• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Packing!!!! (2 Viewers)

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
OH!!! What you people wrote is the same thing I went thru last year!

I live in the bush and have a HUGE HUGE room, and then the one in Canberra I live in can't even fit a double bed LOL As I wasn't going to come home all the time, only in holidays i found it was stupid leaving stuff at home - so basically i took everything... I actually thru a lot of stuff out i didnt need -

My advice is take most things; and put them in your room and have your parents take home things you dont need or wont fit etc.

Hope it goes well for everyone - i dont live on campus; but i found the first 3 weeks "different", although after awhile it seems strange.

Are you ppl feeling emotional over the whole thing ? My mum was shocking LOL

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
My mum will be shocking I know... it's kinda emotional going through all of my stuff..... I've been throwing out stuff as I have been packing and things like that.

There are so many different things to take, I didn't realize how much I would want/need to take!!! It's crazy!!!

MoNNiE

HSC
jinkies.. i'm scared of moving out in a few years time now..!
i have so much junk

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
yeah, i've chucked out almost a trailor load of stuff from my room (mostly old schoolwork lol)

i can't wait until everything is sorted out!

Ribbon

My mum said shes going to miss me telling her what to do when I leave :)

She loves me :)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I'm paying with the money I have saved up. My parents have helped me out by paying for stuff I have needed to buy to move plus they will pay for transport and my mobile phone bill (I don't know if they realize that lol, it's still on their telstra bill!) . Plus I'm going to get a job in Sydney (well... hopefully!)

Ashleet

HSC
my parents are paying until i get a job - then they will pay 1/2. Also trying to get money from the government for rent assistance (doubt ill get it though) - i started packing as well today, i didnt realise how much crap i own :p

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I swear if I was moving out of home I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I would be lost in the world:D. Moving out wouldn't take long though, I have barely anything in my room:).

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
meretherond is about to start uni
read her siggy 'class of 2003'

hehe!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i dont know if tihs has already been suggested, or if it is supplied in the room, but a little garbage bin

Ashleet

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i dont know if tihs has already been suggested, or if it is supplied in the room, but a little garbage bin
good thinking - im going shopping tomorrow and i have such a huge list of things to buy, and im living in accomodation where most things are provided.

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
my rents gona cost $62 a week includin electricity etc , ina 8 bedroom flat. i went through my cupboards and stuf last week, threw away 7 garbage bags full!! lots of old newspapers (got 1 every day in yr 11 and seemed to still have them all) school shit, old clothes, basically just crap. now theres nothing under my bed or stuffed in my wardrobe :D

i think ive bought everything i need to take. its gona b squishy in the car the trip there!!

Ashleet

HSC
Originally posted by woohohoohoo
my rents gona cost $62 a week includin electricity etc , ina 8 bedroom flat. i went through my cupboards and stuf last week, threw away 7 garbage bags full!! lots of old newspapers (got 1 every day in yr 11 and seemed to still have them all) school shit, old clothes, basically just crap. now theres nothing under my bed or stuffed in my wardrobe :D

i think ive bought everything i need to take. its gona b squishy in the car the trip there!!

yeah thats one of the original apartment i applied for - but ive ended up in the lovely (and way too expensive) mary white.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I know what you mean about buying stuff!!!! I have bought tons lately!!!

Just today I bought a frying pan, can opener, pair of scissors, little chopping board, microvawable containers, spatula, some coathangers.... the list goes on and on and on!

woohohoohoo

captain oblivious
HSC
Originally posted by Ashleet
yeah thats one of the original apartment i applied for - but ive ended up in the lovely (and way too expensive) mary white.
you can always reapply semester 2 cant you? or is it nxt yr. anyways get in heaps early nxt time and you'll get in for sure! i stayed at mary white the nite after open day, it was pretty nice i liked it. better then the other collages, compared to the ones i saw anyway, coz theres bathrooms inbetween rooms (if they are all the same) and you dont gotta share with so many people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)