People who continue to write after time's up. (2 Viewers)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
My school never did anything until English Yearly last year, when a teacher waited until the student finished writing, then picked it up, and wrote -3 on the paper.

Kinda slack. Didn't deserve -3 (essay was outta 15).

moz324

HSC
Matt1120 said:
No they do do stuff...(for ppl wondering we go to da same school) a certain person who kept writing in the english exam got penalised and warned 4 next time....
who was it?

Jess007

HSC
students at my school, just get told off no penalties which is unfair

Aplus

HSC
N/A
*Teacher says, "Start writing your last sentence."*
*Student starts writing a never ending sentence. Desperately adding commas, semi colons, colons, dashes and anything else that will make the sentence go on forever.*

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Aplus said:
*Teacher says, "Start writing your last sentence."*
*Student starts writing a never ending sentence. Desperately adding commas, semi colons, colons, dashes and anything else that will make the sentence go on forever.*
haha, who needs a full-stop when you can use 'and'?

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Well they're trying to keep a grammatical structure, but that is kind of hard to do when you start writing a sentence which becomes the length of a paragraph.

moz324

HSC
Matt1120 said:
Cj..he kept writing and worsfold came to collect and he was still goin.....cj had to see gd...he was warned he'll get zero and his last few paragraphs were crossed out.
kk

vnaidu26th

HSC
Well at my school, I've noticed that when the teachers says time's up...everyone does put their pens down unless writing their student number or name on something. And it's not like its a private skool or anything fancy. It's just a usual small town skool. It's not like it's a small skool coz it has 1200 students but I dunno, I guess ppl are just honest at our skool. It's weird coz if you met most of them then you'd think different.

Subjects:
English Standard
Maths General
Modern History
Society and Culture
Community and Family Studies
Eaxploring Early Childhood

ccc123

HSC
vnaidu26th said:
Well at my school, I've noticed that when the teachers says time's up...everyone does put their pens down unless writing their student number or name on something. And it's not like its a private skool or anything fancy. It's just a usual small town skool. It's not like it's a small skool coz it has 1200 students but I dunno, I guess ppl are just honest at our skool. It's weird coz if you met most of them then you'd think different.
I don't think it has anything to do with dishonesty, but desperation to finish.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
ccc123 said:
I don't think it has anything to do with dishonesty, but desperation to finish.
honesty must play a role in it.
Most people are deperate to finish but their honesty is what lets them accept that time is up and stop writing.

maybe honesty isnt the best word though.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I never write more than 5 seconds after pens down. I feel like I'm cheating others and myself. Makes me want to be better prepared for next time.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
tommykins said:
I never write more than 5 seconds after pens down. I feel like I'm cheating others and myself. Makes me want to be better prepared for next time.
ditto.
i dont think ive ever run out of time though. ive come close in extension english, but thats about it

bvl

HSC
i rarely if ever run out of time, and my schools normally pretty good about it. most of us dont normally need an extra minute. although...true story. last week we had exams, and one guy kept on writing after they said pens down. the teacher just walked up and took the page off him, then ripped it up. it was slack, but still pretty funny.

karnage

HSC
My school is sorta ok with people doing this, but when they spot you they kindly ask you to put the pen down.

I had this relief teacher supervising a physics exam once, he said pens down and began collecting the exams. My mate was still writing. He stood infront of him as if he was waiting for him to finish the sentence, then he picked up a pen and his paper and put a line through the paragraph he wrote after the exam time was over.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I did that in my English Paper 2 exam on Gwen Harwood. I had about two sentences to write, then the teacher said "pens down" and it totally threw me off! Wrote about four words in thirty seconds after that, since my handwriting was atrocious.

Our awesomely fantastico English teacher told us that even when they say "pens down", you are able to write for up to thirty seconds or so, just to finish the sentence that you're writing. I followed her advice. :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)