Parent Teacher Night (1 Viewer)

cs01001

HSC
Meh... it wasn't me who steered off topic...

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Anyhow, wasn't it something like Ruse, Baulko, NSG, SGS, SGHS, ..., NSBHS, SBHS, FSHS, SGGHS, then Hornsby, ensued by stuff like Tech and others?
Er, obviously not? I think it has been well established by now that Hornsby came second, for either the second or third year running now. Why are you making this run around in circles?

Jachie

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hornsby_Girls'_High_School
...perhaps it was honor list mentions, Jachie.

OH OH OH, this is the article I was referring to, btw (see above, post 18); http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2007/07/29/1185647743489.html

Beneath that article, in broadsheet form, is an article pertaining to tuition or something, SBHS, and one "Jack Burney", initially from the Cranbrook School.

"You learn to forget prejudices at Sydney Boys because of all the different nationalities here," he [Jack Burney] said.
'Of his Asian-background counterparts, Jack said: "They know how to buckle down. They have a very strong work ethic. It might be part of the culture."'

'Jaggar said many students of Asian background had "shown up some of our blonde-haired Aussies" and they were sometimes unfairly accused of gaining unfair entry to his school. "These kids are smart and they have a good work ethic," he said. "The reason they got in is not due to coaching."'

[I think this warrant its own thread, or at least should perhaps be moved into the how was your day thread.]

I was also horribly repulsed when, in Maths, we were doing Probability and the question was; "if I were to randomly pick a student, what is the probability of picking a curry {verbatim}". The teacher, of course, was using this and the stereotypes of the students of the school; those are the school is divided into three groups: "Asians", "Curries", and "Whities".

>.>

Pardon me for making this 'run around in circles', Jachie.
Could you please find the stats for the top schools and such?

Sooo, if your school is that well, why are things that you narrate going on, such as the dropping out, the aversion towards school, and such (iirc)?
tl;dr

except the last part. wow, you really got me there man. thanks for catching me out on the web of lies that I have spun on the internet, lololol, yeah everything I said about my school's ranking was bullshit. i mean, just go look at the DT lists and you'll prove me wrong, ohoho, FOILED. yeah, I totally forgot that it was literally impossible for people to want to leave high-ranking schools. I mean, how could increased pressure put on students in order to maintain these new ranks affect anyone????

you're a moron, lucid. I'm sorry, but it's true.

cccclaire

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
OH OH OH, this is the article I was referring to, btw (see above, post 18); http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2007/07/29/1185647743489.html
I know one of the girls in that article! She duxed my year at primary school.

And my school really cares about rankings. They put up a huge banner outside the school saying "10th in the state in the 2006 HSC"

On the topic of skipping school. I occasionally do it, but mostly I tell my mum anyway I'll just call her up and be like "schools a joke today, I'll be more productive at home" and shes like "ok" coz she trusts me and stuff and I just leave. I've never been caught skipping by the school though =]
Actually teachers from my school maybe come on here, oh well.

fe2008

HSC
LottoX said:
I'd have thought they'd feel good, since relatively they'd be doing better in a comprehensive high school than in a "higher" ranking school such as certain selective or private schools.

i go to a private girls school and we are not geting ranked any igher thats just a load of rubbish if that our marks are hearder to get. All our english techers make so blody hard - its nealy immpoissble to get an a unless ur a God of english

Jachie

HSC
fe2008 said:
i go to a private girls school and we are not geting ranked any igher thats just a load of rubbish if that our marks are hearder to get. All our english techers make so blody hard - its nealy immpoissble to get an a unless ur a God of english
... um, that was his point.

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
Why does Lucid write so much? Golly, I told the truth and she's all cool cept now Im getting a chem tutor and she wants me to come top 10 for all my subjects seeing as I came last in Bio Chem English. :(

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
hehe well bebo and facebook dont work, and bos is 'beneficial' my only downfall is myspace WHICH I JUST CAAANT DOOO:'(

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
magpam said:
youll get in youre bloody smart
No I got in to NSGHS coz I was good at doing GA test questions and stuff like that also Mr James An coached me 3 times a week it was crazy, and I didnt mind doing work. Now I'm a bludger...:(

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
:wave: Hi
I don't have aschedule:(
I know, tres bad right? I was reading that p00ning the HSC book by Peter Sheahan lol, lost track of where Im up to. I've always wanted to do med since I was a little kiddie, dunno, why it's just so cool, and I love seeing what you can do to the human body (haha, I'm weird like that) oo and I love anatomy partly coz the names and stuff just come to me, I wish I could just be in med without doing stupid shit like describing plant propagation -.- but Med is harder than the hsc by far apparaently, but it's stuff that I belive I'll like learning. Apart from school (which makes up too small a percentage of my life) I run, swim, sometimes play my clarinet or just bum around - computer, sleep, going out etc etc or...i dunno what it is but there this thing that saps all my time away from me...
Maybe you should ask to go to coaching for your sake? Find a good one though I can refer you...but not now, I need sleep or I'll drop dead in my chem prac tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)