PDHPE exam was a sick joke (1 Viewer)

kristylee_

HSC
N/A
it got scaled down last year
im not complaining that the exam was too hard or anything... i quite enjoyed the multiple choice and cores... i couldve written 3 pages on FITT but turned over to find no more room!!!
its just the fact that i put so much time and effort into studying for it and doing past papers... it was such a waste.
The option topics were just worded pathetically and although it confused the hell out of a lot of us, we tried our best

if u cant blind them with brilliance... baffle them with bullshit
that was my motto for options

Sarah_Lou

hsc ova
HSC
kristylee_ said:
it got scaled down last year
im not complaining that the exam was too hard or anything... i quite enjoyed the multiple choice and cores... i couldve written 3 pages on FITT but turned over to find no more room!!!
its just the fact that i put so much time and effort into studying for it and doing past papers... it was such a waste.
The option topics were just worded pathetically and although it confused the hell out of a lot of us, we tried our best

if u cant blind them with brilliance... baffle them with bullshit
that was my motto for options
lol, i like that motto!

i was so bored in the exam, just wishing it to end, there was nothing GOOD to talk about. i was hoping for nutrition, ottawa, etc all the stuff where u can actually show them that u have done work. i thought the first half was ok, but the options was bull, i wish they had asked an altitude thing or SOMETHING where you can say 'yes, ive studied'. i was just bored the whole time.

johnny_87

HSC
Yeh stuff like Ottawa, environmental considerations, physiological responses/adaptations, dietary considerations and energy systems would have allowed me to possibly push for a band 6, but no chance now. I still can't believe the absurdity of the options sections. How do the BOS actually approve of these questions!?!?!?

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Although I don't do Sports Medicine, the rest of my school does. I think that they would have beenhappy with the topic as they had an ethics question for their trial..

KYKYJ

HSC
Yup. . don't kno wat u guys were complaining about. . me and my teacher went through the exam after and we both agreed that it was the most esy test EVER. . (he even laughed at some of other student who said they found it hard- i think that was a bit slack) but yea the exam seemed way 2 easy. . .and i jus had bio this mornin and it was easy aswell . .the only hard one so far was the 2/3 unit exam!
well i think swearing isn't gonna help it now or will it ever help a situation so yea.. . .

Chelski

It wasn't that boring for me, just because it didn't take very long to do. I finished the multiple choice in 7 minutes, and the whole thing in 2 hours. Even with checking answers, writing plans for every response and highlighting key terms, I still left early.

johnny_87

HSC
Sarah Lou - You're right there! The following topics are not so boring and stimulate some sort of interest:

Ottawa Charter
Environmental considerations
Physiological responses/adaptations
Dietary considerations
Energy systems

Of course, none of these sections were quizzed in any sort of detail.

chloe169

finance yo
HSC
totally, totally fucked.

since when is ethics worth 15 fucking marks in the syllabus?!

i am so fucking pissed off... there goes health down the drain. i was relying on that exam too.. i dont see how they got away with making questions like that, they were totally out of line with the past papers, i thought they were meant to standardise them?

what a bullshit exam. i came home and threw all my school stuff out, even for the subjects i havent done yet. i am so over it... hsc has got to be the most traumatising thing ive ever experienced.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
chloe169 said:
totally, totally fucked.

since when is ethics worth 15 fucking marks in the syllabus?!

i am so fucking pissed off... there goes health down the drain. i was relying on that exam too.. i dont see how they got away with making questions like that, they were totally out of line with the past papers, i thought they were meant to standardise them?

what a bullshit exam. i came home and threw all my school stuff out, even for the subjects i havent done yet. i am so over it... hsc has got to be the most traumatising thing ive ever experienced.
Well that was stupid.

Miss Baby

HSC
An Alternate Perspective

To all those students complaining about the severity of the PE exam, as a teacher I can only agree with your general feeling of disappointment over the questions asked.
It baffles me that the examiners could choose such obscure topics and assign excessive marks to them.
Where was the Ottawa Charter? You teach and preach the thing for 2 years just to find that it is not considered important enough to examine.
In general, NOT FAIR!!!!!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Miss Baby said:
To all those students complaining about the severity of the PE exam, as a teacher I can only agree with your general feeling of disappointment over the questions asked.
It baffles me that the examiners could choose such obscure topics and assign excessive marks to them.
Where was the Ottawa Charter? You teach and preach the thing for 2 years just to find that it is not considered important enough to examine.
In general, NOT FAIR!!!!!
No offense intended, but how can you say that it wasn't a 'fair' exam. What did the BOS do that was 'unfair'? All questions asked were derived directly from the syllabus - a resource that you, as a teacher, should be very familiar with. If you didn't teach the course in a way that ensured your students understood the fact that they should know everything from the syllabus; that everything is of equal value; and that there is an equal chance that anything can be tested, you are failing in your job as a teacher. And why would you ask, "Where was the Ottawa Charter?" What the heck?? You want them to put the same parts of the syllabus in the exam every year? lol

I honestly hope you are not a teacher a simply a disgruntled student.

Picle

HSC
its true well said hypertrophey....and just to note i went bad in the exam hahaha i for one did not know the whole syllabus haha

runboynick

I thought that the exam was entirely fair in the questions that they asked. It comes down to how prepared you were and how knowledgable you were of the syllabus and how good your knowledge is on different types of sports. Comparing this exam to legal studies which was unfair in the questions they asked, i found this one still challenging but i knew what was meant to be asked from the questions. The exam wasnt as easy as past pdhpe exams, but because it is a low scaling subject, they perhaps made it more difficult so more band 6's could be achieved. The hsc isn't meant to be easy, if you want to do well you need to put in the effort and study.

MCOLT

HSC
my olnly major beef was that half the improving performance question was too fair enough how to improve skill theres 3 points for that but the second part was how does an athlete improve performance was too broad maybe if that made the athlete sport specific like how does a gymnast or sprint athlete improve performance this allows us to better show our knowledge like for gymnast u talk about flexibility training in depth but because question was too broad the only thing u could do was briefly touch on each way to improve performance

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
In our halfyearlies, trials and HSC we didnt get one ottowa charter question. Our teacher promised us one for the HSC but u cant have everything...

Theres no point complaining, because you cant change anything... just be grateful that you didnt get the improving perfom. 15markers form a few years ago on technology.

As my teacher pointed out, the critically examine ones are about spreading the canditure. i dont know how i did but it was at least an interesting and challenging question.

neafoo

HSC
i couldve killed a question on technology, we did an assessment on it ;D

Wazmatron

HSC
What an enormous range in the difficulty of questions! Some of the multiple choice was too easy yet some questions were absolute doosies.

I agree with all who have posted before me in that the electives were quite sus, like that Sport Med. question "Outline the barriers for the use of protective equipment in sport", you can interpret the word 'barriers' in so many ways that could all prove relevent to the topic - I basically wrote two answers for that question where I said that 'the barriers could also mean....".

Overall that was one weird test, very different to many of the past papers I had practised for this subject!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)