Parents Reaction to UAI marks (1 Viewer)

kido525

HSC
natstar said:
huh? Thats not how it works. An internal transfer is a transfer to anouther course WITHIN the uni, not to another institution.

hmmmm.... i think i misunderstood *scratches head well something in those lines say if ur doing science at UWS and u really really wanted to study at a city campus u have to do very well in ur course to be able to be granted permission to ask for a transfer from UWS to watever uni i think its about how u have to get an above credit average so that it could work hmmmm... ne1 wanna finish this off?

froggy_chik87

HSC
politik said:
I just love hearing you north shore people telling me about how your parents' expectations, of university for their stupid offspring failed ROFL...

I bet your parents are thinking this:
"NOW ILL HAVE TO LIE TO THE GIRLS DURING TEA TOMORROW (BECAUSE IM A NORTH SHORE SLUT WHO DOESNT WORK AND SITS AROUND ALL DAY GOSSIPPING WHILE MY HUSBAND WORKS LIKE A DOG - BUT HEY, EVEN THOUGH IM A LOSER, DOESNT MEAN I CANT PUSH MY KIDS TO GO TO UNIVERSITY) AND TELL THEM THAT MY SON/DAUGHTER JAMES SMITH/REBECCA WILLIAMS GOT 99.35 IN HSC, WHEN HE/SHE REALLY GOT 34.85 AND SPENT THE WHOLE YEAR SMOKING POT AND SHOPPING AT BONDI WESTFIELD."

Stupid rich spoilt fuckers.

I may not have had a father/money/a steady home - but I did my HSC for my mother. I spent 6 years being that "intelligent but lazy" kid, lived through so many violent issues in my home, got suspended and expelled so many time but at the end of that day, I didnt want to go to University because "mummy/daddy wanted me to" - I studied because I knew I was better than everyone else. And I wanted to show it for once.

And with just six months of study, I did it. And im not a North Shore/Rich Brat.
lol, omg this dude is so funny, i live on the north shore, and as far as i'm aware none of my parents or friends parent go out to tea with their friends! How does living on the north shore mean that you are immediatly a slut? If someone wishes to lie about their childs score, that is their own choise, but i'm sure that not only SOME north shore parents lie about it, i'm sure people from up north in the state and also down south lie about it too. Bondi westfield, as i am aware is classified as the eastern suburbs, not the north shore. That would include Chatswood Chase, Chastwood Westfield and possibly Hornsby westfield. Bondi westfield is approx a 30 or so minute drive...i'm sure majority of people would just go to Chatswood. Are you saying that we all did the HSC because "mummy and daddy" wanted us to? Not even for our own self gratification? I didn't do it for my parents at all!

To point out another thing, just because we live or the north shore does not mean that we are rich. I am friends with pleanty of people who live alot further west than us and are like 10 times richer than us because they made the decision to live in a cheap area, and save up all the money they made. You cannot blame us kids, because our parents decided to live in this area! 90% of my friends have jobs, that is why we are not poor, cauz we have been making our own money for some time now and saving it for ourselves!

Are you also saying that people who live on the north shore don't have violent families, have to move round alot and are always without money? Cause if you are i'd think twice about saying that again! Not everyone has a perfect life, and i think you should stop putting us into seperate groups, just because of our location!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The Guarenteed Internal transfer at UWS is that if you get over 65% average (above credit average) in at least half a year of studies, you can transfer in to any course that uws has to offer.

If you want to study at another university, most uni's/courses require a 50/50 combination of GPA/UAI for your transfers. A GPA of 5.00 gives you an equivilent uai of 89, so if you got a uai of 90 and a gpa of 5.0 then you would have a NRSL rank of 89.5.

Are you also saying that people who live on the north shore don't have violent families, have to move round alot and are always without money? Cause if you are i'd think twice about saying that again! Not everyone has a perfect life, and i think you should stop putting us into seperate groups, just because of our location!!
In politik's defence I think he was just making an observation on some of the posters in this thread.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
The Guarenteed Internal transfer at UWS is that if you get over 65% average (above credit average) in at least half a year of studies, you can transfer in to any course that uws has to offer.

If you want to study at another university, most uni's/courses require a 50/50 combination of GPA/UAI for your transfers. A GPA of 5.00 gives you an equivilent uai of 89, so if you got a uai of 90 and a gpa of 5.0 then you would have a NRSL rank of 89.5.

In politik's defence I think he was just making an observation on some of the posters in this thread.
WHAT? so if you get a 60UAI and get into b gay at UWS or something, then get a credit aveage you can get into B Cummerce/Law?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
stazi said:
WHAT? so if you get a 60UAI and get into b gay at UWS or something, then get a credit aveage you can get into B Cummerce/Law?
Yea, I dunno if it's going to work that way for medicine....
fark i hope not.

It's above a credit average, but still piss easy to get....

timmay05

HSC
what971 said:
Obviously. He's just a pov-ass Westy.
I got a UAI of 93.75 (or maybe it is .45, I can't remember, and don't care).
Parents reacted sayign they were really pleased and all... complete contrast to my reaction of "dammit I worked too hard", 5 more marks than I will need at least.

WHY ON EARTH EDIT MY POST FOR RAGERUNNER? I SAID NOTHING WORSE THAN THINGS OTHER PEOPLE HAVE SAID?

Last edited:

kido525

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:

Thank JESUS i have no got hope to become a optomotrist

timmay05

HSC
stazi said:
Yes, but an above credit average could be hard to come by unless you learn to spell :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
timmay05 said:
Yes, but an above credit average could be hard to come by unless you learn to spell :)
o rly?
Whoops... i made commerce into cummerce. Never heard of puns before?
Oh and i'm on a 80% average. I also did Extension 2 English. I also did your mother.

elisabeth

HSC
My parents are really happy for me now, they know I secretly wanted to be dux. They're a little lacking in the celebrations department though. 'Something special for dinner' is likely to be pizza and it was my friend's mum who bought me flowers.

MasterP

Come to Daddy
HSC
They were indifferent. More pleased than dissapointed since I had convinced everyone I had bombed the HSC entirely. I actually ended up with average but adequate results.

supergirl

HSC
elisabeth said:
My parents are really happy for me now, they know I secretly wanted to be dux. They're a little lacking in the celebrations department though. 'Something special for dinner' is likely to be pizza and it was my friend's mum who bought me flowers.
Oh no, you poor thing, as if 99.65 and Dux isn't reward enough! I'd gladly trade that for my 97.85 and the accompanying "special dinner and gifts".
Jeez, I don't even know if I'll get into my course!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
prinze__martin said:
if u were my daughter i f-- worship u n buy u as much as makeup as u want. Ur a champ
HAHAHAHAHHAH!H!HH!H!HAHAHAHAHA!!!
I'd buy you as much makeup as you want!!!!??? Because that's all girls want?
hahahah!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
supergirl said:
Oh no, you poor thing, as if 99.65 and Dux isn't reward enough! I'd gladly trade that for my 97.85 and the accompanying "special dinner and gifts".
what course?

elisabeth

HSC
supergirl said:
Well I'm sorry that you're worrying and I do hope you'll get in whichever course you're aiming for. You did really well. By the same token, there are probably a lot of people who would say the same thing about you.

But this thread is about how our parents reacted, not our own reactions. (I'm over the moon with my results, in case you thought otherwise.) All I'm saying is that yeah, I -do- somewhat envy my friends, who have parents who are fucking estatic for them and show it.

Gustus

HSC
MarsBarz said:
Well that's because you're a bad parent. You fail to understand that kids need to be pushed and they need to be disciplined. This is reflected in your child's dismal failure. Parents push their kids to succeed because they want the best future for them.
When I see some people say that they are proud of a uai in 70's, I'm shocked. It is quite apparent that anyone who got in that range did not do any work in year 12 and didn't take their studies seriously. Hell, I barely worked until STUVAC and managed to get 95+. And I'm still not very happy, because I realise that I didn't give the HSC my best shot. I am regretful. But I'm glad that my parents punished me when I'd get low marks. Otherwise I might have become a homeless dropkick like your child.
Your fuckin pathetic if you haven't read all reprise's posts maybe you can be excused, but after reading that her daughter was pregz, has a baby and Bipolar, my mark (68.5, which I am happy with) now sounds rather shitty.

If you got off your high horse and looked around, those people getting 70+ will still get into uni, will still get bloody good paying jobs to make them comfortable for the rest of their (happier than you) lives, and if they don't they must have decent enough brains to succeed at what ever they do any how.

with 68.5 im happy enough I found out 2 weeks ago i have already been pre-selected to 2 courses which at the end of it, i will have a job earning 70,000+. and with that im stoked, some of us don't have to be kerry packer to be successfull.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)