• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Partition to Change the Uni name (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
plz dont make this crap up, u'd all noe that it is impossible that it will ever happen

adamj

Originally posted by zzangelzz
You know, the original name that was to be given to UWS was Whitlam University , after former Prime Minister, Gough Whitlam who apparently helped constructed it....
UWS, is a collection of former Advanced Colleges.

adamj

Originally posted by Matthew_152
....University Of Dumbasses Who Could'nt Get Into Sydney (UODWCGIS)....LOL....im just stirring.
Perhaps they should change Usyd to the University with Cheap Laminated Student Cards.

adamj

Originally posted by Ziff
University of Gough Whitlam (UGW) :p
This makes no sense. The University is not in Gough Whitlam, nor did Whitlam do much. If you praise him so much, then you should also praise the introduction of students fees by the Labor Government.

peepee

loser.
HSC
Originally posted by adamj
Perhaps they should change Usyd to the University with Cheap Laminated Student Cards.
hehehe
can't believe you gotta BYO photo for your cheap laminated student card.....

adamj

Yeah, I am waiting for my package from the Sydney Uni Law Library - it states to send along two passport-size photographs

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pssht all this uws is crap stigma is all bullshit.... employers don't look lowly on it... only students do ... my mum's co worker's daughter went to UWS and she's earning 45G and its only been a year since she's graduated...

you UWS people are only reinforcing the stigma by endorsing the change in name... the only way the UWS reputation will start changing is if the students of UWS themselves... start believing it

= Jennifer =

HSC
clairegirl said:
pssht all this uws is crap stigma is all bullshit.... employers don't look lowly on it... only students do ... my mum's co worker's daughter went to UWS and she's earning 45G and its only been a year since she's graduated...

you UWS people are only reinforcing the stigma by endorsing the change in name... the only way the UWS reputation will start changing is if the students of UWS themselves... start believing it

i agree with clairegirl, i dont want to start an argument here but...many people in our form think it is an alright university and no one has been there to study by posting bad things about UWS reputation on the net many will be discouraged to go there shouldnt u guys be encouraging :p thats my view anyway

tattoodguy

UWS is shit its not just cos students at uws say it, its just a well known fact in society.

It has the lowest acceptance standards and the facilities are shit lol

look at uws parra next to the library what the fuck is that???/ why dont they demolish that thing --- tight arses.

They have that bball court with no lights and the social life their sux compared to other unis. It has shit teachers and shit facilities and shit students overall its just shit.

Theres alot of reasons why uws sux.

People do look down on uws but it doesnt mean you cant get a job though etc i dont think many people while they are at schoool have ambitions of going there it is mostly a university as a last resort unless you have low expectations. People dont want to go to uws i read and thats why their acceptance standards keeep going lower and lower.

Im just having a crack at the uni, not the students stop being so patriotic guys.

BTW - But yeah if you change the name and take out the western that will fix everything dingo lol, but to be seirous its not a bad idea man...but id rather u protest to get lights at the basketball court at parra.

Last edited:

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
tattoodguy said:
look at uws parra next to the library what the fuck is that???/ why dont they demolish that thing --- tight arses.

thats a crematorium, it has historical value. thats y it is still there.

dont forget the orphanage at the back of the nursing building which is like 100 yrs old.

and the fact that uws parra use to be a psychiatric facility during the 70's

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
tattoodguy said:
Im just having a crack at the uni, not the students stop being so patriotic guys.
That's complete and utter bullshit and you know it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)