• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

P-Plate Restrictions (2 Viewers)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Captain Obvious said:
The ALP, like all political parties, respond only to the media. We may be right, but so long as the media is not on our side, we have no hope of getting anything realistic to happen.

Currently the nit-wits are screaming about how P-platers need more restrictions. This is because the large majority of people are not p-platers. Australians like to grip their hands around the throat of certain "groups" because they always have to worry about *something*, instead of just shutting the fuck up and jumping off a cliff. Of course the roads minister is going to implement laws, because he wants to be seen as answering the electorate. This is exactly why American judges and police are shit. Because they are elected, they always have to answer to the public, and when you have a public who are shit, then it makes things bad.
First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

good summary of the Australian attitude, all full license drivers are jumping on the bandwagon in 'outrage' because they are not young drivers.
Young drivers today represent a much smaller percentage of road fatalities than they did 30 years a ago, not only that but compared to young drink driving 30 years ago we are angels.... mainly because currently we are the age group which drink drives[or atleast gets caught drink driving] the least. We are the only age group to seriously pick up on the designated driver campaign. We are also the group who are most aware of road rules [second place are 25-40, last place is the elderly].

Compared to when our parents were kids, we are the safest generation on the road this country has ever seen.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Serius said:
First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

good summary of the Australian attitude, all full license drivers are jumping on the bandwagon in 'outrage' because they are not young drivers.
Young drivers today represent a much smaller percentage of road fatalities than they did 30 years a ago, not only that but compared to young drink driving 30 years ago we are angels.... mainly because currently we are the age group which drink drives[or atleast gets caught drink driving] the least. We are the only age group to seriously pick up on the designated driver campaign. We are also the group who are most aware of road rules [second place are 25-40, last place is the elderly].

Compared to when our parents were kids, we are the safest generation on the road this country has ever seen.
Gud points there mate.

One thing though that needs to be addressed is the fact the driver their parents involved in the accident dont accept it was their fault for accident - rather they are quick to point out the it was the RTA, or the government or someone elses fault. They say after each accident that the laws regarding to P-platers need to be changed? and thereby blaming the laws for the accident rather than accepting it was their fault in the first place. And maybe their son or parent should taken more care on who was driving and under what conditions they were driving.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
not to mention that allmost all of the accidents lately were just that... accidents. Not something that could have been easily prevented, like maybe driver inexperience was a factor but most likely even if an experienced driver was behind the wheel the outcome would have been the same.

How are new laws supposed to counteract driver inexperience anyway? its just a part of life that we arent as good at things when we start off, the only way to get more experienced is to drive more, and a giant coloured P stuck to your car isnt the best indication of that.

dilroy

HSC
There was a motorcycle driver who had just crash near our house today. The boofhead was speeding as usual, you could hear the peabrain load up his fully sick engine from miles away, his been doing this for many months annoying the residents who live around here.
Luckily today, he collided into the back of a BMW and he flew at least 20 metres, the residents around here are very happy about this. My neighbour, an old man said "Well we won't be hearing from him again", we had a good laugh. Unfortunately, we don't know if this doofus is dead or not, but we do hope he is as good as dead... I mean if he is dead the government wouldn't have to spend any compensation on this idiot. Knowing as how these people have a brain span of 20 seconds he was probably trying to be superman at that moment.

But most importantly the BMW was damaged... I hope she has good insurance.

Note: I didn't mention any races... however I live in the Berala/Auburn (Western Sydney) area, go figure ;P

Scanorama

HSC
dilroy said:
There was a motorcycle driver who had just crash near our house today. The boofhead was speeding as usual, you could hear the peabrain load up his fully sick engine from miles away, his been doing this for many months annoying the residents who live around here.
Luckily today, he collided into the back of a BMW and he flew at least 20 metres, the residents around here are very happy about this. My neighbour, an old man said "Well we won't be hearing from him again", we had a good laugh. Unfortunately, we don't know if this doofus is dead or not, but we do hope he is as good as dead... I mean if he is dead the government wouldn't have to spend any compensation on this idiot. Knowing as how these people have a brain span of 20 seconds he was probably trying to be superman at that moment.

But most importantly the BMW was damaged... I hope she has good insurance.

Note: I didn't mention any races... however I live in the Berala/Auburn (Western Sydney) area, go figure ;P
Are you implying certain races attract more accidents? This sort of things happen everywhere with every race. You smart ass, ignorant idiot.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
breaking said:
i wouldn't be surprised if they did..
No i dont think so, its not the race its the attitude. Lebs tend to take those fully beefed of Lancers, Skylines etc. That just how they were brought up -they bro and cousins etc were all into it. Doesnt mean they 'attract accidents' - just the mentality.

But Aussies are in the same boat - they try to copy these lebs (arent guite gud at it unfortunately) - again adding to that type of mentality.

But most accidents harldy involve any of these guys - if they do they are minor accidents a few dents here and there. Just drive trhough Auburn you will notice a lot cars with dents - but still driving.

But if you see these fatal crashes- most of the time they are aussies trying to copy these lebs and stuff on the movies.

pete_mate

HSC
katie_tully said:
So the other day the Daily Telegraph published a letter I wrote regarding the current issue.
The damn tools did several things which I am quite angry about. They dumbed down the wording and PARAPHRASED certain parts of the letter.

I basically said that the last few accidents regarding P platers were due to reckless behaviour by the drivers which is not indicative of the way the P platers conduct themselves.
Instead it was edited to say that I was sorry for the parents?

Anyway, if you're a tool you're going to be a tool regardless of what restrictions they impose.
bahaha, thats what happens when you read/write to the telegraph. what a shit paper. you can read on wikipedia that its marketed to the lower educated/blue collar section of society.

there's always some headline in massive bold capital letters. A font justified if world war 3 broke out. It covers 80% of the page, yet its often about a celebrity, a sporting event or some personal interest story.

K

katie_tully

there's always some headline in massive bold capital letters.
Like when they so eloquently plastered 'Belinda Emmett Dead at 32' across the front page...

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
Currently i am all for p plate restrictions. All p platers who are are successful in getting their pro 1 license should have a minimum of at least 3 months with no one else in the car (family excluded) this will remove any rash ideas that their punk arse friends have, trust me you get sick n tired of lifting pieces of 17yr olds of roads n having to talk to their parents why they were seriously injured or killed

w00dy.

HSC
William_Lawry said:
...trust me you get sick n tired of lifting pieces of 17yr olds of roads n having to talk to their parents why they were seriously injured or killed
... and then having to witness your close friends and family grieve over the ones that they loved the most.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
No i dont think so, its not the race its the attitude. Lebs tend to take those fully beefed of Lancers, Skylines etc. That just how they were brought up -they bro and cousins etc were all into it. Doesnt mean they 'attract accidents' - just the mentality.

But Aussies are in the same boat - they try to copy these lebs (arent guite gud at it unfortunately) - again adding to that type of mentality.

But most accidents harldy involve any of these guys - if they do they are minor accidents a few dents here and there. Just drive trhough Auburn you will notice a lot cars with dents - but still driving.

But if you see these fatal crashes- most of the time they are aussies trying to copy these lebs and stuff on the movies.
Quoted for total ignorance.

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
here's a solution!! how about we just change the p plate scheme back to the way it was! one year on your p's!! then all we would have is young people dying!!
i am clearly surprised at the amount of p platers who drink drive, last night i went to 3 MVAs and to my surprise 2 were p platers both pissed!!!
reality check p platers arnt superheroes

HotShot

-_-
HSC
dagwoman said:
Quoted for total ignorance.
.........ok...........

show me one fatality involving a P-plate leb?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I was referring more to the first two paragraphs in your post, rather than the statistics on crashes. The last line is something special also, though.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
dagwoman said:
I was referring more to the first two paragraphs in your post, rather than the statistics on crashes. The last line is something special also, though.
Perhaps ur ignorant?

Pilgrim

HSC
I rekon if you took away p plates having to be displayed, there would be less racing or fucked up behaviour between p platers, because i swear to god people are cunts to me on the road simply because im on my p's.

This bitch today with green p's wouldnt let me merge over into the main lane when it was obviously my way. The traffic was at a slow roll so it was obvious i had the right of way.

lets just say i got revenge.

anyway also cunts in p's try to race me all the time. plus cops cant pick on you either.

its all good.

HSC
i agree with the no p-plates idea .. in the short time i had my p's in nsw and had to wear plates, people tailgated me and honked and did all kinds of stupid shit just because i had red p's on my car. in the year or so since i moved up here and haven't had to display them, i've seriously had less people being wankers on the road to me than in the few weeks i did in nsw.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
i honestly think that the 0 demerits idea for red Ps would save lives, because it would mean that it would be a year where young drivers would literally be forced to drive responsibly, and it would instill good driving habits later on.

it's not necessarily the fairest system to P platers, but the whole point is to lower Australia's horrific road toll - and the proportion of young drivers in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)