P plater learning manual DOH (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
man,

i recently bought a manual car and get dad to teach me. it's goin alrite.
the only thing that pisses me off to the end of the world is wen u know ur driving is kinda shit especially wen u accidently stall and then these wankers behind u start shakin their heads and mouthing 'fuck'. This is wat i see in the rear mirror. Makes me wanna get out of the car and smack the bastard in the head of scrape his car.

i mean , if ur on ur L's it looks ok, but on ur green P's , should i tape a sign on the car sayin 'im learning manual, if ya dont like it, fuckk off'
srsly, Ive been drivin auto for like 5 years includn wen i started drivin on L's. Suddenly changing to manual is a bit of killler.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
This sort of thing is already being covered in the other thread.

DaddyK

Is out drifting
Behind the wheel Car: XB coupe - sideways
HSC
That person behind you, is me, PLEASE get the hell out of the way. If you don't know how to drive manual, go and learn on a back road or in a carpark or something. Everyone already drives slow enough without stallers on the road. Also yes this has been covered.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
DaddyK said:
That person behind you, is me, PLEASE get the hell out of the way. If you don't know how to drive manual, go and learn on a back road or in a carpark or something. Everyone already drives slow enough without stallers on the road. Also yes this has been covered.
That is exactly right. Even L platers have no business stalling on main roads and holding up traffic. Drive on back roads until you learn to shift properly.

And people do drive slow enough already. It's so ridiculous how slow some people drive for absolutely no reason at all.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
well...u dont have to shift till it reaches the red zone...
well, not practical unless ur awfully rich and can afford heaps of petrol...
hmms...yeah im gonna do manual on red p's after doing auto test lol

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That is exactly right. Even L platers have no business stalling on main roads and holding up traffic. Drive on back roads until you learn to shift properly.

And people do drive slow enough already. It's so ridiculous how slow some people drive for absolutely no reason at all.
MuffinMan said:
well...u dont have to shift till it reaches the red zone...
well, not practical unless ur awfully rich and can afford heaps of petrol...
hmms...yeah im gonna do manual on red p's after doing auto test lol
hahahahha...i did that today (shift at redline) because the car was shitting me...it's not good for it, but fuck it, it gets driven like a pussy everyday, about time it got its neck rung

Al Capone

HSC
if ur still stalling the car then u should get the fuck off the roads that have other cars on them
not only do u slow down traffic but u can roll back into another car if ur stationary on a hill and u dont hit the brake (hand or foot one) quick enough
geez

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DaddyK said:
Anyone who needs to use the handbrake in a hillstart isn't any good imo.
heyyyyyyyyy

i use the handbrake all the time at lights, like i could be fucked using my feet :rolleyes:

:p although, i think i know what you're talking about, just balance the clutch and throttle and you'll be right (if you know you're not going to be sitting there for 5-10 minutes in traffic)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Or you could use the foot-brake and then a little heel-toe manouever to pull away....

Sometimes though I use the handbrake for faster launches on slight hills as it means that the slight delay of moving my foot from brake to throttle can be eliminated however I avoid the clutch damage associted with holding a vehicle at the friction point.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
you could...but even on flat ground at lights (local ones that i know take forever to change) i'll use the handbrake, auto or manual doesnt matter. It's a bad habit picked up from my dad, and well...it's easier

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Al Capone said:
if ur still stalling the car then u should get the fuck off the roads that have other cars on them
not only do u slow down traffic but u can roll back into another car if ur stationary on a hill and u dont hit the brake (hand or foot one) quick enough
geez
if u were the fucken motherfucker behind me, id get out of the car and pump a few shotgun shells in ur dumbass head! then i use the 4 wheel drive bumper n run ur car over as it rolls down the hill. and spill ur guts on the asphalt and show off to the police.. >.<

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:

dumbass,
i drive slow cause i cant be bothered anymore...if u drive fast, eventually u gotta slow down and stop at some stupid traffic light / jam. sometimes i piss those monaro's off drivin at like 30kph in a 80 zone and then about 3 km down the road, im ahead of them waiting at the lights...

driving fast , just cant be fucked! its also a waste of fuel to accerlatte then slow down immediately

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
so stalling 10 times during a 2 hr drive is alot??? damn it.

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC
I stall a fair bit whenever I go driving without shoes and forget to move my seat forward.

And it's definetly a good idea to use the handbrake for hillstarts. Otherwise you're putting unneccesary wear on your clutch. It's especially a good habit to have in the wet otherwise you'll set there spinning away on the spot if you have a decent powered car.

Al Capone

HSC
Vangineer said:
if u were the fucken motherfucker behind me, id get out of the car and pump a few shotgun shells in ur dumbass head! then i use the 4 wheel drive bumper n run ur car over as it rolls down the hill. and spill ur guts on the asphalt and show off to the police.. >.<
i have to stop a fair bit behind other cars at lights n stop signs because i gotta watch out for you little punks who roll backwards after stalling their cars. at least i dont have road rage. i have patience so i dont mind if u stall the car. but if you little fucks roll back ur shitbox 4WDs n hatchbacks into my expensive car i'd fucken hit u no doubt
now, fuck off

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
In my opinion no one should be venturing beyond car parks and empty back roads until they can:

Change gear
Pull away with out stalling
Emergency brake
Hill start
Indicate

Oh and Vangineer driving along at say 40 in an 80 zone does not save petrol/money.

It doubles the cost to you in terms of time taken and in general cars are more efficient (eg use less petrol per km) once you're over about 70.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)