panic panic panic (1 Viewer)

Gangels

HSC
n@ttyb said:
not if you start singing to the music lol
Yeh that may be a problem for some people. You could always listen to Mozart or Beethoven. They just use instrumentals.

Tim035

HSC
sinist4 said:
stress... i think not- stressing enough is my problem lol
Lol gg Sinist4.... I'm slightly nervous actually I think its more excitement... Dare I say it I'm looking forward to the exams.
Although I expect that to Verrry quickly change following english paper 2.

cburch88

HSC
Ive been taking vitamin B to reduce stress... along with Barocca performance... music is a must when you start feeling overwhelmed - find some inspirational songs or songs that just cheer you up! Ive also found that jst calling a friend is a big help - altho its gotta b the sorta friend who wont stress you more, or un-motivate u all together...
Have faith in yourself!! GOODLUCK EVERYONE

aristos

shorty p
HSC
Gangels said:
Even if you listen to music when you study then you'll calm down and concentrate more. Proven theory.
ummmm...well that kinda depends on the type of music ur listening to...imagine some crazy rave guy pumping some house or trans music-as if he could concentrate more???

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Just some calmish trance/vocal trance helps me study alot. DJ Doboy is good (alot of his stuff played on di.fm or you can find it on his website - google it).

But for maths I was actually listening to rock and fast ayu mixes, gets me pumped and helps for some reason lol.

chrismerjane

HSC
Im not stressing either...

just doing wateva study i can fit in between procrastinating, hoping that the english creative task isnt a letter or something stupid, and hoping for the best :D

and music is good :D... if ur a alt rock person, just some softer music (ie dashboard) does wonders :)

InLimbo

HSC
I actually haven't been stressed or nervous this entire time, yet as I sit here and read all the posts on essay techniques and stuff, I feel my stomach begin to get a bit fluttery.

I'm allergic to BoS it seems.

Seriously though, when I do get stressed or stuff about it all I just space out for a bit, listen to some music (Sigur Rós is best for this - strongly advise anyone to buy the album ( ), although any is fine) and know there's nothing else I can do then what I've been doing all year. I guess it would be wrong not to go into the HSC without a good dosage of stress though, huh?

HSC
N/A
When really stressed it's good to give thought to why you're stressed. Worried about not getting the UAI you want/need? Write up a list of backup options. Stressed because you don't understand something? Call up HSC advice line, post question on BOS, call up friends. Don't just sit there and wring your hands :)

Worried because it's "The HSC?" Don't be :) If you got through HSC Trials, you'll be fine :)

rocafella32

HSC
Stress is killin me this week...
I dont know about you guys, but i got this weird feeling that in the exam something weird will happen to me...like my hands will be really sweaty and im unable to hold a pen for 2 hours or ill just be shaking nervously....touchwood it doesnt happen

BTW+++Does anyone know for sure if whether you can use shorts for book and movie titles...my eng teacher said no, but i still see people use them...For e.g For Huckleberry Finn, can i use (HF)????

Last edited:

JhK89

HSC
rocafella32 said:
I dont know about you guys, but i got this weird feeling that in the exam something weird will happen to me...like my hands will be really sweaty and im unable to hold a pen for 2 hours or ill just be shaking nervously....touchwood it doesnt happen

BTW+++Does anyone know for sure if whether you can use shorts for book and movie titles...my eng teacher said no, but i still see people use them...For e.g For Huckleberry Finn, can i use (HF)????
Yes my teacher said u can use them just have to refer and show the examiners that ur gonna refer to it as HF or w/e...

and FcK yeh... im scared... my english is soo bad i wouldnt b surprised with a band 3... ffs.. im not even sure if im gonna get 75+.. :(

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
rocafella32 said:

No, you really shouldn't do that. The markers' comments each year say not to do that. However, you can shorten it, e.g. "Crossing the Red Sea" to "Crossing".

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
hmmmm, most past exams I have seen more so for the modules students will first write when introducing the text the full name i.e. Blade Runner (BR). Then throughout the rest of the essay use BR, can't see much wrong with that especially if you write it's full name first I did that in the trials and was told it was fine.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
I'm just repeating the message from the markers.

xxxx8888

HSC
yeah i'm starting to feel a bit panicky now. i've been doing so much ancient history and business studies during the holidays that i've barely started on english or maths. english - i don't care because my essays are mine. maths - starting to worry me a bit. oh well. i'll start on it tonight hopefully...

and BIOLOGY - 7 uninterrupted days to study for it! my last exam too. so biology is the last of my worries.

edit: oops... i mean 'my essays are fine'.

Datto120

HSC
I would ring the advice line. In ever english feedback all english staff said that markers wont take you shortening titles. The advice line has teh notes from previous exams so im sure they will know whats right. Not all teachers know everything :)

rocafella32

HSC
hey xxxx8888

I got the english and ancient like you...whats your plan for remembring quotes or are you one of those freaks who just has quotes in their memory all the time...
Im using this week for journey quotes, the weekend for paper 2 quotes and then i got one day, tuesday, to remember a bucketload of ancience quotes...is that how you doing them...im pretty set for content though

With the shorthand titles i think im just gonna go for the safer option with the full name....im only screwed for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)