PC or consoles (1 Viewer)

Which is a better gaming platform, considering all aspects?

• PC

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Consoles

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

spudwick

HSC
which is a better gaming platform, PC or consoles?

i thought i'd open this thread because of interesting discussions in the XBox 360 v PS3 v Wii poll.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Consoles. Only games I consider PC better for are FPS.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
uhawww said:
And RTS, RPG's to a lesser extent too. Using a controller to access an inventory is just annoyingly inefficient.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
consoles are much more convenient and orientated around a social situation. so big plus there. but you can get awesome games for pc. so i'm torn.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Ahh, Brilliant! Don't know why i didn't think of making this thread myself.

PC all the way.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
uhawww said:
You forget RTS, TBS, RP and MMORPG.

Hedgy

HSC
Cmon you all' See the light PC FTW!!

When i look at the price of the new gen console's, i go WOW that'd buy me a Beastie Graphix card.

Id personally rather spend the money on a graphix upgrade i atleast then know that i can play at 1600X1200 on my 21inch with some AA and enjoi eyecandy and better control with WASD.
Also i can easily download and apply any patches or 3rd party mods as i see fit

compared to sitting a few metres back and lookn at terrible stretched graphics across a tv screen just doesnt do it for me i guess.

IVe got nothing against consoles themselves, once modded they make great little media boxes for the price, i just cant stand the majority of 12 year old fanboi's who read the 'official' console magazines and think they have an understanding of game theory @_@

Maybe if they read the gamer's quartely eh

anywai's my 2 cents

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
S1M0 said:
You forget RTS, TBS, RP and MMORPG.
I agree with RTS, but incase you didn't realise I said I consider. The MMOs I've played have been much easier to handle with a control (I guess having to use a keyboard on a console was annoying though, but still), as have RPGs in general (in reply to waf).
So please, don't twist my opinion with your biased views. I just find gaming with a keyboard shit really.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hedgy said:
Cmon you all' See the light PC FTW!!

When i look at the price of the new gen console's, i go WOW that'd buy me a Beastie Graphix card.

Id personally rather spend the money on a graphix upgrade i atleast then know that i can play at 1600X1200 on my 21inch with some AA and enjoi eyecandy and better control with WASD.
Also i can easily download and apply any patches or 3rd party mods as i see fit

compared to sitting a few metres back and lookn at terrible stretched graphics across a tv screen just doesnt do it for me i guess.

IVe got nothing against consoles themselves, once modded they make great little media boxes for the price, i just cant stand the majority of 12 year old fanboi's who read the 'official' console magazines and think they have an understanding of game theory @_@

Maybe if they read the gamer's quartely eh

anywai's my 2 cents
Um, to play any game at the quality of something like Gears of War you'd need a $2000+ computer at the very least. PC gaming is more expensive for the same quality graphics.

EDIT: Hahahahahahaha @ the irony of the "game theory" sentence.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
uhawww said:
I agree with RTS, but incase you didn't realise I said I consider. The MMOs I've played have been much easier to handle with a control (I guess having to use a keyboard on a console was annoying though, but still), as have RPGs in general (in reply to waf).
So please, don't twist my opinion with your biased views. I just find gaming with a keyboard shit really.
k.

I wasn't arguing, twisting your opinion or doing anything like that. Just noting a point that you've forgotten. Wasn't being hostile in any way whatsoever.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
withoutaface said:
Um, to play any game at the quality of something like Gears of War you'd need a $2000+ computer at the very least. PC gaming is more expensive for the same quality graphics.

EDIT: Hahahahahahaha @ the irony of the "game theory" sentence.
Nowadays $1800 can last you a while, depending on what you get.

You pay premium for the best, but if you're budget conscious then console are good value for money.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
generally consoles. Although for certain fps games i would prefer to play them on my PC. Consoles are simple to set up, rarely have any bugs or crash downs (though my wii was the first console that i own to actually not work - got a new one several days later) and are a heck of a lot cheaper. A console has a good 3 years life. PC are outdated soo quickly in terms of top-of-the-line games.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I personally love consoles more because I'm a huge fan of platformers, and lack the attention span for things like RTS.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
withoutaface said:
I personally love consoles more because I'm a huge fan of platformers, and lack the attention span for things like RTS.
Oh yeah, platformers, i forgot about them. I'm a HUGE fan of them as well.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
id much prefer PC gaming. its been a while since i played consoles, but im guessing theres still very much of a focus the single player aspects.

i dont think theres too many console games which can pull off a good multiplayer. as mentioned earlier competitive online MMORPG/FPS/RTSs just dont work on consoles. all consoles have going for them are button mashing fight games and sport games.

nothing beats having ingame mic/text convos with xfire/msn/music running in the background, alt tabbing between other tasks when you have a spare moment, being able to set up a game with your friends at the copy paste of an ip, being able to communicate with a group of people without having to hear several tones of 12 year old voices overlapping.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)