partner vs. best friend (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
this might not make sense but bear with me.

would you consider your partner/bf/gf/lover your best friend? (if you're single, would you want them to be?)

should a partner just be a best friend with sexy benefits? or should they be in their own separate category?

placebo101

HSC
i consider my gf my best friend.. but in a different way from my best male friend. u just can't muck around and do 'guy' stuff with ur gf no matter how close u are (well at least i dont think so).

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Depends.

I have to keep making sure my boyfriend of 3+ years is not just my best friend with "benefits" where I slip into that weird sense of being just comfortable. There's more than that. Much much more. I can't really describe it.

I personally put it in a seperate category yes. Although that's not to say your partner can't be your best friend.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
a friend is someone you can bitch about your s/o when you are having fights therefore s/o =/= best friend.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't say best friend, but atleast a good friend would be nice. When the 'honeymoon' period of the relationship comes to an end, companionship and trust carries it forward. So in my opinion, best friend is ideal.. but if not, atleast a good friend.

HSC
I'd consider mine to be my best friend while still having things above and beyond that, and those things aren't just sexual.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
I always want to keep the two seperate.

If I break up with my partner, I want to have my best friend(s) there. I guess I follow the "don't put all your eggs in the one basket" philosophy.

Redgoddess

HSC
Hm tricky. I dunno, whenever I've been in relationships I've trusted my partner and told them about everything that was going on in my head, but at the same time i dont think they're your best friend. they're separate. they should still be a great friend, but yeah, it's important to keep your best friend happy too - they're someone to talk to about your relationship who has a different perspective, and they're the one whose support you'll need if the relationship falls apart. Also yeah you can't just hang out and do guy/girl things with your g/f or b/f - so they're not your best friend, they're in a special category of their own.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I like going to the cricket, checking out chicks, drinking beer and doing the thing where you squeeze your wang behind your legs and make it look like you have a muff with my best friends.

I don't like having sex with them.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i wouldnt say my bf's my best friend, though he is my closest male friend. i do/talk about stuff with my best friends that i wouldnt talk about/do with my bf, and vice-versa

close to a best friend, but definitely a separate category

HSC
yeah .. it would be hard to pick ..

now im confused........ hehe but ppl say that friends normally last, while love normally doesnt.. i dunno. maybe i've been brainwashed by all these korean series , ive been watching lately.

nwatts

HSC
i think the concept of "best friends" causes shitloads more trouble than it is worth

i've seen sooo many fights between female friends over this ridiculous branding

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
yeh.. i would consider my bf as bestfriend &/or a brother that cares and looks out for ya, go shopping, have conversations, play games with etc.. though it contains some intimacy with it.

Skeeta

HSC
I would have loved to have two separate categories, but they have been smushed into one, when my friends dropped me like hot shit... Fuckers. So after four years i have one category. Which is freaking me out, as now i'm wanting more freedom.. and its just getting more serious.

:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)