Past notes/papers (1 Viewer)

amaccas

HSC
N/A
it's called finding the people who are more advanced in the course then you and convincing them to lend you their notes/papers! hahaha

or finding someone in ur subject thats in one such loop and getting forwarded the notes/papers.

makes life easier sometimes.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
aMUSED1977 is right. That said, so is amaccas. It's possible to get notes for subjects, but people aren't going to be competing with each other to give them to you.

Also, not making your own notes is ineffective, fail, blah blah blah.

= Jennifer =

HSC
Make your own notes don't be lazy. I have made my own notes throughout my whole time at university and i am surviving.

If you are going to use the excuse "oh I do not think I am doing it right", your uni has a library get an alternate book that may be able to explain it. If you are still unclear go see your tutor or lecturer.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
In my experience I have only been given them if the tutor decides to put them up on webct, sometimes they like to use questions from past papers so they dont always let you access them. Also they are sometimes pointless if they change the format or means of assessment.

Don't stress about past papers, your tute questions and assessment tasks (esp where these are problem questions) are a good guide to what you need to practice.

As for notes, I am never concise enough to make my own so I get my lecture notes and the notes I take in tutorials and combine them. Then I usually condense it to a one page cheatsheet with page reference for open book exams. For take-homes I just use my books and notes taken in class

maka

HSC
You dont get spoon fed anything at uni.

Usually I try and use the lecture notes given on WebCT but not all subjects offer lecture notes or ones that are detailed enough.

I only make notes for sit down exams. Take homes I just use the textbook etc.

Another practice that you may find works is finding a group of 3/4 friends in one of your tutes and dividing up the unit content by the weeks of semester. Then at the end of sem you can collate it and edit it to your requirements.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)