P1 Driver Speeding 8-9 Kms??????? (1 Viewer)

Lordsion

HSC
P1 driver speed limit = 90, i saw a police officer on a 110 Highway tap me whilst i think i was around 98 KMS.

What will happen????? i hear a loss of license for three months? Any experience by other people who have been in this situation???

In was such an accident, anything BUT loss of license i don't care about fines and points!!!!

urailes0623

HSC
it depends on the police and how many points u have lost worse case loss of lince for 3 months best case 3 points and a fine

2700wrms

HSC
If the officer has official evidence of you going 98, then you have no choice but to hand over your liscence for 3 months, because a speeding fine will only be 3 points and 80 bucks, but in your case you have 4 points, but its a speeding fine on your P1 licence so its automatically lost.

If the officer made up a speed and you agreed to his terms when he spoke to you then your a sucker, always deny you were speeding because 9 times out of 10 they are pulling your leg, and making you bow down to them, because they have to have you recorded at a certain speed for over 3 seconds, most times the police will use guestimates, but always act in denial and respectful to the police and you'll get off.

A lesson well learnt I dare say.

N

NeoSanity

If you ask me they need to get rid of the bullshit speed limits for Probationary drivers.. all it does is create hassle for everyone. The only place people are going to go over 90 are highways obviously which are designed for people to go 100-110. Hoons will be hoons, imposing speed limits is just giving them incentive to speed because they get a thrill out of going over the limit.

8ks over the limit is grounds for a dispute. It's easy to go over by that much. On highways it would be much safer if everyone travelled at the same speed instead of people going slower and holding up traffic causing arguments.I'm on P1's and when on highways always go at 100 and if i feel comfortable to 110.

Helps that i have a radar detector.. picks up police handheld radars and fixed.. :p.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
I dont even understand what you are saying?

You got done by the highway patrol?

They tell you what will happen.

Jake22

HSC
8ks over the limit is easy to dispute???? speeding is speeding, they usually give you a 3 maybe 4 km leeway (depending on the speed limit you're exceeding). Although remember most (if not all) car's speedos are out by a few kilometers. It could be that you were really travelling 92 when your speedo said 98... or you could have been doing 101 when your speedo said 98, either way if he caught you speeding its strict liability, so whether you meant to or not, you did it and you're subject to punishment (if the coppa decides to go through with it that is)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Speedos are only required in Australia to be accurate to 10% at 100 km/h, you haven't been clear about what actually transpired but I'd challenege it and just say you read 90 the whole time.

Pace_T

HSC
hope you get booked you dirty rotten p1 driver.
all L platers and p1 drivers suckkkkkkkkkkk so bad

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Speedos are only required in Australia to be accurate to 10% at 100 km/h, you haven't been clear about what actually transpired but I'd challenege it and just say you read 90 the whole time.
That defence rarely works.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
If you ask me they need to get rid of the bullshit speed limits for Probationary drivers.. all it does is create hassle for everyone. The only place people are going to go over 90 are highways obviously which are designed for people to go 100-110. Hoons will be hoons, imposing speed limits is just giving them incentive to speed because they get a thrill out of going over the limit.

8ks over the limit is grounds for a dispute. It's easy to go over by that much. On highways it would be much safer if everyone travelled at the same speed instead of people going slower and holding up traffic causing arguments.I'm on P1's and when on highways always go at 100 and if i feel comfortable to 110.

Helps that i have a radar detector.. picks up police handheld radars and fixed.. :p.
Lucky we didn't ask you then.

You know nothing of life yet.

Lordsion

HSC
OK this is what happened:

I was driving and he just zapped me whilst i was in the car and he did nothing. Just stood there. I continued on feeling freaked out and he never looked back or anything, he just looked at his gun, stood there for 5 seconds and then looked back up at the incoming traffic.

It has been like 3 days and nothing has happened .... yet.

If its a lose of license then how will they cut my license in half via mail???

Lordsion

HSC
How long till I find out????????????? i was told three weeks till I get a letter in the mail. Its been 4 days.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
they don't cut your license. they'll just send you a notice telling you that you're not allowed to drive from X date to Y date.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Lucky we didn't ask you then.

You know nothing of life yet.
He's right on the first point though. Lower speed limits for provisional drivers are bullshit.

Do you know what it feels like to be on a tiny 130kg motorcycle, doing 80km/h, with traffic constantly rushing up behind you at 110km/h?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
He's right on the first point though. Lower speed limits for provisional drivers are bullshit.

Do you know what it feels like to be on a tiny 130kg motorcycle, doing 80km/h, with traffic constantly rushing up behind you at 110km/h?
you drive a motornike? what type?

fucking <3 bikes.

please don't tell me you ride a postie bike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)