Pharmacy at Usyd (1 Viewer)

mstudent

HSC
Hi I know that people might have asked this question already, but I am in need of help.

I applied to Pharmacy at Usyd, my ATAR was only 91.5, and my stat score was 152. In other words I didn’t do well at all. But I was wondering if there was still hope for the later rounds.

I know that I’m pushing my luck here but I was just wondering if there was still chance. Thank you for all the help.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
this is the wrong forum

i think you should ask a moderator to move your topic to the correct forum so youll get answers

whimagent

HSC
Check the ATAR cut-offs of 2010. Next to each course should be either a (V) for vacancy or nothing to indicate it's full. I'm pretty sure USYD pharmacy had a full house this year though. But that doesn't nesscessarily mean you don't get in. If someone ignores their offer (which is likely to happen), you might get a chance (not sure).

Oh and passing STAT is just consider/reject criteria for USYD. If you pass STAT, you don't have to worry about those with higher STAT scores getting preference (they won't).

Last edited:

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Check the ATAR cut-offs of 2010. Next to each course should be either a (V) for vacancy or nothing to indicate it's full. I'm pretty sure USYD pharmacy had a full house this year though. But that doesn't nesscessarily mean you don't get in. If someone ignores their offer (which is likely to happen), you might get a chance (not sure).

Oh and passing STAT is just consider/reject criteria for USYD. If you pass STAT, you don't have to worry about those with higher STAT scores getting preference (they won't).
For pharmacy, UAC doesn't disclose the cut-off because there is an additional selection criteria (STAT). They do it to avoid confusion I think. Next to pharmacy there is an N/A rather than an ATAR cut-off.

USYD usually releases the cut off anyway. So you could call them and ask. With your Atar, there might be a chance. As said, depends on how many people reject/defer.

whimagent

HSC
For pharmacy, UAC doesn't disclose the cut-off because there is an additional selection criteria (STAT). They do it to avoid confusion I think. Next to pharmacy there is an N/A rather than an ATAR cut-off.

USYD usually releases the cut off anyway. So you could call them and ask. With your Atar, there might be a chance. As said, depends on how many people reject/defer.
That's not relevant to what I said. Next to each course (Pharmacy included) there's either a (V) or no (V). If there is a (V) it means the course has vacancy. I just checked the cut-offs. There's no vacancies in the Pharmacy course at USYD after the main round.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
That's not relevant to what I said. Next to each course (Pharmacy included) there's either a (V) or no (V). If there is a (V) it means the course has vacancy. I just checked the cut-offs. There's no vacancies in the Pharmacy course at USYD after the main round.
No (V) next to the course means there is CURRENTLY no vacancies for the course. In other words they have sent out offers to enough people. But if people reject/defer, there will be vacancies and an offer will be made.

Just cos there is no (V) dusnt mean there wont be any offers. There is still some chance. Just depends on how many people reject/defer.

Last edited:

gh0stface

HSC
hmm, is there any chance of getting a offer in the final round? i got a uai of 91.8 and a stat of 155 in 2008?

btw, what UAI's did you guys get, for those accepted?

okimura1170

HSC
N/A
if you really want to do Pharmacy and still live in sydney, you can try UNE Pharmacy by distance education
2010 will be 1st intake and they have (V) and ATAR of 88.
Be aware
(i) UNE has applied for accreditation from Pharmacy Council of Australia, but provisional accreditation has yet to arrive the last time I checked a few weeks ago.
(ii) you have to go to UNE (armidale ) for residentials.

Agreed that you may still have a chance for Sydney Uni if some offerees do not take up their offer
Good luck.

lala2

Banned
HSC
According to the Australian Pharmacy Council website provisional accreditation is usually conferred after the first cohort has completed first year studies.

APC

Therefore it's not possible for provisional accreditation to be conferred at this stage. I agree UNE pharmacy is a viable option for those wanting to stay in Sydney.

Doomah

HSC
hmm, is there any chance of getting a offer in the final round? i got a uai of 91.8 and a stat of 155 in 2008?

btw, what UAI's did you guys get, for those accepted?

so did you even apply in the main round? if u did suprised u didnt get in, coz i do beleive people with atar lower than u got in

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
It could be because your STAT results werent attached to your UAC application. danz90 here told me that you should check up with UAC to see if they had it attached. I think for him, it wasn't attached until he called them up 3 times to verify it is.

That or your atar didn't cut it (some people might have gotten in through EAS)

David.Lai

HSC
This year, Pharmacy had a cut off of 93.20 ATAR and 150 STAT according to the admissions office at Usyd.

kevda1st

HSC
wow it got higher than last year? thats unexpected...

speaking of pharmacy does any one know when we get out time tables?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)