Peer Support (1 Viewer)

HSC
Does anybody agree;
PEER SUPPORT IS PURE EVIL!!!

i did peer support, and i hated it so much. my friend and i did it coz we thought it would be a bit of fun and our year advisor chose us for it. our group of year sevens were absolultey awful, we got a smart class, but the dumb students (a teacher said that), they hated us and we hated them.
my friend actually quit coz he couldnt take them anymore.
did anybody else hav any experiences like this?

HSC
well year 11 students get a group of about 10 year 7 nightmares and are expected to help them with the pressures of a new school. we teach (or try to) them about peer pressure, studying, exams etc. this happens 1 period a week for 1-2 terms.

2ndbest

Erratic Member
HSC
at our school the yr 10s do it, so i did it last year thinking it was the best excuse to get out of class. boy was i wrong! i swear we were not as loud and disrespectful as those little bratty yr 7s are! gosh i sound like a grandparent.... lol

HSC
i did peer supporet back in year 9, and i have come to the conclusion that.....year 7's are crazy, hyperactive and quite frankily....absurd

i hope i wasn't that delusional when i was in year 7

w00dy.

HSC
i do peer support, and peer mediation. luckily i havent had to do any peer mediating yet. but peer support for us at our school only really happens like once a term or something and at the end of the year we get to all go on an exciting *note sarcasm* excursion for a few days with the little year 7 groups that we have tried to control on those various days previously held throughout the year.

but a few of my friends have had that experience with their groups. myself included. but we were all lucky that when we do that a teacher generally comes around every so often and supervises also. so at least some sort of normality can be maintained.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
makedamnsure101 said:
Does anybody agree;

i did peer support, and i hated it so much. my friend and i did it coz we thought it would be a bit of fun and our year advisor chose us for it. our group of year sevens were absolultey awful, we got a smart class, but the dumb students (a teacher said that), they hated us and we hated them.
Mmm well I go to an all boys school and i'm a peer support leader with a buddy, where we take care of a group of 7 boys. To be honest, it's not hard at all. My group is the 'non brightest' group (so harsh..) but they actually co-operate and interact real well.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Ah the joys of a senior campus and no year 7 students and no peer support. Only ever done that in primary school...

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I've got a soft spot for cute little children for some twisted reason. so, mOofin <3's her peer support kids.

And btw, cross-age peer tutoring sounds really cool :)

Sofstar

HSC
makedamnsure101 said:
well year 11 students get a group of about 10 year 7 nightmares and are expected to help them with the pressures of a new school. we teach (or try to) them about peer pressure, studying, exams etc. this happens 1 period a week for 1-2 terms.
:)

HSC
yoakim said:
Mmm well I go to an all boys school and i'm a peer support leader with a buddy, where we take care of a group of 7 boys. To be honest, it's not hard at all. My group is the 'non brightest' group (so harsh..) but they actually co-operate and interact real well.
When i called the members of my peer support group 'dumb' i wasn't being 'harsh' i was being truthful. they just didn't seem to understand where myself and my friend were coming from. thankfully their maths teacher (really scary, eyes in the back of head and extremly strict) heard of our plight and kept an eye on our group. as for the dumb comment their english teacher said it to my friend. my school is co - ed and im not being sexist, but the boys were really bad influence on the girls.

HSC
makedamnsure101 said:
When i called the members of my peer support group 'dumb' i wasn't being 'harsh' i was being truthful. they just didn't seem to understand where myself and my friend were coming from. thankfully their maths teacher (really scary, eyes in the back of head and extremly strict) heard of our plight and kept an eye on our group. as for the dumb comment their english teacher said it to my friend. my school is co - ed and im not being sexist, but the boys were really bad influence on the girls.
male power!

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
makedamnsure101 said:
Does anybody agree;

I dunno, I enjoyed being a peer support leader possibly because the kids i had to take care of were from the top class. They were enthusiastic and respected us and participated in all our planned activities, which meant that everyone had a great time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)