Parents reaction to ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I got "That's good".

Now some of my fellow classmates however were less than supportive...

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
absolute shock and joy

dad didnt believe me when i said i could get 98.3 ( i was off by 0.05!) and thought id get at most 95.. coz i majorly fugged up my trials

so it was awesome to shock them both :D

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
dad: with so little work?
mum: it's almost sickening, really.

haha >__>

wrecking

derp.
HSC
i told my mum and she was so happy (got 97.55). she lied to my dad when he came home that i got 79. HE WAS SOOO HAPPY REGARDLESS. then when i told him my actual atar, he was ecstatic.

student6625

HSC
i told my mum and she was so happy (got 97.55). she lied to my dad when he came home that i got 79. HE WAS SOOO HAPPY REGARDLESS. then when i told him my actual atar, he was ecstatic.
LOLOLOLOL...hahahaha...that's a good one!

Mum: Why is it 0.1 lower than the calculator prediction, looked a little disappointed

Dad: "Wow, that's excellent! I thought you would only get around 94 or 95!" (after he averaged the marks for all my subjects...*facepalm*...*sigh*)

chumplovesucker

HSC
atar: 94.95

mum: Aw I'm so sorry that you didn't get 95! Sooo close, oh I'm so sorry.
me: um it doesn't matter, I got what I needed.
mum: oh yes of course not. well done!

Kralex

HSC
Parents thought I could do better, in the 90s, despite telling them throughout the whole year I just am not a 90 student :p But they said if I was happy with my mark and it gets me where I want then they are happy too :)

(80.85 for reference)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Mum: "That's still good. You should be proud of yourself".

Typical Mum who doesn't know what's going on and is secretly disappointed because I didn't quite achieve what I wanted.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
My mum was "You should have worked harder instead of being on facebook all the time"

And dad just said "Do you think you could have done better? Oh well, as long as you're happy"

sexii_Can_I

In your shoe closet, contemplating life =)
HSC
Mum: "That's still good. You should be proud of yourself".

Typical Mum who doesn't know what's going on and is secretly disappointed because I didn't quite achieve what I wanted.
LOL same here. Except I guess I deserved that reaction since I pretty much did shit all the second half of the year and now have a 91.40 to show for it. =___=

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
my mother is on the phone 24/7 to relatives, family friends, people from work, the landlord, the tenants, old tutors, god, i think she even told the lady behind the counter at the newsagency >_o [i mean, i'd understand if my marks were fabulous but they're not o___o. but lol, gotta love her x)]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)