P1 Silverwater RTA test (1 Viewer)

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Hey guys.

so i'm going for my Ps test next month.

i'd say i'm a pretty confident driver.

i took 6 hours of lessons from a driving school, and in the second hour I was already parallel parking.

im concerned as my test was booked during school hours, so i'd have to be very villigant with driving under 40 in school zones.

perhaps those of you who took the Ps test at silverwater can enlighten me.
perhaps a few tips?

i know that they make you take the motorway, which i am confident with.

i was told by my driving instructor that they only test you on either a 3 point turn, or a parallel park, and that they no longer test you on the 90 degree angle park.
is this true?

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
I am getting fucking sick of these threads

You obviously arent as confident as you suggest if you need to ask these questions. IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE YOU TAKE THE TEST they test the same thing everywhere.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
it doesnt matter because you should be competent at everything before you attempt your Ps so why does it matter what the content of your particular test is

boganxcore

HSC
yes it is either a parallel park or a 3point turn, no 90 degree angle park

boganxcore

HSC
that is true

althought i havent done a parallel park in like 2 years, tried a couple of weeks back and FAILED

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
Ls test isnt standardised okay they can ask u any 50 out of 500 questions!~

you could get completely different questions to someone else how unfair!!

cs01001

HSC
They can take you to Auburn pass the railway station, Olympic Park, some parts of Granville or Ermington

If you get the guy that looks lke Glen stevens, his name is Chris btw, you're in luck! Twice he took me on teh same route to Ermington, right turn at McDonald to go in the side streets and get you to do all parks and come back again.

Tips for Silverwater test:

- Watch out when going downhill on that 80 km/h motorway towards the RTA, cars come down really fast and just look for a safe gap before merging. I panicked because when I was merging, some guy was tailgating my car so close so I pressed the accelerator and went over 85km/h and failed lol

- Take it nice and steady during school hours, speed varies quite a bit 40 km to 70km in a few hundred meters, so really adjust your speed or they will fail you for driving too slow

- Watch out for teh stop sign outside of RTA

- Try to get the right lanes beforehand or changing it during school hours is a nightmare, some drivers are really unforgiving to L platers

-Try to sleep early the night before, so you can better concentrate on the road conditions. I guess thats what got me through the test.

Good luck and drive safely!

StephenM

HSC
Them darn school zones are a pain!
Don't forget to indicate off roundabouts!
Good Luck !:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)