• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Partition to Change the Uni name (2 Viewers)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
tattoodguy said:
UWS is shit its not just cos students at uws say it, its just a well known fact in society.
Really we say "UWS is shit" do we? ..because it seems to me that we are constantly having to defend the uni and ourselves as a student body because outside idiots that have no clue what they're talking about.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
just ignore the noob guys

coz the issue comes down to, we r not going to give him the time of the day

hYpO

Well why do other students from diff universities come to UWS? hmm i did macroeconomics analysis a year ago and we had a shitload of maq uni students doing subjects at UWS parra?!?!? what a boggle.

Also UWS has had great achievements but hey all the snobs that goto UNSW and UTS etc, think just cause we goto UWS it means we are american hillbilly types.. YUK YUK..

So yeh it is other students that goto diff uni's problems. But hey i went with a friend the other week to return some books to UNSW campus and man i looked around and saw all the ppl and thought wow busy..at UWS it would like be totally dead", but then again i looked at all the stairs and thought "Oh shit! man i am so glad i goto UWS"...heh

hYpO

Dingo, i wont entertain your comment any further other then by saying i'm not prepared to divulge my life story to you. So ease up on the personal attacks ok.

Yeh there are "snobs" at UWS, but they have grounding. Whereas at UNSW i mean come on, they automatically think you are a lower class citizen when they know u are from UWS. The person who said earlier that there is a stigma with the association between UWS and lower class is evident.

But we are a young university, i dont know the exact date it was formed or year, but i know its many, many less then the more prestigious ones like UTS and US and UNSW.

We just gotta hang in there and let UWS's rep grow :)

tattoodguy

give it time and hang in there and help the rep of uws grow rofl rofl rofl.

funny shit.

i think the ratio of snobs is pretty low at uws..but there is still a few. But the main problem at uws is there is jack shit facilities and a shitty atmosphere so no one really hangs around. Except a few lebs and indians.

Ive been to all the unis visiting and shit..and the people at uws seeem pretty dead, they just seeem so freaken bored. Not everyone of course, but in comparison to other unis it is just so quiet.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

lol, because its out west and out west is associated with the battlers and fibro homes, etc etc.

Its a university for the under privlidged, dumbies, poor people who cant afford to travel from their cheap houses in cheap areas to the city to attend decent unis and fobs from cabra/livo and a hand full of international students that couldnt make it to decent unis :)

Yeah we both pay the same hecs..but i think UWS is a bit cheaper and secondly ummm students at other unis pay from there bank accounts wh3ere as at uws u all pay your feees from ausstudy and other centrelink payments.

Thats why its seen as cheap and of a lower standard :)

Thats other peoples opinion not my own. Personaly i dont seee any difference and i seee uws people as the same as everyone else :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)