• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Packing!!!! (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
have a great time everyone!! i am sure you will love uni, and just because you have moved doesn't mean you have to stop coming on here. we want to know how you like sydney!
Originally posted by melbournian
its a college (http://www.standrewscollege.edu.au)....
that is too much like harry potter

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If that's all you can say there's no point continuing this.

John's > Andrew's

Besides, I thought you'd enjoy communal bathrooms? :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nobody cares about the sport. I was all for the quiet bit. YES, I was choosing colleges based on how well I could study in them!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Nah I'm not this year. I was thinking of it, but what's the point of going to John's and paying piles for the privilege of having to catch a bus to uni, when I could stay home, catch a 1 hour train and walk for two minutes? It's way cheaper, and I can work on the train.

Nah, I was hoping to get something at Sydney, and didn't. Well, Nursing, but Science is better. :)

ND

HSC
Can anyone that's finished tell me how long it took to pack? I can't imagine it'd take more than an hour ... Anyway i'm leaving tomorrow morning, but haven't started packing yet. (still gotta buy stuff, like mirror, bar fridge, knife, cutting board etc.)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
an hour? jeez!
well you are a guy i guess

even when i just go on holidays it takes longer than an hour to pack..

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
it took me much much much longer than i expected to pack all of my stuff up..around ~8 hours all up i think

ND

HSC
Wow that long? Damn. I don't think it'll take me as long cos i'm just gonna dump everything directly into the car. Except clothes of course, which i'm gonna just pack into 3 suitcases. I figure it'll take an hour cos when i go on holiday (long trips like a month or so) i take one full suitcase and that takes about 20mins to pack.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I've packed all my summer clothes - earlier this week. Doubt I'll be getting much use out of them. Anyway, it will probably take me at least an hr to pack - which I'll do Sat. night.

Got plates/bowl, coffee cup thus far, have 2 prescribed text books, need another 2. Will be buying a few other this this afternoon.

bex

HSC
mneh.. ive been packing since midday! i just get bored and walk away for a while and then come back to it! i used to think packing was so much fun but now... after ive done it about 4 times these hols and triple that in the past year... im sooooooooo over it!! and i hate to think of the unpacking that awaits me at the other end...

i fill a whole 4wd with stuff lol..

Ribbon

natstar I can't believe you needed a huge suitcase each for your tops and bottoms?!

I wish I had that many clothes seeing as though I can't just alternate between my school and work uniforms anymore!

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
wow.. i only have one pair of jeans..

i better make a visit to vinnies..

ND

HSC
I took 1.5 suitcases worth of clothes (i decided not to bring much winter stuff), then stuff like stereo, tv, fridge, dvd etc. And 5 pairs of shoes and some sandals/thongs, i never realised i had so much footwear. =/ I've gotta buy a fan, no air con...

And i forgot like all my my cds! I had them in disc wallets, and forgot to put them in the car... i guess i'll get someone to send them down ...

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
i'm leavin' this Friday, but the laptop i've ordered hasn't been delivered yet... :( hopefully it will come very soon! (lol, so i can set it up and learn how it works!)

haven't got a fridge, and probably won't bother getting one, at least not yet...

arghh... don't know how i'm gonna fit all my stuff in the car! and it's like, a 10hr trip down there... oh well. :rolleyes:

Ribbon

Your only leaving this friday? I got here the thursday before last, and o week and the first day of classes has passed since then...

I bought:
Computer
Computer desk (big L shaped thing which very needed to be deconstrcuted to fit on the trailer)
Queen bed
blankets/towels
clothes (I am too pov to have suitcases so I just crammed most stuff into a big w/e kindof bag and the rest into boxes... I discovered you can fold your hanging clothes while thier still on the hangers... which makes them alot easier to unpack!)
a few boxes worth of books
a box of stationary
a box of relevant school stuff
small bookcase
two boxes worth of shoes
a box of decoratives (ie photos, ornaments ect.)
a box full of networking cables + hub
a rabbit cage + stuff like water bottle ect.
and a box with a bunny rabbit in it :D

It was a challange fitting it all in the car and on the trailer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)