Pens Down (1 Viewer)

Haaalp

HSC
Pens Down. What does that mean specifically? No more writing what so ever or just none of the work section. Had a girl in my year continue writing her student numbers/centre numbers after they said it. They all rushed over telling her to stop but she continued.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
No more writing.

Students are allowed to fill in details like student number etc. if a supervisor is watching over them.

My school anyway.

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
Pens Down. What does that mean specifically? No more writing what so ever or just none of the work section. Had a girl in my year continue writing her student numbers/centre numbers after they said it. They all rushed over telling her to stop but she continued.
Pens down, means pens down. They gave us time after the exam to make sure our student numbers/school numbers were on each page and all the details are filled in correctly, they won't sign you off otherwise, so i'd wait.

This happened to me in a trial.

Haaalp

HSC
We had to have them all filled in by the end. Signed each of us off as we finished; bit annoying with all the movement and talking.

D94

HSC
N/A
It was all pens down, and then pens up again to fill in numbers etc. when the supervisors were watching.

michaeljennings

HSC
This occurred to me earlier, but when the supervisors are coming around to make sure all your papers are in order, at my school there are 200 people in my grade so the room is huge and this process took a long time. I realised after the exam that it would be really easy for some people to just keep writing stuff down while the supervisors arent looking. And unlike school exams, no one is going to dob on the person cheating because the better your school goes the better you go for the hsc... Just an interesting thought. Not that im gonna cheat

E

Effekt

We were never given time to fill in the booklets so i just filled my student number etc in after they said pens down after all she was telling people to make adjustments so i don't see why it matters.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Well it's not like you're going to make her hand in a paper without her number. Personally I waited til the end too, what a waste of time writing numbers + crap. They let us fill in most of it at the beginning though.

jamesfirst

HSC
lol man. When they said pens down, I spent 5 min editing my mistakes because they were going through how many booklets we've used...

so I might as well take full advantage of it... hopefully happens tmr as well :)

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
lol man. When they said pens down, I spent 5 min editing my mistakes because they were going through how many booklets we've used...

so I might as well take full advantage of it... hopefully happens tmr as well :)
Pretty easy to take a screenshot of this post + I can see your school and name. I'm sure the board would love to know about this.

D94

HSC
N/A
Pretty easy to take a screenshot of this post + I can see your school and name. I'm sure the board would love to know about this.
But there doesn't have to be any truth associated with what he said though.

I'm a terrorist. I'm sure the AFP would love to know about this.

:)

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC
Pens down was so scary, I had one sentence left to complete off my masterpiece... The granny supervisors were walking around slowly like cripples, I looked around and close was clear. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM, scribbled a 22 letter sentence lol

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
But there doesn't have to be any truth associated with what he said though.

I'm a terrorist. I'm sure the AFP would love to know about this.

:)
A real terrorist wouldnt admit it on a public forum

edit: you do know the real board of studies monitors this forum

Last edited:

jamesfirst

HSC
I was like fark when she said pens down. But I was checking my student number and dates and stuff and saw some mistake (didnt add a letter in a word). So corrected a few.

D94

HSC
N/A
A real terrorist wouldnt admit it on a public forum

edit: you do know the real board of studies monitors this forum
More to the point, until there is better evidence, I don't think it's enough to speculate, even though it probably did occur. Noting the BOS rules, "all claims must be substantiated", there's not much evidence to go on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)