Philosophy (1 Viewer)

JustDance

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Alot of parallel universes there. I just created one just by posting this? The one in which I didn't?

Last edited:

williamdaft

HSC
Do not follow social conformity and work only for the reason of money.
Follow your dream and your life actually has meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnFUDVpFwFQ

Ask yourself what you really want in life otherwise living in regret is one of the worst things you can do..

Last edited:

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Yes, I agree with you. Good video too. On the other hand, people seem to be tired of advices like this. I guess it's because every each one of us has to come to this conclusions by himself. Hearing about altering theirs perception may be confusing if you are not feeling the source of the will to change.

williamdaft

HSC
Yes, I agree with you. Good video too. On the other hand, people seem to be tired of advices like this. I guess it's because every each one of us has to come to this conclusions by himself. Hearing about altering theirs perception may be confusing if you are not feeling the source of the will to change.
Yeah thx.
It's a really good advice though.. and it sucks to hear people who eventually regret working for decades doing something they absolutely hate and they could've done something that made their lives more enjoyable. Although sometimes, the activity/interest that people are passionate about don't earn them as much money but at least they're not living a miserable life. It sucks for some people who really want to do something out of the norm but are afraid to..

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Yeah thx.
It's a really good advice though.. and it sucks to hear people who eventually regret working for decades doing something they absolutely hate and they could've done something that made their lives more enjoyable. Although sometimes, the activity/interest that people are passionate about don't earn them as much money but at least they're not living a miserable life. It sucks for some people who really want to do something out of the norm but are afraid to..
Yup. :(

So, major advice - grow some balls everybody. :)

BlueBerrySun

Banned
HSC
Philosophy is a useless endeavor. My personal view is that life is a game meant to be played, not analysed rigorously.

JillyGi

HSC
Me, me, me! I like antique philosophy and existentialism. I conceive therefore I am!

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I only really like and appreciate analytic-ish philosophy. I say -ish because analytic philosophy was a term that refers only to philosophy in the english world since the 20th century, however that type of rigorous systematic philosophy had been practiced in the medieval scholastic era and also before that.

But I can see other people in this thread have different interests.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Loose strings...

Free will is a bit of limited answer to explain why God allows or why there is (in general for some non-theists) suffering. The reason I say this, is because free will is something that is either poorly defined, or does not factor in 'all factors'

I don't mind philosophy as a science/subject. But I do think that it can lead to the assumption that we can fully (completely that is) understand God or anything similar.

I think the question of "why are we here? what purpose is there to life?" is one worth investigating, even if you end up saying that it is just meaningless/pointless (which I can't see a theist saying that, but I can see an atheist saying that, which is not necessarily a bad thing for them)

Last edited:

si2136

HSC
N/A
Loose strings...

Free will is a bit of limited answer to explain why God allows or why there is (in general for some non-theists) suffering. The reason I say this, is because free will is something that is either poorly defined, or does not factor in 'all factors'

I don't mind philosophy as a science/subject. But I do think that it can lead to the assumption that we can fully (completely that is) understand God or anything similar.

I think the question of "why are we here? what purpose is there to life?" is one worth investigating, even if you end up saying that it is just meaningless/pointless (which I can't see a theist saying that, but I can see an atheist saying that, which is not necessarily a bad thing for them)
However, there isn't much to explore in existentialism though. There's no absolute answer to that question of 'why are we here?', so I personally find it pointless.

I'm more interested in the Philosophy of Psychology.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
However, there isn't much to explore in existentialism though. There's no absolute answer to that question of 'why are we here?', so I personally find it pointless.

I'm more interested in the Philosophy of Psychology.
Agreed. It's also a bit of a depressing topic tbh.

Once read a book about it and never again....

thatnormster

HSC
nobody here knows anything about philosophy and it fucking shows lmfao. imagine thinking that there's nothing to explore in existentialism? what? read a Wikipedia article or something.

NeoToad

HSC
Uni Grad
I am interested in ethics and morality, particularly in how different cultures view these concepts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)