Permutations in Extension 1 vs Extension 2 course (1 Viewer)

Deadlytivo

HSC
How do Permutations in extension 1 weigh in terms of difficulty, relative to the courses in extension 2 math

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
It depends on how you think. If you are very methodical and rote-learn steps to answering questions in maths it can be very hard. However, if you are an outside-the-box thinker, perms and combs can be very easy.

Deadlytivo

HSC
I think like a caveman so where does that leave me. Would I, a caveman like specimen, find the general topics in 4 unit harder than perms in 3 unit

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
How do Permutations in extension 1 weigh in terms of difficulty, relative to the courses in extension 2 math
How tasty are apples, relative to oranges? (though IMO oranges >>>> apples).

It really does depend on the student. I've had students who are good at everything else, but were poor at Perms + Combs. And visa versa.

But in general, many Extension 2 students still don't fully grasp and/or understand Perms + Combs.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
How tasty are apples, relative to oranges? (though IMO oranges >>>> apples).

It really does depend on the student. I've had students who are good at everything else, but were poor at Perms + Combs. And visa versa.

But in general, many Extension 2 students still don't fully grasp and/or understand Perms + Combs.
Debatable.

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
When I drop marks in extension 1 90% of the time it is from perms & combs. It will be my HSC downfall.

Makematics

HSC
Crap all this talk of perms and combs is scaring me, for i fear that it too will be my downfall. am i right in believing that doing question after question for practice will be useless or is the opposite true?

Deadlytivo

HSC
Funny enough, I got 100% in the test in the perm / comb section, which constituted towards 20 / 100 marks. Its the bloody circle geometry that was rather detrimental, since, by learning the hard way, that requires looking at a lot of past papers to do well in, which I didn't do. Perms and Combs I can apply it with logic almost entirely, whereas circle geo requires all this pre knowledge. Screw circle geo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)