Past Paper Question (1 Viewer)

hscwav2012

HSC
Outline a procedure you would follow to produce a standard solution of lead ions at a concentration of 10 micrograms/100ml starting with a small quanitity of lead nitrate crystals.

Last edited:

7eleven

HSC
N/A
It can't be deduced with the given info whether it is stronger or weaker, however it can definitely be concluded that Acid A is stronger than Acid B.
So to answer ur question, not necessarily.

HSC
N/A
Outline a procedure you would follow to produce a standard solution of lead ions at a concentration of 10 micrograms/100ml starting with a small quanitity of lead nitrate crystals.
Oh, cmon. you just cant change the q. after it's been answered

post it separately.

dawooddaman

HSC
LOL what the fuck you changed the Q. why did you just add so other could see the Q.?

HSC
N/A
also, that's just the normal method of producing a standard solution.

- heat in oven until constant mass
- calculate mass needed
- weigh in beaker which has been zero'd
- dissolve with distilled water
- transfer into volumetric flask and wash all sides in contact with mixture
- place the lid on and invert 3 times

deswa1

HSC
also, that's just the normal method of producing a standard solution.

- heat in oven until constant mass
- calculate mass needed
- weigh in beaker which has been zero'd
- dissolve with distilled water
- transfer into volumetric flask and wash all sides in contact with mixture
- place the lid on and invert 3 times
You probs know this but just in case make sure you mention the size of the volumetric flask (I lost a mark for this in trials) -> for example: was placed in a 250 mL volumetric flask. Do calculations depending on the question (for example, 10g of X was dissolved in 100mL of distilled water -> this has to match up with question data). Also you have to mention the graduation mark or whatever-> this ensures the accuracy of the solution

HSC
N/A
You probs know this but just in case make sure you mention the size of the volumetric flask (I lost a mark for this in trials) -> for example: was placed in a 250 mL volumetric flask. Do calculations depending on the question (for example, 10g of X was dissolved in 100mL of distilled water -> this has to match up with question data). Also you have to mention the graduation mark or whatever-> this ensures the accuracy of the solution
ahhhh, completely forgot about the graduation mark D:
use a pastuer pipette for the last few mls to get the meniscus, right?

thanks brah :D

dawooddaman

HSC
shipwrecks

it's not that it's hard per se, it's all just memorising useless shit and knowing the experiments.
Do Industrial =(

Think all option are the same just BS, require no out of the box thinking or calculations =/

HSC
N/A
Do Industrial =(

Think all option are the same just BS, require no out of the box thinking or calculations =/
i just have a really bad memory, and short attention span. but i will actually force myself to study when i get home. family gathering and uncle's house atm

dawooddaman

HSC
i just have a really bad memory, and short attention span. but i will actually force myself to study when i get home. family gathering and uncle's house atm
family gathering, lucky you’re not middle eastern brother, family gathering are apart of the job, happen every week plus we breed like crazy, so you have 20 plus kids fucking around, last night one eat the box of bird seeds LOL

HSC
N/A
family gathering, lucky you’re not middle eastern brother, family gathering are apart of the job, happen every week plus we breed like crazy, so you have 20 plus kids fucking around, last night one eat the box of bird seeds LOL
ahahahah wtf

my bestfriend is leb, so i'm sort of familiar with how family orientated you all are :p

p.s. i'm a chick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)