Period Pain Medication-GIRLS ONLY (1 Viewer)

ugly14

G0Ldën MëMbër
HSC
hey girls
just wondering what medication you take for period pains.....and which one works better (include... if its prescribed?/over the counter/any side effects?)
or any other way you overcome period pains. eg: hot shower

Kirika

HSC
well the most common is def naprogesic and it works really well, but it is kinda dear. they make chemists own ones but they dont seem to be as effective. neuron is also good. but if period pain is really bad you should see a dr and go on the pill.

HSC
N/A
All hail The Pill!

Although non-contraceptive-pill alternatives include Ponstan (works well if you take at ONSET of pain), and Buscopan. The latter is marketed for stomach cramps in general, but one of my friends who has terrible terrible terrible period pain swears that it's the only thing that actually works for her (she's tried Ponstan before). Both are avaliable over-the-counter, I think.

ediisjoz

HSC
NAPROGESIC!!!!!!!! YEh.. it may be expensive but its worth it and my parents dont seem to care when i need it... i get the worst period pain.. almost where i'm crying.. so yeh but hot showers can help sometimes... oh and also aspirin isnt too bad.. dont touch panadol - it doesnt do anything

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
hot water bottle and salt baths both help me relax, but nothing actually takes the pain away except Ponstan, which does but only for about 1.5 hours.

i can never sleep and i am always a total bitch. very jealous of girls with pain-free periods, mine feel exactly like swallowing broken glass...

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
mine are usually pretty bad... but i dont really take anything. my sis takes Feminax and says its really good.
i sometimes take Napro, as everyone else says... and its very good

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i take naprogesic and i think it works well, but that said, i don't get very bad pains at all

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
um i dont really get pain but when i do i find hot water bottles and some naprogesic are really good. also i dont know how this works, but it does: chewing ice. i tried that once on my mums advice and it actually does work.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Jumping on the naprogesic works wonders bandwagon. Also, I get my cat to sleep on my stomach. He's like a vibrating hot water bottle.

nuclear chick

HSC
i find any pain killers work but i take it as soon as i find i have my period, then it will work best. If you wait too long to take it, like when the pain gets bad, then it may not work. I also find for some reason that if i dont eat chocolate the week before my period comes it doesn't hurt much at all.

philly17

I dont find anything helps due to the fact I vomit all medication up! I have been given amoxil (stoping vomiting) maxolin, maxi forte asprine, napro, panadol, chinese herbs, homopath herbs, I dont believe in the pill due to it being cancerous! (has been reclassified as that by world health org be warned.) So yer hopefully any of those things help u guys cose nothing helps me.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I don't...namely coz I don't get period pain, lol...or the tiny bit of discomfort I do get on the first day is nothing compared to the other stresses my reproductive system has been through. Although, I here naprogesic works wonders.

Kirika

HSC
good shit hey! but only good for migraines, not period pain. i think u need to see someone about misuse capt! :)

Always

HSC
I learnt this yoga pose that's actually really, REALLY effective.

You lie on your back and press the soles of your feet together. Try to bring your feet as close to your body as you can. It's suppose to make you "open up" and thus, reduce cramping. The pain usually subsides after holding this pose for 10 mins.

Apparently masturbation helps with period pain as well. ;)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
on the yoga note, i know of another pose that's meant to be good for period pain:
lie on your back in front of a chair (something that's level with your knees when you're lying down). put your calves on the chair and relax. when you're ready, put your feet on the edge of the chair (where your knees were) and push your back up..hold for a min or 2, then relax for a bit. do that a couple of times.

if you want to extend it, instead of just holding it with your feet on the chair, lift your legs up (so that your lower back's off the floor) and support your back with your hands near your hips (at the back, and a touch higher). hold that for a bit & relax. if your back's sore, put your feet back on the chair & just hold that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)