Past papers? (1 Viewer)

keeski

HSC
Hi everyone,
I've just started off doing my past papers (yes I know I should have started ages ago, but hey what can you do) and i was wondering if its still beneficial to be doing them with my exam notes open? If I can I go without for some questions I do, but I can't seem to remember anything from my first topics without the notes with me :S
I am planning to do some in exam conditions a little way down the track, but I haven't started properly studying yet, just trying to get all my work done. :mad2:

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Hey Keeski

Well it's not a bad idea to do it with open notes, as long as you still are working over the past papers. I got a'lot stuff going on lately but yeah I reckon it's not a bad idea. Also, for what subject/s is the past papers you are doing on?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's personal preference but you will need to do some blind tests - otherwise, do blind tests and go over what you couldn't do.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I would go over it without notes and then reattempt the question with your notes (but that's just what i do)

keeski

HSC
I'm going to try and do past papers for biology, chemistry and maths, but I think I'll only do open book ones for maths and chem because those are the hardest :p

FreeLearner

HSC
I think you should be trying to do NO BOOK for maths, since its best to try doing everything, then mark them and see what you got wrong. But in the end it depends on how well you know your maths topics, if your way behind then yh, you should just be doing exercises/past papers with openbook now. GOOD LUCK

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Sounds like a good plan, but try to do the maths paper without an open book. If you need help with clarifying anything, just ask :)

findx

HSC
Revise you topics first then do the test without notes. No point in doing a past paper while having to look at your notes constantly

M

MichelleV

I did the past papers with no notes.
When marking, I would correct my mistakes by reviewing my notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)