• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

P plater learning manual DOH (1 Viewer)

kartman

HSC
loquasagacious said:
and in general cars are more efficient (eg use less petrol per km) once you're over about 70.
LOL. Never did high school physics did we? Air resistance is proportional to v^2....

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
kartman said:
LOL. Never did high school physics did we? Air resistance is proportional to v^2....
aerospace engineering eh? :rolleyes:

i think you should live in this area (cars and automobiles) :uhhuh:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I did physics in high school. Have you never driven a car?

Because of gearing a car toodling around in 3rd gear at 3500rpm doing 40km is going to use more petrol than one driving in 5th at 1500rpm doing 80.

Then there's the stop start argument based on cars using more petrol accelerating and decelerating than driving at a constant speed. The argument runs that by driving slower you avoid as much slowing and accelerating and thus save petrol.

However interestingly enough this is not the case because traffic lights are actually synced with the speed limit so by driving much slower than the limit it is actually likely that you will end up stopping and starting more. Thus using more petrol.

Oh yeah and to top it all off you will actually be commiting a crime by obstructing traffic.

So there are some extra reasons not to drive slowly in front of me that go on top of the annoying the hell out of me and risking being on the ugly end of the road rage of some more irate drivers.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
um this is with an auto crap car...we got 3 cars, i bought a manual civic recently but only drive it around wen dad's with me, cause im still shit...i drive the auto car around atm, cause accidntely stalling 30 times from castle hill to bankstown, is prolly bad and have them wogs come beat u up if u stall.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
mate, this is a forum, and im yeah im like in yr 6 with P plates, not bad eh, RTA gave me an exception, cause i paid then 10 grand

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
If you're still stalling heaps then yeah go back to the back streets til you get the hang of it...however if it's only once or twice during a trip then it would be understandable... I remember stalling in heavy traffic once and it was at these really shit lights that stay green for about 2 seconds, i felt bad for the people behind me :(

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
for ten grand, i'll hire an assassin to rape u and then shoot u in de head

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)