pharmacy @ usyd , opinions ... etc (1 Viewer)

shinningstar

HSC
i've already done stat and got the score i needed :)
just wondering what it was like and anything else future students should be aware of ?

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
dont do it if u want to get into community pharmacy-its way oversaturated

K

khorne

basically that

Do pharm if you really want to do it

otherwise, pharm is a terrible course for med

Long gone are the days of guaranteed employment for pharms and the pays are super low these days due to the massive influx of grads.

animeiswild

HSC
You should be aware that the Bachelor of Pharmacy at USyd no longer requires the STAT and only needs a minimum ATAR of 85. If I were you, I'd be trying to refund my money for the STAT test which is now useless.

K

khorne

as in...pharma companies?

It's extremely competative and you need a PhD

raniaaa

:)
HSC
don't do pharmacy.. don't even think about it..
community pharmacy is way too congested and i've heard hospitals are very hard to get into. unless you plan on going rural or getting into drug research/design i wouldn't recommend you do pharmacy. i work at 2 pharmacies, one is in debt and not going well because of chemist warehouse down the road, the other pharmacy i work at is a discount chemist and the pay is terrible and conditions are crap. the pharmacists get paid 30-35 (MAX) an hour and if you're young they know you're desperate for a job and make you work the crappy late night hours...

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
You should be aware that the Bachelor of Pharmacy at USyd no longer requires the STAT and only needs a minimum ATAR of 85. If I were you, I'd be trying to refund my money for the STAT test which is now useless.
oh dear, no longer havin the stat test, i can see why they are so desperate for students and such a low ATAR of all time
they seem to be greedy tryin to fail more students becuz pharmacy is underfunded atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)