Parking @ USyd (1 Viewer)

Arithela

HSC
I'm planning to go there next week just to look around, so where can I find parking? What about the parking station on shepherd street? Where do students usually park their cars? Are there any parking on campus?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Arithela said:
I'm planning to go there next week just to look around, so where can I find parking? What about the parking station on shepherd street? Where do students usually park their cars? Are there any parking on campus?
yeah there is heaps of parking on eastern avenue. it's like $2 per day or some insanely low figure.

doink

Clone
HSC
eastern ave just outside carslaw near the stairs, pretty cheap too.

04er

HSC
not sure if the ppl above are kidding, but the cheapest i have come across ($7 per full day) is at the rpa medical centre, located approximately at 4Q on the map:

http://db.auth.usyd.edu.au/directories/map/largemap00a.html

But you have to present student ID so I guess that isn't much help.

I used to park towards MacDonaldtown station for free all day (as there are no parking limit signs) but finding parking there is quite hard.

I would avoid Shepherd, insane costs ($24 per day).

Parking on campus after 3pm is $6 flat (including Shepherd).

EDIT: there are also plenty of 2 hour free parking places surrounding lower camperdown.

Last edited:

Chickinja

HSC
If you're going for less than 3 hours, you can park at Broadway shopping centre for free (but after that time period is up it is quite expensive, so be careful not to be late!). Allow 10-15 minutes to walk to the university - it's quite large though, so it really depends on where you're going.

I haven't seen $2 parking on campus during the daytime - only after 3pm. You can park on city road or parramatta city-bound after 10am for an hourly fee (I think it is $2 per hour), but these fill up very fast (usually straight after 10am), and you must leave before the clearway comes into effect or your car will be towed. You can park for free on Shepherd Street in the morning if you are there before 7am - if you are later than that it is very difficult to get parking.

Your best bet is to park at a station and catch the train - parking around the university is difficult. Try Erskineville and McDonaldtown stations (and remember not to leave valuables in your car!)

kokodamonkey

HSC
Broadway is 3hours free or $10/all day for students. (as you pay at automated machines b4 u leave, they can't check if ur a student so u'll be fine :p)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Broadway is a good option, otherwise, if you get there early enough (not sure about specifics though, never drive to uni) you can park on Arundel St and around Forest Lodge in general, I know there's no time limit on those but again very competitive.

kokodamonkey

HSC
lala2 said:
Broadway is a good option, otherwise, if you get there early enough (not sure about specifics though, never drive to uni) you can park on Arundel St and around Forest Lodge in general, I know there's no time limit on those but again very competitive.
where is that.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Arundel St is the street parallel to Parramatta Rd, on the other side of Footbridge. Forest Lodge is the suburb that Arundel St is in, basically it's defined by Derwent and Ross Sts.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
lala2 said:
In general, if you arrive before 7am you should be able to park on Arundel. There aren't any more unlimited spots in Forest Lodge that is close.

If you get there before 7.30am, you should be able to park on Forbes or Wilson on Darlington side in Newtown.

Otherwise, aim to get there at 9.50am and park on Parramatta road (but clearway begins at 3pm).

In short, don't drive to uni unless you can get in at those times, and unless absolutely necessary. It's simply not worth it.

Hoyin

HSC
N/A
I was just wondering....
those free all day street parking around the uni...
wat time do i needa get there inorder to grab a spot...

im starting work tomorrow at usyd.... and i went there this morning to scout around for parking..
i got there at 8:15 and they were pretty much all taken... i studied at unsw.. and free all day street parking were still avaliable till about 8:50 when students start filling it up...

n e idea wat time about to get some at usyd???
I was generally looking on the west side of uni... church street.. mallett st.. federation rd (along the park)

If you can also recommend me some other streets where there are all day free parking.. it would be greatly appreciated... if u dont wana list them on the forum.. email me.. hoyinpng@hotmail.com. or pm.. thanks sOOOO much..

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Free all day parking? Like other people said, Arundel Street. Otherwise free parking does not exist.

dumarab

HSC
parking at USYD

how much is parking at USYD?? preferably near the Computing, engineering buildings???

just wondering coz it takes 30 min to get there by car, and like 1 hr to get tehre by train.

Thanks

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Re: parking at USYD

It's $24 a day.

Just catch the train.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Re: parking at USYD

dumarab said:
why is it so expensive?
Because they can charge that much and people will still drive?

Miss Winey

HSC
Sorry to burst your bubble, but as of 2006,
Sydney University Parking is $24/day!
Traffic and parking regulations on campus - CIS Home - The University of Sydney
Which is ridiculously expensive and no one with a student budget should ever attempt to park on campus.

During Sydney Uni Info day, anywhere around 20 000 people are expected to visit Sydney Uni, so i highly HIGHLY recommended you DO NOT attempt to find parking on campus.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT ALL THE WAY.
There will be a FREE shuttle bus from Central Station Railway Square going all day, every 5-10 minutes.
How do I get there? - START - The University of Sydney

There are FREE walking tours around Sydney Uni, and if you want to visit the mallet st campus there should be FREE bus that takes you there.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
Miss Winey said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but as of 2006,
Sydney University Parking is $24/day!
Traffic and parking regulations on campus - CIS Home - The University of Sydney
Which is ridiculously expensive and no one with a student budget should ever attempt to park on campus.

During Sydney Uni Info day, anywhere around 20 000 people are expected to visit Sydney Uni, so i highly HIGHLY recommended you DO NOT attempt to find parking on campus.

PUBLIC TRANSPORT ALL THE WAY.
There will be a FREE shuttle bus from Central Station Railway Square going all day, every 5-10 minutes.
How do I get there? - START - The University of Sydney

There are FREE walking tours around Sydney Uni, and if you want to visit the mallet st campus there should be FREE bus that takes you there.
u rekon i'll find a spot if im there 8:30 am (for high achiever's breakfast)? [seeing as the day officially starts at 9:30]

Edit: 20 000 ppl? i would have thought it would be lower..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)