• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

'P' plate laws wreck the designated driver system? (1 Viewer)

HSC
brain esploshun

in not onto my greens yet and im probably the best driver in the world...maybe jenson button is better idk its pretty close

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Get fucked its your fault for waiting ages to get your p's then u wanker. i dont give a fuck if ur 20 its not just about being mature, its about having enough experience to drive when there are other people in the car at night. i dont think the rta gave a shit about designated drivers because they wanted to get red p retards like yourself to stop driving at night when ur too inexperienced to be able to drive with a carload of people. being older than everyone else doesnt make u automatically a better driver than anyone that is younger than u and that is what is wrong with half the dickheads on the road who think they can intimidate younger l and p plated drivers. FFS just deal with it like the rest of us had to pay for a cab loser.
I fail to see how including other people in a car, at night, requires more experience than driving regularly.

It's 100% about maturity. Lads have accidents because they like to show of to their mates and act in an aggressive way. Or they let themselves get distracted by their mates. These are things that are strongly dependant upon age.

Older drivers as a population, would generally make better judgements, and be less easily affected by peer pressure and aggression than teenagers, though obviously there's large individual variation within these populations.

HSC
some chick at uni the other week crashed and she was doing ~170km/h lol on a road that i wouldnt do 120 on in my gti (which handles quite a lot better than most things on the roads) lol it still boggles my mind at why you would do that. the roads speed limit is 70 lol. windy in narrow with trees either side and no run off. i cant get my head around wtf she thought she was doing??

completely unrelated to this thread

very confused though

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Driving late at night is heaps easier than driving at any other time , with the obvious exception of fri/sat night, driving in town.

Driving home from work at 9am I get gridlock and stopped at lights, and have to merge lanes of traffic and stuff.

In contrast to driving to work at 3am, when I usually never see another single car, never get stopped at a single light. I can rip across town no stress, where I'm constantly tense and having to react to hazards during the day.

It's only when people start getting silly (which is a matter of maturity) that things will go wrong. I think the night has a strong emotional effect upon people, it tends to make people more manic and bold, not to mention they haven't had a good sleep. Judgement is impaired under the cover of darkness.

HSC
Driving late at night is heaps easier than driving at any other time , with the obvious exception of fri/sat night, driving in town.

Driving home from work at 9am I get gridlock and stopped at lights, and have to merge lanes of traffic and stuff.

In contrast to driving to work at 3am, when I usually never see another single car, never get stopped at a single light. I can rip across town no stress, where I'm constantly tense and having to react to hazards during the day.

It's only when people start getting silly (which is a matter of maturity) that things will go wrong. I think the night has a strong emotional effect upon people, it tends to make people more manic and bold, not to mention they haven't had a good sleep. Judgement is impaired under the cover of darkness.
Not to mention depth perception and hazard perception are impaired when its dark. Much harder to know there is a hazard (pothole, gravel on road, roo) up ahead when its dark. Also i find if im on a road i dont know, sometimes i can barely make out corners etc (easy when doing 90-100km/h on country roads - some roads dont even have guide posts).

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Not to mention depth perception and hazard perception are impaired when its dark. Much harder to know there is a hazard (pothole, gravel on road, roo) up ahead when its dark. Also i find if im on a road i dont know, sometimes i can barely make out corners etc (easy when doing 90-100km/h on country roads - some roads dont even have guide posts).
Like the Newell Highway between West Wyalong and Forbes. That cunted road fucks me up so hard. No signs to indicate there is a massive bend coming up, no overtaking lanes for 100km and it's one of the main highways between Melbourne - Brisbane.

I shit my pants often when driving home from Wagga and it's 6-7 pm, dark, and you see a set of B Dub headlights coming straight at you, only to realise they're on the corner and holy shit there is a corner coming up lol wtf dead :(

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
some chick at uni the other week crashed and she was doing ~170km/h lol on a road that i wouldnt do 120 on in my gti (which handles quite a lot better than most things on the roads) lol it still boggles my mind at why you would do that. the roads speed limit is 70 lol. windy in narrow with trees either side and no run off. i cant get my head around wtf she thought she was doing??

completely unrelated to this thread

very confused though
Was this at Wagga or your shit uni.

I've seen people hammering it up the road at Wagga which is 40km/h only to be butt fucked by the suprise speed humps they've got everywhere

HSC
csu

lol on the pine ridge road or whatever it is. back road to siberia off the old narrandera road, only retards go the front way

its like 70km/h and 6m seal with trees both sides and windy lol sif do 170 up it. my car wouldnt even go to 170 before that corner

HSC
Like the Newell Highway between West Wyalong and Forbes. That cunted road fucks me up so hard. No signs to indicate there is a massive bend coming up, no overtaking lanes for 100km and it's one of the main highways between Melbourne - Brisbane.

I shit my pants often when driving home from Wagga and it's 6-7 pm, dark, and you see a set of B Dub headlights coming straight at you, only to realise they're on the corner and holy shit there is a corner coming up lol wtf dead :(
incidently the newell highway between here and forbes is one of the most dangerous stretches of roads in rural australia

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
csu

lol on the pine ridge road or whatever it is. back road to siberia off the old narrandera road, only retards go the front way

its like 70km/h and 6m seal with trees both sides and windy lol sif do 170 up it. my car wouldnt even go to 170 before that corner
Sum P plate chicks here were going around the round about the wrong way the other night, round and round. Then the cops chased them.

Then they crashed at 150 on the highway to Forbes.

Tards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)