Passwords for Internet (1 Viewer)

bboy-brandt

HSC
Whats the big idea of having passwords for loggin onto the actual internet?! its the biggest load of crap and so annoying having to login each time you open IE, my school just got one of those interactive whiteboards that you can teleconference with oher shools and if you are having a lesson and put in a link, you have to login. Biggest waist of time.

if it logged in automatically when you login to your school account thatd be alright but such a waist of time tho...

And hotmail... y block hotmail and yahoo etc. ?! its so bogas

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
So they know who is looking at what, where and when on the interent.
They block hotmail and things like that because its not school related

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
lol sperrling? whast is tgha? stay in school and stop smoking.

its for security reasons, get used to it cause uni does it aswell, also every time you change to a new website. Its mostly so that if theres an 'incident' they can look over their logs and tell the media you were a frequenter of gaymatchmaker.com

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
If you want to go looking at banned stuff go to google. Then google translator and get it to translate al of your pages from english to english. Trust me it worked at my school.

Woo Post 100!

bboy-brandt

HSC
So lame caz i often send school work through hotmail to myself but now cant pretty stupid concept

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
bboy-brandt said:
Whats the big idea of having passwords for loggin onto the actual internet?! its the biggest load of crap and so annoying having to login each time you open IE, my school just got one of those interactive whiteboards that you can teleconference with oher shools and if you are having a lesson and put in a link, you have to login. Biggest waist of time.

if it logged in automatically when you login to your school account thatd be alright but such a waist of time tho...

And hotmail... y block hotmail and yahoo etc. ?! its so bogas
noob.

That is all.

voltagex

/dev/quip
HSC
Someone get end to end encryption going. Just because we're students doesn't mean we shouldn't have any privacy.

Raginsheep

HSC
Just cause your using someone else's internet connection that they paid for to play crappy flash games at lunch doesn't mean you should've have privacy....

sladehk

le random
HSC
i remeber the time of limitless school net and the unlimited size of accounts from NSB =.=
until they got a new tech admin called pillay and he was a haxor
and then.. we got the usual deal of 20mb account size and some net watching program =.=
he was so leet sauce he could see the top downloaders and most popular sites and everything i went to =.=

`kyttie

rawr.
HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
If you want to go looking at banned stuff go to google. Then google translator and get it to translate al of your pages from english to english. Trust me it worked at my school.

Woo Post 100!
It used to work for a while, until of course - much like all the students found out about it, all the teachers and IT admins etc found about it too. Now, with our new DET Portal filter system for school, it's blocked as an "Anonymizer". So are other proxy workarounds.

I've been messing around with ssh tunneling recently though on a few UNIX shells, but you have to pay for those darn shells, and the IT admin at our school knows a whole lot more about *nix systems than even I do. :confused:

Kaitlyn. :cool:

circusmind

HSC
voltagex said:
Someone get end to end encryption going. Just because we're students doesn't mean we shouldn't have any privacy.
Yeah!!!! RAGE AGAINST OPPRESSION!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)