• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Parents as Referees (1 Viewer)

michaeljennings

HSC
Speaking of desperate - I have no idea where my yr11 half-yearly report is and I'm flipping the fuck out.

wat do
ah damn that sucks im not sure what I would do if i were in your position maybe try find someone who had similar ranks to you and ask them what their report mark was but that would take you ages to ask individually..maybe post a status update on fb

Finance, Accounting, Actuarial

Wbu?
Just Actuarial

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, putting your parents as referees doesn't sound like the greatest of ideas. It's okay if you're super super desperate, I suppose.

Speaking of desperate - I have no idea where my yr11 half-yearly report is and I'm flipping the fuck out.

wat do
State that you haven't included it for said reason. The Yr11 yearly report should suffice along with the concurrent year's which I believe should have more bearing anyways.

riots

HSC
N/A
ah damn that sucks im not sure what I would do if i were in your position maybe try find someone who had similar ranks to you and ask them what their report mark was but that would take you ages to ask individually..maybe post a status update on fb
Not sure how well that will work. Also, they ask you to bring the reports to the interview so :\

State that you haven't included it for said reason. The Yr11 yearly report should suffice along with the concurrent year's which I believe should have more bearing anyways.
This is what I've got on my application at the moment, but it makes me look like a bit of a dunce for misplacing it.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Using your parents as a referee just says you couldn't find anybody else to vouch for you. Dosen't look good.

tambam

HSC
Using your parents as a referee just says you couldn't find anybody else to vouch for you. Dosen't look good.
Hahahahaha yeah, it seems like such a dud thing to do.
It's like, hey we need to find out if this person is decent, lets talk to their mum!

Good luck guys.
And just one thing, when i was in the process of applying for cadetships, someone (reputable) told me that some places just run all the applications through programs and look for key words, so to be on the safe side, mention 'leader' and 'teamwork' and what not a few more times. Ha.

umz93

HSC
FML, i didnt see the email of it being postponed to 3rd October until after I submitted my application. -_-
I didnt have access to y11 half yearly ranks, so i didnt put it, however i didnt write anything in results explanation. Will this affect my application?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's for people that haven't placed applications on time - like me though I wasn't serious about applying.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
yeah parents as referees is just silly. its so biased that it basically counts for nothing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I've never been one to advocate putting a friend or family member as a referee. Even a co-worker shouldn't be a referee, over say..your manager/boss [of course, there are some exceptions, where you're searching for a new job without your current boss knowing, so a close co-worker could vouch for you].

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)