P Plater demerit points. (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
Darnie said:
So i got done for speeding, yes. i was wondering, how many points do i have? like, if i go get done speeding again and lose more points, will i lose it for longer? do i have any points left? Will it have any affect on getting insurance now i've lost my licence? Or on getting my greens? any other implications?
i was doing 124 in a 100 zone, but got booked for over 15 but not over 30 km over the speed limit. $238 fine.
thanks.
You will lose your licence 2 times.
After this suspension is over as you were doing 34km/h over the P Plate speed limit also.
They do not forget this.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
michael1990 said:
You will lose your licence 2 times.
After this suspension is over as you were doing 34km/h over the P Plate speed limit also.
They do not forget this.
I'm fairly sure they can't penalise you twice for one offence.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
I'm fairly sure they can't penalise you twice for one offence.
I thought that too, until i recieved another letter telling me i would lose my licence again for going over the P Plate speed limit.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
michael1990 said:
I thought that too, until i recieved another letter telling me i would lose my licence again for going over the P Plate speed limit.
Suck a fat cock. They really can't.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Suck a fat cock. They really can't.
LOL

I have the letter here.

I was doing 96km/h in a 60 zone on double demerits.
Lost my licence for 6 months, then got a letter when i got my licence back stating i would lose it for another 3 months due to speeds in excess of P Plate speed limit.

So, they can. And do.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
michael1990 said:
LOL

I have the letter here.

I was doing 96km/h in a 60 zone on double demerits.
Lost my licence for 6 months, then got a letter when i got my licence back stating i would lose it for another 3 months due to speeds in excess of P Plate speed limit.

So, they can. And do.
I'd say you lost your license twice cos you took a 6 demerit hit. Theres no special law regarding the 90 limit, you're just meant to observe it when the posted speed limit is higher.

Have fun getting pushed around.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
I'd say you lost your license twice cos you took a 6 demerit hit. Theres no special law regarding the 90 limit, you're just meant to observe it when the posted speed limit is higher.

Have fun getting pushed around.
Really?

Do you have a source?
If this is true, i would like to investigate further.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
michael1990 said:
Really?

Do you have a source?
Yeah pretty sure thats right, the p plate speeding limits is just an upper deck, if the speed limit is 80 and you go 100 you are just "20km over", not "20km AND 10km for the p plates".

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
michael1990 said:
Really?

Do you have a source?
Yeah, look up the rta site. The condition is you observe the posted limit OR 90, whichever is lower. In the event of a higher limit you have to abide by a 90, and thats the only speed limit you can break.

But in your situation I'm gonna take a punt at it being cos you lost 6 demerits when you only have 4.

michael1990

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Yeah, look up the rta site. The condition is you observe the posted limit OR 90, whichever is lower. In the event of a higher limit you have to abide by a 90, and thats the only speed limit you can break.

But in your situation I'm gonna take a punt at it being cos you lost 6 demerits when you only have 4.
But i thought it would be included?
Like when i lost my licence for 6 months, it was because of the double demerits?
I could be wrong, but then why would i lose my licence for 6 months and lose it again for another 3 months. Not sure. Will ring the RTA, what do you think?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
You're a faggot end of story. Also the cops around here must he good blokes cos my mate has been caught twice 15km over the limit and was let off the first time and 2nd time was a fine and 3 points.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
staticsiscool said:
You're a faggot end of story. Also the cops around here must he good blokes cos my mate has been caught twice 15km over the limit and was let off the first time and 2nd time was a fine and 3 points.
He must give an expert blowjob.

vh308

HSC
I got done going 99 in a 70 zone, with no p-plates during double demereits. am i correct in understanding the no p's is just a fine, but the speeding is a loss of 6 points. is that a 3 or 6 month suspension?

dtmur

HSC
no p plates is 2 points and $189
speeding is generally automatic loss
red light camera is 3 and $380
prohib vehicle is 6 points and $320

i lost 12 points and only lost it for 3 months
and the day befor i lost i got another fine for no p plates
so when i get them back i only have 2 points left

mark899

HSC
hey Guys,

if i loose 4 points on red p's but dont pay the fine until after i get my green p's do i still loose 4 points of my greens? Or do i still have 7 points on my greens?

The cop that got me for speeding told me that if i go get my greens then pay the fine i will be fine. But in the moment i forgot to ask him if i will still loose points or not.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)