• stay au naturel

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
llamalope said:
well... i put on a very light layer of leTan stuff... actually you can hardly see it, but it makes my legs look less ghostly... plus, I'm dancing in hotpants, so i needed to do something. It looks ok... i was too scared to do anything darker, because i would look like a pumpkin.... but i think thats probably the last time i will use fake tan. I don't really like the stuff anyway, i just didn't want to be washed out on stage (such that it is...)
Your lucky you only put a light layer on.
I used letan a yr or so ago and it made my skin look orange.I havn't used it since.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
you know you kids COULD take my advice and try st tropez...or you could be pasty white or melanoma-ful for the rest of your life. its really up to you... :)

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
As long as it doesn't turn out orangey yellow like it did on my friend's pale skin last month. Man that sucked.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
got to love the fake tan..

some chick at uni had it subtly on.. thought she'd just headed out of the hospital with a condition.. ... then i notice the mark where it ended... WHOA pale.. :p

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
AlleyCat said:
you know you kids COULD take my advice and try st tropez...or you could be pasty white or melanoma-ful for the rest of your life. its really up to you... :)
i dont mind being pale that much. it's called porcelain skin..... just personally i think it's better to be pale and interesting, but i wanted a general consensus on that issue. Besides... St tropez is too expensive for my budget to be buying regularly just to top up a fake tan, but I'm sure it is good.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I find the whole concept of tanning quite disgusting really. However I would endorse bleaching if there was a safe method involved.

monzi

HSC
--

I don't like fake tan nor do I like sitting in the sun for endless hours. I use sunscreen religiously. I'm happy being white.

My sister has black hair which is natural and the whitest skin in the world, everybody always gives her compliments on how pretty she looks like that. Tan doesn't always automatically mean HOT.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Look; we'd (well me anyway) would all love to be tanned; but fake tan always seems to turn up...well...ORANGE

I say Au naturelle it looks MUCH nicer and you can be unique rather than just follow the rest of the crowds! Well, that's my opinion anyway :uhhuh:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i dont think there is anything wrong with "porcelain" skin in winter, when there are jumpers and long sleeved pants, but summer is the season of exposed flesh, and without a tan, there are too many veiny legs and just too much...WHITE.

thats my opinion, i think everyone looks better tanned, not orange, brown. and st tropez is brown. join the dots...

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
WOO! GO PAISTIES!!! ok, all you guys who find it hard to tan, you are lucky! I am so pale that if i'm in the sun for 10 mins with no protection, for example at lunch at school or something, i will get sumburnt. And redhair with fake tan does NOT look good, i mean look at lindsey lohan!
White all the way! - plus i think that pale people look mre sophisticated...

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
obviously au naturel (is that spelt right?)

but then again, maybe i'd like to do superman poses to get a tan

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
some fake tans can look hot, but it usually depends on your starting out colour and how dark the option is you choose. Because if youre too pale before the fake tan is applied you will look severely orange and nothing brownish at all. I suggest catching a few of these nice rays recently and applying a LIGHT fake tan after builing up a little yourself. And by tanning I mean, slip slop slap and stay out for a few hours early morning/mid-afternoon, or for only half an hour to an hour during the peak of the day (10.30 - 2.30/3). This way you wont burn but you will develop a bit of colour.

Thats my advice. :)

HSC
N/A
if you're thinking about the formal...then i'll say fake tan all the way!

however, you should probably experiment first.. try out a few products..go for the mild ones and make sure you don't o/d...!

thats just my opinion... i think tans give you a nicer glow compared to pale skin

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I advise stay pale over the long run but fake tan for a few weeks for fun. What do you have to lose?

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
hahaha nah its not for a formal... I'm in uni. It was going to be for the performance last night at sydney uni, because we had to wear hotpants, but it didn't really matter, because the lighting wasn't really bright or anything. We looked hot anyway ;)

Oh well... bring on summer. (not that i sit for hours on the beach burning to a crisp...)

pretty pink

HSC
u can ususally tell if some one has a fake tan....it stands out....
i say just get a real tan from the sun, but dont get fried to a crisp

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
jebbie said:
. And by tanning I mean, slip slop slap and stay out for a few hours early morning/mid-afternoon, or for only half an hour to an hour during the peak of the day (10.30 - 2.30/3). This way you wont burn but you will develop a bit of colour.

Thats my advice. :)
that was my philosophy as well until this year. i recently discovered i need to get over 25 skin cancers removed from my back and arms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)