Part-Time jobs! (2 Viewers)

Keelan134

HSC
I work in fastfood, and because my store is in NSW's Lowest socioeconomic region work is always interesting with all the characters you meet, such as people complaining that their 21 piece bucket has 22 pieces in it, requesting a formal complaint because another customer walked in while they were ordering and the automatic doors let all the cold in, and complaining that their chicken isn't cooked because the meat is white, not red like it should be :/

I don't mind it too much because I enjoy my colleagues, pays decent enough to fund 101 days of backpacking Europe starting in two weeks but yeah always aim for Aldi, seated, no bagging, and no smiles=easy munee :D

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
?? umm where do they normally post these recruitments? :/
At the end of this month. Like early November/Mid November.

From experience, it goes quick. Posting will go early November, say 7th, you will get a interview for the 15th, you will start on the 21th

Tadaa

HSC
From experience, it goes quick. Posting will go early November, say 7th, you will get a interview for the 15th, you will start on the 21th[/QUOTE]

sorry, how do i know they want people? where should i check :S

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
From experience, it goes quick. Posting will go early November, say 7th, you will get a interview for the 15th, you will start on the 21th
sorry, how do i know they want people? where should i check :S[/QUOTE]

Websites/instore

During early-mid November go to a store and ask. They won't bother between now and then because it is early for christmas causals

lolJK

HSC
anything other than maccas
There's a common misconception about Maccas...although I've never worked there, the training provided by McDonald's is well regarded. My manager at Coles told me about how it's considered as an advantage. Lucky me, I didn't start out in fast food, but many people do and there's nothing wrong with it. A job is a job, pay is pay. I'd actually work at maccas, even now...beats having no source of income.

danniomc

HSC
Anywhere that has awards are a good place to started. Luckily, I landed myself a job as a pharmacy assistant in Canberra (although I'm from Wollongong) for next year if I hopefully get into Combined Law at ANU. It's starting salary is higher than minimum wage because of the award scheme. So maybe if you have options where you're from, go the the Fair Work Australia website and find something with awards so you can start with a higher hourly pay :)

ismeta

HSC
I work in fastfood, and because my store is in NSW's Lowest socioeconomic region work is always interesting with all the characters you meet, such as people complaining that their 21 piece bucket has 22 pieces in it, requesting a formal complaint because another customer walked in while they were ordering and the automatic doors let all the cold in, and complaining that their chicken isn't cooked because the meat is white, not red like it should be :/

I don't mind it too much because I enjoy my colleagues, pays decent enough to fund 101 days of backpacking Europe starting in two weeks but yeah always aim for Aldi, seated, no bagging, and no smiles=easy munee :D
I got rejected by Aldi :( The day after I sent in the application, too.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
There's a common misconception about Maccas...although I've never worked there, the training provided by McDonald's is well regarded. My manager at Coles told me about how it's considered as an advantage. Lucky me, I didn't start out in fast food, but many people do and there's nothing wrong with it. A job is a job, pay is pay. I'd actually work at maccas, even now...beats having no source of income.
the pay actually almost matches other retail stores, but I guess that depends on which mcdonald's you work at. and if you work on the register, it's a pretty easy job :)

RishBonjour

HSC
I have friends who work there so I'm not saying its bad, but if you are like 18/19, its much better to work somewhere else in terms of pay. I got into kings cross Mcdonalds btw. did the intro and everything with the manager, but then didn't go lol.

would prefer working at K-mart/coles

And yes, my friend said the training and mcdonalds helped with his uni choices or something.

Dedication_

HSC
the pay actually almost matches other retail stores, but I guess that depends on which mcdonald's you work at. and if you work on the register, it's a pretty easy job :)
False, under <18 earn up to $11, where $8.XX is the minimum, I have a friend who earnt $8.XX an hour, how horrible.

DefiningTheta

HSC
Uni Grad
I heard places like Dicksmith, JBHIFI, Good guys, etc are very good in terms of pay and the extras, however, they're hard to get in.

McLovinFanboy

Banned
HSC
I work for woolworths. I earn $11 a hour. And I am 17.

I have friends who work at Maccas who out earn me

kylie1D

HSC
Same here! i work in pharmacy but then quit for hsc but they are taking me back when i finished! so im all set =) feels good

zb123

HSC
WHen is it best to apply? Early december, or is that too late?

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Already got job at a pizza place, so dishwashing, pizza making and barista skills w00t.

When I move to uni, I'd prob look for a cafe, bar (planning to get RSA), bookstore or retail (ALDI would be the best check out check cause you can sit down lol).
:O Used to work at dominos. So many bad stories lol...

I'm gonna apply for many jokbs. Currently considering: A data enterer, factory worker (uncles) or maybe just retail. Will tutor after results come out but.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)