Pages written (1 Viewer)

xxJTxx

HSC
Just curious on the number of pages written by EE1'ers...I know that the number is NOT indicative of quality, especially at extension level, so don't feel bad if you didn't write heaps and heaps, like i'm sure some people here did.

Also take into account that some us write massive, and some people just love to ramble :)

According to the marking notes, students usually write between 8-12 pages, but I think it was the 2005 notes that said it isn't unusual for students to use three or more books...and still appear as though they didn't "run out of time"...lol that's what my driving force was today!

So post (there is a poll for those lazy people) like this:

Module: Genre
Elective: Revenge Tragedy! THE TRAGEDY OF BLOOD WOO!@!!
Pages For Essay: 17
Pages for Creative: 12
Total: 29

Yay!

EDIT: You can only add a poll to a thread within 2 minutes of posting the thread. WHY ISN'T IT WORKING!?!? I gave up. couldn't get the stupid thing to post, it kept saying that two minutes rubbish...it had clearly been LONGER than two minutes.

Last edited:

Magicana

HSC
Module - Genre
Elective - Speculative Fiction
Essay - 13.5 pages - Was running a little over time for it.
Creative - 6.5 - Was a left field stimulus, had to make something up on the spot. Wasn't too bad.
Total - 20 pages.

starrysky

HSC
Elective: Speculative Fiction
Pages For Essay: 11
Pages for Creative: 9
Total: 20

collide

HSC
i used 3 booklets for the essay but my writing went from normal to massive.. and by massive i mean like about 4 words per line ROFL! well it's just what happens to me when i rush. realistically, it would have been about 2 booklets i recon. oh yeah and i went way over time. 1hr 20mins! :|

creative writing.. didn't rush as much.. except towards the end - 11 pages

ballin

Banned
HSC
for individual and society...

essay; 22 pages, haha was so happy with this managed to get my whole 2300 word essay + links to Q down

creative; 12 pages... 12 pages of pure suck. :(

emilymcs

HSC
Crime Fiction.

16 pages for both. Had 20 minutes to go at the end because I rushed, but it gave me a chance to read through what I had written. :)

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
ballin said:
creative; 12 pages... 12 pages of pure suck. :(
I HEAR YOU!

I&S: not quite sure but i think

10-11 pages for essay (1750 words)

and ballin, 12 pages of pure suck seems better then 9 pages of pure suck to the power of bullshit

ballin

Banned
HSC
haha. yay someone else did shit too :D but yes i always feel like i suck during creative because i wing it ... i mean after all its creative, you should totally let it happen. kinda sucks when it doesnt happen though :mad1:

Scorch

HSC
Elective: Crime Fiction
Pages For Essay: 8
Pages for Creative: 11.5
Total: 19.5

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
Module: Language and Values
Elective: GENDERED LANGUAGE
Pages For Essay: 9
Pages for Creative: 11
Total: 20

was a pretty good question , both creative and essay so i was happy with that, here's hoping my results reflect that!

merrymadi

HSC
Pages For Essay: 6
Total: 15

Er, how many words do you people right per line, on average? I'm usually about 12-15, which I guess is why I don't have as many pages as you guys =/

xxJTxx

HSC
merrymadi said:
Pages For Essay: 6
Total: 15

Er, how many words do you people right per line, on average? I'm usually about 12-15, which I guess is why I don't have as many pages as you guys =/
Wow your writing must be TINY, haha. I do like 6/7 words per line on average xD Hence mah massive page count.

Good work to the 32 pages person above! A friend of mine at school apparently did 36...she was writing a 4 lines average faster than I was (yes, I noticed when she first turned the page..lol).

Btw, these other modules and electives sound pretty interesting...like "gendered language"...i've only ever done genre (revenge tragedy in yr 12, yr 11 we did quest genre) so that's all i've ever known extension to be. those other ones, are they good? harder? i feel so silly asking, but ive always been curious..like "the language of sport" - wtf is that?

Last edited:

mallie89

Almost free!
HSC
Module - Texts and Ways of Thinking
Elective - Individual and Society
Pages for Essay - 14
Pages for Creative - 16
Total - 30

Merrymadi, I get about.. ugh maybe 8-10 words per line, if I'm lucky? halfway through the exam it falls to about 5-8 as my handwriting gets bigger.. and remember - quality not quantity.. here's hoping I did both but ugh its doubtful

mallie89

Almost free!
HSC
Kim Corgan-Molko said:
Elective: Crime Fiction (woot woot)
Pages For Essay: 13
Pages for Creative: 13
Total: 26

I write anywhere between 7-10 words per line, my handwriting varies between giant scrawl and smaller scrawl. All terribly messy - I pity the marker that gets my exam :(

Until recently I had no idea that you could do anything that wasn't genre for English Extension, and even then I thought it was just a choice between crime fiction and revenge tragedy... Dearie me.
Oh I pity my marker as well. In fact I pity the markers of every single one of my exams. I am absolutely positive that my handwriting is illegible. :p

I'm the same, but with Texts and Ways of thinking. Were we given a choice, of course not, because our school .. *grumbles incoherently* point is, we could do Individual and Society, or Retreat from the Global. I think the genres and language of's would have been v. interesting though!

kelsinator

HSC
i did retreat from the global..
wrote 21 pages for essay
12 for creative
-- 33 pages
but my handwriting was terrible.

i love retreat from the global, it's actually a relevant study- it's seriously everywhere, so it's actually a useful english subject. (woah!)

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
Elective: Crime Fiction.
Pages For Essay: 24
Pages for Creative: 14
Total: 38
I write fairly large and messy.
And i do feel bad for my marker.
It was so unlegible lol.
My Creative, was terrible.
I think a year 7 student could have been more creative.
lol.
I was pretty happy with my essay.
pre prepared was around 2200 words.
Made a lot of silly links to the question however.
I didnt like the question however at all.
'passion and detachment'
ew. lol
BUT
No more CF everrrrrrrrr =]

Last edited:

maddyyy

HSC
Module: Texts and Ways of Thinking
Elective: Retreat from the Global
Pages For Essay: 16
Total: 25

All in all, I didn't think the paper was too bad. The questions were pretty fair!

chronicfootball

Member for Bennelong
HSC
Hey you guys are all saying like "oh i wrote 12 pages (1175 words) and stuff... did u go through and count the words or... did u use a prepared essay and thats how u knew? coz i thought u were sposed to answer the question, not just fire off 25 pages of something different. Just curious is all

Genre->Crime Fiction-> 12 Essay -> 14 Creative

pH33n1x

HSC
i got 17 pages for both so i was prettttttty happy.
my writings a bit bigger though i'm only getting around 7 words per line

i dunno about everyone else, but both questions went reallly well with my preprepareds

i do postmodernism, and maybe i just got lucky, but i didnt really have to stretch myself much to fit either question

anyone else have the same thing?
or were people surprised/caught off guard by the questions?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)