Paradoxes, anomalies and inconsistencies in Animal farm? (1 Viewer)

eonyya

HSC
For my assessment task, I'm looking for the anomalies, inconsistencies and paradoxes revealed through texts. My PT is 'The Crucible' and my RT is 'Animal Farm'. Can someone tell me any themes in common to both texts that reveal anomalies, inconsistencies and paradoxes within human nature? I have already got power and authority. I need two more.

Qeru

HSC
For my assessment task, I'm looking for the anomalies, inconsistencies and paradoxes revealed through texts. My PT is 'The Crucible' and my RT is 'Animal Farm'. Can someone tell me any themes in common to both texts that reveal anomalies, inconsistencies and paradoxes within human nature? I have already got power and authority. I need two more.
Im not good at english so take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-The main paradox I feel is the use of language to distort meaning in animal farm. The infamous "All animals are equal but some are more equal than others,' is pretty clearly a paradox (how can you be equal but still have ranks and superiority?).
-An inconsistency/anomaly in the Crucible is John Proctor sleeping with Abigail, basically an inconsistency in character. Proctor is meant to be this righteous guy following traditional Christian values yet commits adultery.

One more:
-Both texts use propaganda/fear-mongering to tell what is pretty obviously lies, yet the people believe these lies over the truth (from the select few who actually oppose Napolean/Abigail) showing that people are more susceptible to being motivated by fear/hysteria which is irrationial behaviour and therefore an inconsistency.

Theres probably more but those are what come to mind.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)