Pharmacy Sydney Uni (1 Viewer)

kjalloul

HSC
Im just curious, anyone planning on doin this course and know what the cut-off is?

Catheriinee

HSC
isnt the cut off 92.6 ??.. wot if i got 90.95 with the broadway scheme.. would i get in?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
me!!!

not 100% sure whether ill do it or not though
im so confused :(

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
advice: DONT DO PHARMACY. you seriously dont know what you're getting yourself into. seriously.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
My sister is a pharmacist. She says she regrets doing it.

Catheriinee

HSC
yeh i know.. theres nothing that i actually really really want badly =/

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Yeah me too. What I want really badly is the degree that lets me play computer games and construct robots on a forested mountain all day.

5233andy

HSC
me!!!

not 100% sure whether ill do it or not though
im so confused :(
I'm sitting on the fence, as well. It's either COmmerce or Pharmacy...

I'm divided as to whether I'll even cope in Pharmacy...

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
I'm sitting on the fence, as well. It's either COmmerce or Pharmacy...

I'm divided as to whether I'll even cope in Pharmacy...
Choose commerce. the jobs you will have post-graduation will be so so so much better.

I've been doing (undergraduate) work in a pharmacy for the last 2 years, and trust me, retail pharmacists are the most depressed people I have met.

If you want to spend ridiculously long shifts (8am-8pm) standing on your feet, in the one spot, doing the same repetative physical movements over and over and over again (pick up script, walk to shelf, pick up box, type on the keyboard, print label, stick label, print repeat, staple, hand out to px)
+ dealing with grumpy, rude old people
+ sifting through order forms, unpacking boxes
+ your colleagues being 15 year old shop assisstants
+ always having to keep a smile on your face and be really "friendly" to customers, even at the end of a 10 hour shift
+ ultimately having a job in which you can't progress in (i.e. someone who has been a pharmacist for 38 years will have EXACTLY the same position, pay, responsibilities, as someone who has been a pharmacist for 2 years)

THEN choose pharmacy.

ps. if you really HAVE to do pharmacy, ffs dont do retail pharmacy.

Dr. Zoidberg

HSC
Choose commerce. the jobs you will have post-graduation will be so so so much better.

I've been doing (undergraduate) work in a pharmacy for the last 2 years, and trust me, retail pharmacists are the most depressed people I have met.

If you want to spend ridiculously long shifts (8am-8pm) standing on your feet, in the one spot, doing the same repetative physical movements over and over and over again (pick up script, walk to shelf, pick up box, type on the keyboard, print label, stick label, print repeat, staple, hand out to px)
+ dealing with grumpy, rude old people
+ sifting through order forms, unpacking boxes
+ your colleagues being 15 year old shop assisstants
+ always having to keep a smile on your face and be really "friendly" to customers, even at the end of a 10 hour shift
+ ultimately having a job in which you can't progress in (i.e. someone who has been a pharmacist for 38 years will have EXACTLY the same position, pay, responsibilities, as someone who has been a pharmacist for 2 years)

THEN choose pharmacy.

ps. if you really HAVE to do pharmacy, ffs dont do retail pharmacy.
Thank god i want to work in industry :S

Though i had always thought the retail pharmacists were the ones to mix the medicine? Wouldn't a normal person be able to do the sticking and labeling ? :S

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
Though i had always thought the retail pharmacists were the ones to mix the medicine? Wouldn't a normal person be able to do the sticking and labeling ? :S
Unless you are lucky enough to get into a compounding pharmacy (very rare), the only "mixing" you will get to do will be making salicylic acid, which you will get a script for once a month IF that. and all it involves is mixing a tub of sorbelene cream, sulfur and disgusting coal tar together. it stinks like shit, and takes forever to do.

98% of the time you will be sticking a labelling. no joke.

stop exagerating
hahahaha i swear to god i'm not.

twitch92

HSC
N/A
My sister is a pharmacist. She says she regrets doing it.
cos many pharmacy students expect to be treated and live like mini doctors upon graduating. 9am-5pm in an inner city retail store is what people picture. pharmacy has pretty good job prospects, much better than most degrees at university. the pay is actually above average (or at least i thought so) and if you're doing a job just for the money then please kindly fuck off.

Last edited:

nchoy

HSC
cos many pharmacy students expect to be treated and live like mini doctors upon graduating. 9am-5pm in an inner city retail store is what people picture. pharmacy has pretty good job prospects, much better than most degrees at university. the pay is actually above average (or at least i thought so) and if you're doing a job just for the money then please kindly fuck off.
Agreed.

mamoz

HSC
Im just curious, anyone planning on doin this course and know what the cut-off is?
omg, kjay! are u gunaa do pharmacy loll .. i reccomend yu doin it, my brotheers loving it =) he can helpp yaa if ur in need if yu do end up choosing pharmacy lol :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)