Parking fine at train station car park. (1 Viewer)

Jonneeh

HSC
RANT
I know it says no parking but it doesn't obstruct anything but what can i do when all the spots are taken before 8am?

Jonneeh

HSC
where i live theres only 2 buses that ever pass within a 30minute walk
they go to and from the local school in the morning and afternoon

D94

HSC
N/A
Get to the station earlier. Park in a close by shopping centre. Park even further away. Park near the bus stop. Get someone to give you a lift.

Jonneeh

HSC
Get to the station earlier. Park in a close by shopping centre. Park even further away. Park near the bus stop. Get someone to give you a lift.
It takes me 20minutes to drive there on a good day which is never, so it takes nearly 30-40minutes to get there. No shopping centres or bus stop.

This was in a newly built - 1.5 years old car park station.
Poor planning

D94

HSC
N/A
It takes me 20minutes to drive there on a good day which is never, so it takes nearly 30-40minutes to get there. No shopping centres or bus stop.

This was in a newly built - 1.5 years old car park station.
Poor planning
So park in the roads nearby. Or I say again, get someone to give you a lift. I can assure you that it's not just your station which is packed in the morning - most well used stations (ie. the streets around them) are packed before 7am.

Jonneeh

HSC
So park in the roads nearby. Or I say again, get someone to give you a lift. I can assure you that it's not just your station which is packed in the morning - most well used stations (ie. the streets around them) are packed before 7am.
90% of the nearby roads = closed for construction of other things or 30min-3hr time limit

D94

HSC
N/A
90% of the nearby roads = closed for construction of other things or 30min-3hr time limit
So your only viable options are take a taxi, get there way earlier, or get someone to give you a lift. You could drive to another station as well and park there (like the roads around there).

HSC
Have you considered driving to the *next* train station then? I know it adds on more time, but if your home station doesn't have any parking, and you can't park in the streets nearby, then perhaps consider going to the next station?
How far away is the closest street from the train station, which doesn't have construction business going on?
Alternatively, maybe chat with the staff at the train station and see if they notice what time the car park seems to get full (if it's in full view of the station - if it's directly next to it etc), and plan to be there before hand. I know it's not exactly ideal to be there much earlier than you have to be, but if it avoids the stress of trying to find a park and copping a fine, it's worth the hassle.

TheStallion

HSC
Or you could just park in the carpark... it costs a bit but it's worth it if you have the money. Makes everything a lot easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)