parent troubles (1 Viewer)

magik22

HSC
I recently went on a holiday with a bunch of my friends. I ended up sharing a room with a friend that's the opposite sex with 2 single rooms. Nothing happened at all...we didnt even spent tht much time sleeping in the room anyways. But When i got home..i accidentally told my parents abt sharing a room with a boy. They went crazy..calling me stupid and immature and gave me a lecture how i can only share rooms with girls. They made me feel like i have commited a crime or something..i feel so guilty. I mean im 18 already...is sharing a room with the other gender so wrong?? is my parents right??

aLexTasyy

HSC
i slept in the same bed as my close mate brendan (my parents hate him) i copped a lecture too, your 18 you should be able to sleep in the same room at least with a guy... parents just dont accept the fact that they have to LET GO...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I recently went on a holiday with a bunch of my friends. I ended up sharing a room with a friend that's the opposite sex with 2 single rooms. Nothing happened at all...we didnt even spent tht much time sleeping in the room anyways. But When i got home..i accidentally told my parents abt sharing a room with a boy. They went crazy..calling me stupid and immature and gave me a lecture how i can only share rooms with girls. They made me feel like i have commited a crime or something..i feel so guilty. I mean im 18 already...is sharing a room with the other gender so wrong?? is my parents right??
it's a natural reply for parents, so let them be and they'll learn to let go soon enough.

it's worse if you're an only child.

or the last child (youngest)

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
while youre living under their roof, abide by their rules. simple. if you dont like it, move out.

that or just dont tell them about your social life. simple

HSC
N/A
i had sleep overs at girls houses and vise versa all my life :S
even at 17 id have female friends over that would share my double bed and my parents nor her parents ever had a problem

but i guess all parents are different

and this being said im 19 and still a virgin /notgay

HSC
Totally normal reaction, dude. You're their baby still! They don't want you going off and being with guys cause that means you've grown up and parents freak out about that stuff!

it's a natural reply for parents, so let them be and they'll learn to let go soon enough.

it's worse if you're an only child.

or the last child (youngest)
I disagree, I'm the youngest and my parents trust me with guys way more than they trusted my sister who is 6 years older.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yeah but they don't know that you've been on baus getting sodomised by leonard followers.

~untitled~

HSC
Lol.

By the time you get to this age your parents should trust that they have brought you up well enough to make the right personal choices in your life. It's hard for them to let go, but sometimes you need to give them a little help, remind them that you can make these choices for yourself, and that you wouldnt do anything that would comprimise your personal safety.

Parents who wont let go of their children at this age or refuse to trust their children to make their own choices are purely selfish as they care more for their own personal satisfaction of knowing you are safe than letting you find your own feet in the world and starting to build your own independent life! Its not about them having no part in your life, its about them realising that theyve had their chance to teach and help you on how to make decisions, and now its time for them to sit back and watch you blossom into the beautiful person they helped create.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Totally normal reaction, dude. You're their baby still! They don't want you going off and being with guys cause that means you've grown up and parents freak out about that stuff!

I disagree, I'm the youngest and my parents trust me with guys way more than they trusted my sister who is 6 years older.
tell them you slept in the same room and bed

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A

I'm the youngest and my parents trust me with guys way more than they trusted my sister who is 6 years older.
i agree as well. i'm trusted the least being the oldest, cos the old folks have never experienced gone through having a teen before.

XPac2

HSC
im the oldest, and older chicks are hard to handle. although ive had a few lol

HSC
tell them you slept in the same room and bed
I just spent 3 weeks at my male best friend's house.

They ain't stupid.

i agree as well. i'm trusted the least being the oldest, cos the old folks have never experienced gone through having a teen before.

this.

I've built up a degree of trust with my parents over the past couple of years. E.g. letting them know who I'm with, where I'm going and transport details.

They also know that I think my sister is an idiot and I refuse to follow her footsteps.

"as long as you're safe and sensible"

safe, yes.
sensible... well that's debatable.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
yeah. i find just being heaps open about anything and everything helps with the 'de-nazism' process.

also do stuff like 'not going to a party'. worked a treat. just go to your dad, 'i don't want to go to that party. the people who will be going are unsavoury types and i don't want to be around that sort of thing.'

and then BAM.

your parents think you have the discernment of a nun.

the cost is worth the reward.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
that's weird, my post got deleted.
@slopy - or what?

@settle/gibbo - i guess it works both ways.

if you're teh youngest parents might find it hard to let go of their 'baby' but then again it can also be a 'we know about this phase' hence they trust you more.

just said it from personal experience, soz :D

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
that's weird, my post got deleted.
@slopy - or what?

@settle/gibbo - i guess it works both ways.

if you're teh youngest parents might find it hard to let go of their 'baby' but then again it can also be a 'we know about this phase' hence they trust you more.

just said it from personal experience, soz :D
dw tommy, the idiot put their residential address in their location lol.

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
tell tham their were blood on you're bed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)