PDHPE Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

heatblaster34

HSC
Quite suprised no one started a thread on this subject.... Anyways, what do you guys think about the exam tomorrow?

Also, what options did you choose this year?

nini.nico

HSC
tbh im kinda scared for the long responses
our school picked improving performance and the health of young people, which is basically very similar to core one and core two, but i have no idea what they will throw at us
multiple choice usually throws me off, especially with the last 3 questions they can get very confusing to me
the short answer is probably something that i'm somewhat confident in, but im not sure if what i write will be enough

heatblaster34

HSC
our school picked improving performance and the health of young people, which is basically very similar to core one and core two, but i have no idea what they will throw at us
For us, all of the pdhpe cohort had to study Sports Medicine and for the 2nd option- half of the people did either The Health of Young People (what I picked) or Improving Performance. Also, the last 3 questions of the multiple choice do include a table format question as seen in nearly every past paper. I wonder if they use this approach for this year’s exam.

nini.nico

HSC
For us, all of the pdhpe cohort had to study Sports Medicine and for the 2nd option- half of the people did either The Health of Young People (what I picked) or Improving Performance. Also, the last 3 questions of the multiple choice do include a table format question as seen in nearly every past paper. I wonder if they use this approach for this year’s exam.
oh it's interesting that you guys were able to pick your second option. did you have classes for the options you personally picked or was it mostly based off self-study?
and yea last three questions usually come in either graph or table format, or something related to statistics in terms of core 1 or something related to the energy systems for core 2. i hate them so much 😭

Leadmen4y

HSC
I hope they don't throw in a 8 marker for ottawa charter/social justice for core 1, and preferably not recovery strategies or assessment of performance for core 2. I'm so screwed for the options tbh (sports med + improving performance here), especially rehab for sports med and periodisation for improving performance.

zizi2003_

HSC
tbh im kinda scared for the long responses
multiple choice usually throws me off, especially with the last 3 questions they can get very confusing to me
the short answer is probably something that i'm somewhat confident in, but im not sure if what i write will be enough
what do u reckon health of young people will be on? i hope it's on one of the skills again

zizi2003_

HSC
I hope they don't throw in a 8 marker for ottawa charter/social justice for core 1, and preferably not recovery strategies or assessment of performance for core 2
i second this
also, i hope they dont ask anything from CQ 4 of factors affecting performance 😭

Leadmen4y

HSC
I'm gonna get an english paper 2 flashback tmr for sure, my hand was gone after mod b essay which is the equivalent of finishing core 1 + core 2 and half of one option for PDH I think. feel like writing wise pe is one of the worst lol

Leadmen4y

HSC
i second this
also, i hope they dont ask anything from CQ 4 of factors affecting performance 😭
CQ 4 is all rote other than the last dot point with assessment of performance imo, I remember doing a 8 marker where I didn't know anything so I just bsed like 300 words about characteristics of skilled performers n got severely roasted by my teacher and a 1/8 XD

zizi2003_

HSC
I'm gonna get an english paper 2 flashback tmr for sure, my hand was gone after mod b essay which is the equivalent of finishing core 1 + core 2 and half of one option for PDH I think. feel like writing wise pe is one of the worst lol
OMLLL it's even worse for me since i just did my history exam today and have pdh right tomz. we all gonna get carpal tunnel at this point 💀

zizi2003_

HSC
CQ 4 is all rote other than the last dot point with assessment of performance imo, I remember doing a 8 marker where I didn't know anything so I just bsed like 300 words about characteristics of skilled performers n got severely roasted by my teacher and a 1/8 XD
AHHAHA fr pdhpe is all about bsing good examples tbh. And I absolutely hate questions on the Ottawa Charter or social justice principles

Leadmen4y

HSC
OMLLL it's even worse for me since i just did my history exam today and have pdh right tomz. we all gonna get carpal tunnel at this point 💀
how much u planning to write for the 12 markers for options? i swear I wrote like 500 words for an 8 marker for the options (but it was in online trials where we typed it) and still got 7/8 because I 'didn't cover all the dotpoints', I don't even know what to expect for the standards anymore. like some teachers say that u can cover a few dot points in extensive details other say all of them in less details like ffs

zizi2003_

HSC
how much u planning to write for the 12 markers for options? i swear I wrote like 500 words for an 8 marker for the options (but it was in online trials where we typed it) and still got 7/8 because I 'didn't cover all the dotpoints', I don't even know what to expect for the standards anymore. like some teachers say that u can cover a few dot points in extensive details other say all of them in less details like ffs
honestly as long as you have definitions and bs some rlly detailed examples, youre gonna get the marks
and yess, 500 words seem good. Usually for a 12 marker i write around 6ish pages but thats also because my handwriting is huge whilst for an 8 marker around 4 pages should suffice?

Leadmen4y

HSC
honestly as long as you have definitions and bs some rlly detailed examples, youre gonna get the marks
and yess, 500 words seem good. Usually for a 12 marker i write around 6ish pages but thats also because my handwriting is huge whilst for an 8 marker around 4 pages should suffice?
no way i'd finish on time writing that much lol though the word to mark ratio is significantly lower in core 1/2 responses so maybe I'll have like 90+ mins for both options, they're they hardest part of the exam to get band 6 imo

nini.nico

HSC
what do u reckon health of young people will be on? i hope it's on one of the skills again
i feel like they're gonna give us the last dot point or major issues affecting the health of young people
i honestly hope they don't bc those the last syllabus dot point is my worst

nini.nico

HSC
I hope they don't throw in a 8 marker for ottawa charter/social justice for core 1, and preferably not recovery strategies or assessment of performance for core 2. I'm so screwed for the options tbh (sports med + improving performance here), especially rehab for sports med and periodisation for improving performance.
we've done so much ottawa charter content at school i have answers memorised lmao
assessment of performance can go choke bc i actually don't remember anything from there, but i kinda like recovery strategies

nini.nico

HSC
you guys count words? our teacher usually tells us to write 3-4 pages for 12 markers, and around 1.5-2 pages for 8 markers in options

nini.nico

HSC
yea pdh is just a lot of writing like you can't even catch a break with 3 markers because the content asked has a lot and you don't even know where to start

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)