pH experiment (1 Viewer)

*ccs*

what did u guys all do for this qustion? "the pH experiment"
i did the whole blowing through a straw into a test tube of water to demonstrate ph level in the blood...using a control and doin it twice for an average for reliability

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
We had this question in our trials. How cool.

I didnt do the blowing one. I did calcium carbonate in sulfuric acid and measure pH but both are valid answers. I wrote both in my trials but decided to write just the one this time.

*ccs*

aww thats cool then havin it in ur trial..(my trial exp was the natural selection one) i did the blowin co2 into the test tube one for an assessment so it was pretty easy...i havent done any other ones like urs.. i can still remember doin the bloody enzyme one tho with a student teacher.....i think we did it like 3 times hahah lucky it wasnt that one

Pidgeon_Pete

HSC
yeh you could do either, and we also had the question in our trials so i suppose we got lucky. So really i learnt 15 experiments for basically nothing, ohh yeh i did the blowing through a straw one.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
o_O whoa, there seems to be many different ones. As for I, I did the blowing one (nothing dirty XD)

*ccs*

haha the "blowing" exp does sound a bit well...... nah i think that was proly one of the easier experiments to do.....i dont really think i learnt like 10 off by heart.. but i knew that one....Thank god.

console

In mine i talked about 5 test-tubes set up...followed by a set ratio of carbonated water:distalled...put 2 drops of indicater...measured it n dats it...
reliability: each tube was calculated to a set amount of water....n dats it

*ccs*

i had
tt1- neutral (they all have same amount of water so control=water
tt2- blow for 1 min variable= time)
tt3- blow for 2 min
tt4-blow for 3 min

record all pH levels with Universal indicator

then i had do it twice to find the average (to make it somewhat reliable)

thats all i did :)

elisabeth

HSC
kyu_chan said:
o_O whoa, there seems to be many different ones. As for I, I did the blowing one (nothing dirty XD)
Bio is all about innuendo! Who else here thinks of "red hot pussy" for the inflammation response? :p

kyu_chan

HSC
Ahahah!! I didn't intend blowing to sound like that ^^'' XD

And yehh... far man, I hate the pracs so much, I really liked the blowing one cos it was easiest ^_~ And thank god there wasn't the measuring red blood cell's one *relief*

kyu_chan

HSC
elisabeth said:
Bio is all about innuendo! Who else here thinks of "red hot pussy" for the inflammation response? :p
Wahahaha!! I know... it is!! (I took physics last year and that was way worse of innuendos!!)

But no... where's the derivative of "red hot pussy" XD XD =P HAhaha!!!

kyu_chan

HSC
*ccs* said:
yes very lucky indeed coz i dont think i measured any blood cells lol
O_O wtf!! for real? XD hahahaha!! Ohhh wow, lucky!! *high fives* XD I even hate that activity XD let alone write it out ><

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
It was a more maths based problem from memory. You had to estimate the number of red blood cells on a given size and use the scale as a factor.

kyu_chan

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Blood cell measurement was a pain in the 2003 HSC
Aww, poor you!! *pats* XD We got lucky~!

And *ccs, lets be grateful that it wasn't in the exam ^^ *forgot about what that exp was about* HAha!!

*ccs*

lol i am SOOOO glad it wasnt there haha i dont think i would have remembered it anyways even if i did do it....welllll luck was on my side for that question sooo hopefully it will be for all of my answers *wishful thinking*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)