecially if eveyone is pissed

Italia

HSC
I've noticed the nightclub on Pacific Sun is way toooooo small for our cruise.......it caters for a lowsy 150 people, which is probly fine on normal cruise.......i can't see them fitting 1900 of us in that room........my guess is that they'll have it out on deck in the middle pool,,,,,,,,or if not at the back where the bar is inside and outside...........if it rains,,,,,i dunno,,,,,,

pungpui

HSC
SKA said:
not on pacific sky you cant...i assume pacific sun u cant as well...

c the number of pools plays a part and the size of the ship and its target market... for people who are young and wanna yahoo down the corridoors pissed, pools arent safe...bcoz there is no space and there arent enough attendants they close the pools...the south pacific is bloody freezing at nite anyway!

on Star Princess, there are 5 pools, 1 with retractable dome that is closed 24/7 and kept to good temp...and the target market is older grannies who sleep or watch the shows @ nite...there is so much deckspace and large bars anyway...so pools remain open. most people on Star Princess are retirees...and since we were cruising in Australian waters its got nothing to do with regulations...

when the ship rolls and rocks, your in for a rough ride in the pools...even looking at em makes u feel kinda sick...but still lots of fun...tad bit dangerous though...

Italia

HSC
?????????????????????????How much are people getting involved on theme nights,,,,, are people going all the way or are people not gunna get dressed up at all??????????????????????????

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Italia said:
?????????????????????????How much are people getting involved on theme nights,,,,, are people going all the way or are people not gunna get dressed up at all??????????????????????????
ppl get heaps involved.. their usually drunk as! \

you will be suprised on the cross dress night... you'll be suprised that guys actually enjoy wearin chicks clothes, n havin their make up done by chiks! they love it!! admit it guys!

look:

Italia

HSC
i dunno about the gender bender night,,,,,,i can't c myself in chicks clothing,,,,then agian if i'm off my face who nos.......but i'm glade that people get involved with the theme nights as i will be.......i have the ultimate outfit for super hero night (pray to god they have tht night)....if not it is also suited for frieght night, but not aswell......tell u once we get back as i don't want anyone dressed the same

Italia

HSC
with the theme nights do u wear the outfit to dinner or after????????

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Italia said:
i dunno about the gender bender night,,,,,,i can't c myself in chicks clothing,,,,then agian if i'm off my face who nos.......but i'm glade that people get involved with the theme nights as i will be.......i have the ultimate outfit for super hero night (pray to god they have tht night)....if not it is also suited for frieght night, but not aswell......tell u once we get back as i don't want anyone dressed the same
we didnt have a super hero night last yr?

umm some ppl wore their outfits to dinner, depends if u have ur dinner at 6 or 8... if at 8, then dress to dinner...

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Rhi Kate said:
Hey you have probably already answered this on one of the previous pages but i really couldn't be bothered to read them all sorry - how can under 18's drink on board and what should bwe all pack ( i stress abit when i pack for things lol)
scratch off the 'M' on your cruise card which stands for minor. That way when security check ur card, they can't tell u're underage. Get ur mates to buy ur drinks on their card and pay them back.

Italia

HSC
Agnes2810 said:
we didnt have a super hero night last yr?

umm some ppl wore their outfits to dinner, depends if u have ur dinner at 6 or 8... if at 8, then dress to dinner...
P&O are introducing two new theme nights on pacific sun ,,,,these being super hero night and pirate night......so u wouldn't have........also my dinner is at 8 so i'll probly dress before.....i'll just c wht evey1 else is doing

Italia

HSC
Exactly One Week Till The First Cruise And 16 Days Till The Second Cruise...paradise Is So Close

Italia

HSC
with the formal nights ........ is a jacket nessassary or is a shirt fine

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
Italia said:
P&O are introducing two new theme nights on pacific sun ,,,,these being super hero night and pirate night......so u wouldn't have........also my dinner is at 8 so i'll probly dress before.....i'll just c wht evey1 else is doing
dont u find out the itinery with all the theme nights before you go?

Italia

HSC
SKA said:
dont u find out the itinery with all the theme nights before you go?
yes.....but its up to u.........i rang p&o to c wht theme nights would be on my cruise and they said they don't no the exact ones untill a couple of days before the cruise departs (which is a great ),,, anyways they said i have to call back and ask ....... so i'll be doing tht......if super hero night isn't on,,,,,,i'll wanna no why...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)